What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SE Asian bamboo cured CPR 🔴 Colombian Punto Rojo 🇨🇴 2021

Lugo

Veteran
Tried my hand at a slightly modified SE Bamboo cure a few years back. 2 things:

1) I did not use mature/ripe bamboo which is ideal, I used already dried and pretty much cured bamboo

2) I did not pack it at the ideal drytime which is when the flowers are just wilted and soft

3) Did not bury it, just threw it in a zip-lock ad airtight as possible. I think I used a straw to pull air out.

After a few months I opened it and my first impression was just how sweet it smelled. The bamboo I guess removed the piney/limey sharp notes and left a super soft, almost chocolatey sweet smell and taste. There was a bit of something yellow (like tiny paint chips) sprinkled on the surface that kind of put me off. I was worried it could be some kind of mold. I cleaned off some to taste it and the high much like the smell was softer, slower as opposed to the speedy up high. It gave you like a lazy laugh lol. I should still have a bit. But hoping to try it again proper. The column broke into 3 pieces and I gave one to my Nigerian friend so I should have 1 left somewheres. The cork came of a bottle of RSO too. Maybe that helped. Last pic is the same flower used.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678155332213.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155332213.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 178
  • original_c2e9a6f0-0174-4a62-9fac-043abfd58941_IMG_20211105_162433998-1.jpg
    original_c2e9a6f0-0174-4a62-9fac-043abfd58941_IMG_20211105_162433998-1.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 162
  • FB_IMG_1678155086115.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155086115.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 143
  • FB_IMG_1678155089719.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155089719.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 150
  • FB_IMG_1678155590793.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155590793.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 146
  • FB_IMG_1678155133181.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155133181.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 144
  • FB_IMG_1678155192001.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155192001.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 140
  • FB_IMG_1678155323026.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678155323026.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20211105_142909646.jpg
    IMG_20211105_142909646.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:

funkyhorse

90% of the flower coming out of Corinto is from clones which has maintained a uniform and steady supply of flower to feed national and int'l (within SA) demand for years.

As far as 80's stock being dead, well I respectfully disagree.

Cheers!
Hola Lugo

Always welcome to respectfully disagree
Any answer to this post at the THH thread would be offtopic
Last time colombian brick arrived to the southern cone was the end of 80s and it was brick called Punto Rojo and it is legendary brick, the best paraguayans of the time were on par with it but the paraguayan brick was very different, it was rubbery, very sticky and was very difficult to smoke well

Colombian kids are coming south these days and they bring with them weed which looks, smells, tastes and hit like Amnesia dutch coffee shop flower be it bud or brick and they call it with pompous names like colombian gold . Probably very similar to the weed grown at these greenhouses called pesebres de marihuana

Do you know how the brick was made back then in the 80s??? What exact tecnique was used?
In Paraguay they use perique technique

I got some natural bamboo in the neighbourhood, any special tip for making this cure?
I plan to leave it at the greenhouse for 6 months after harvest from winter to summer. I wasnt thinking on a ziplock, just seal the cork with bee wax and it should make bamboo vacuum
I can make the banana bark cure and the bamboo cure of the same strain side by side

Thank you very much for posting, your weed looks superb, I certainly would love to grow real Corintos and taste those beauties

Lugo

Veteran
Hola Lugo

Last time colombian brick arrived to the southern cone was the end of 80s and it was brick called Punto Rojo and it is legendary brick, the best paraguayans of the time were on par with it but the paraguayan brick was very different, it was rubbery, very sticky and was very difficult to smoke well

Colombian kids are coming south these days and they bring with them weed which looks, smells, tastes and hit like Amnesia dutch coffee shop flower be it bud or brick and they call it with pompous names like colombian gold . Probably very similar to the weed grown at these greenhouses called pesebres de marihuana

Do you know how the brick was made back then in the 80s??? What exact tecnique was used?

I got some natural bamboo in the neighbourhood, any special tip for making this cure?
I plan to leave it at the greenhouse for 6 months after harvest from winter to summer. I wasnt thinking on a ziplock, just seal the cork with bee wax and it should make bamboo vacuum
I can make the banana bark cure and the bamboo cure of the same strain side by side

Thank you very much for posting, your weed looks superb, I certainly would love to grow real Corintos and taste those beauties

Well if you have access to bamboo thats great, just make sure that when you chop its mature and also in accordance to the moon cycle. This is the methodology used in cutting bamboo for long life, construction and for the health of the grove.
If you have access to soil i'd try more than method. I'd definetely try burying it in a pot of some very compact soil or clay. Im gonna assume that if you've got bamboo you must have some mild temps.

I can't find the thread you were referring to btw

Lugo

Veteran
Hola Lugo

Just saw the clip, quite shameful. The hipocrisy of the far right Narco-state that was Duques gov't.

I hope to be producing some soon from seed, theres alot if confusion and disinformation (ie lies) about 'strains' from this region.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678358251529.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678358251529.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 93
  • FB_IMG_1678358247729.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678358247729.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 89

islandpreservation

Tried my hand at a slightly modified SE Bamboo cure a few years back. 2 things:

1) I did not use mature/ripe bamboo which is ideal, I used already dried and pretty much cured bamboo

2) I did not pack it at the ideal drytime which is when the flowers are just wilted and soft

3) Did not bury it, just threw it in a zip-lock ad airtight as possible. I think I used a straw to pull air out.

After a few months I opened it and my first impression was just how sweet it smelled. The bamboo I guess removed the piney/limey sharp notes and left a super soft, almost chocolatey sweet smell and taste. There was a bit of something yellow (like tiny paint chips) sprinkled on the surface that kind of put me off. I was worried it could be some kind of mold. I cleaned off some to taste it and the high much like the smell was softer, slower as opposed to the speedy up high. It gave you like a lazy laugh lol. I should still have a bit. But hoping to try it again proper. The column broke into 3 pieces and I gave one to my Nigerian friend so I should have 1 left somewheres. The cork came of a bottle of RSO too. Maybe that helped. Last pic is the same flower used.
Sounds like it worked out pretty well. I wonder if the yellow flecks could have been bamboo the resin had pulled off the interior? Be curious what you have learned about these cures. Anything you would have done different? This would be a great method to revise and experiment with.