What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SCREENS FOR GLASS PIPES-WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you do to keep the weed from clogging up your glass pipe? Do they sell preformed screens anywhere?
What say you?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
They used to make glass screens that were basically little jacks or caltrops.

I bought and lost many over the decades.

Maybe too often after one or two uses.

Bowls should have just the right sized hole and after you eat cashed ass for a couple bowls resin up enough to grab the ash before it rockets into your ENT zone.

I always look long and hard at the head shop... some of those holes don't pass muster.

RobFromTX

I haven't put metal screens in a glass pipe in a long time. But its because of how fast they clog. But headshops usually carry the glass "filters" for glass pipes. pretty much just a tiny glass ball with barbs all over the place. And ofcourse you have to clean them off constantly. I dont use anything in my pipe these days but i clean mine every other day to get the optimum experience

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Let me introduce you all to The Invincibowl! https://invincibowl.com/
"Invincibowl is made from aerospace-grade aluminum, fits all 14mm joint bongs, and comes with a lifetime guarantee. Drop it from 10 feet, we dare you — it won’t break! Our bong bowls, durable bong stems, and high-flow smoking screens all help you build a superior bong and give you an unparalleled smoking experience."

INbowl_Black_Screen_2100x1400_88kb-e1639072709462.jpg

St. Phatty

Buy a few square feet of Stainless Steel mesh from companies like

TWPInc.com

I've used their mesh for grading black sands for minor gold mining attempts. I didn't get rich - but I can highly recommend their metal mesh.

It takes a lot of abuse.

I have lots of scraps of steel mesh laying around so I just put the scraps in the "Cannabis Area". My Bud Tupperware has pieces of mesh, so I just cut it with my Scissorhash scissors.

I recommend sharing an order with a few other potheads. The minimum order of about 12 square feet is basically a lifetime supply.

Galvanized mesh is less healthy. Zinc can be Neurotoxic and that is not the kind of experiment you want to perform on your body.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Seems like an opportunity...........
They DID ask. I own one of these. If you want to do bong hits with a bowl with a screen, it's the way to go.

I still prefer my glass bowls. I agree with mean mr.mustard, 'Bowls should have just the right sized hole and after you eat cashed ass for a couple bowls resin up enough to grab the ash before it rockets into your ENT zone'.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I use the "glassware style" bubbler which has those little funnel shaped bowls. I just tear off a little solid piece of bud and put it in the bottom of the bowl before loading. I need to poke down with a straightened paper clip sometimes to clean out the little hole in the bowl. I clean the whole pipe with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and salt (mild abrasive). The alcohol, paper clip and alcohol do a good job of cleaning on the stem and bowl of the funnel.