What's new

Screw-In LEDs and Optimum Mounting Angles

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
:)

I've begun working on the plans for a long flowering sativa cabinet, using screw-in LED lamps. A few questions have come up and I was hoping some of the micro-forum would have a few answers or suggestions. :)

The most pressing question has to do with LED penetration and mounting angles. I see the majority of screw in LEDs being mounted facing directly down. I see this working quite well, especially in cabinets/areas where there is head space available for this.

Since cannabis also benefits from side lighting and LEDs are very good at straight line penetration, doesn't it make more sense to mount them at an angle? You would essentially end up with your lamps mounted around the edges of the grow, illuminating an area of canopy top, plus side light through additional areas of the canopy.

The issue arises with proper placement of the lamps, to keep both top canopy and side illumination at an even coverage. Has anyone done the research on evenly covering spaces, using various angles for screw-in LEDs? :)

Thank You!