What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scottish growing

LouieG02

Hello there i am a new outdoor grower in scotland and i was wondering if a few fellow scots that have experiance in this will be willing to help me out.

I am wantig to know where when and what seed are best for growing out doors in this climate.

if anyone can get back to me you would be a great help

JGP

Hello Louie.Theres loads of strains that work up here but the real gems are in the early genetics, stuff from HFH hybrids are probably the most dependable and would be a good choice for the Scottish outdoor grower as there easy to obtain and can be purchased on seedbay.com.I've had decent results with there Hashplant and there Lebcheese which are no longer available unfortunately.A couple of other Scottish growers have had good results with there Scottish, DanishGold, Erdpurt hybrids and others.I'm growing there Hashplant2xDanishGold this year as it seems a perfect combo of two great strains:)Typhoon has been successfully cropped here, Royal Dane if you can find seeds
Canadian strains deserve a mention aswell, Timewarp, PurplePineberry, GuerrilaGold and others can be cropped up here also.Autos might be worth a bash also if we have a dry summer.DutchPassion have some strains that finish up here like FresianDew, Passion1 and DurbanPoison.Best advice I can give is grow a variety of early OD strains and find what works for you.:clover:

LouieG02

Thank you for your time and taking time to write me back.
I got these seeds not long ago called THC bomb there a good strain but i was quite curious to see if they could survive in this climtae aswell you opinion would be very helpful.

JGP

They will struggle to finish in our harsh climate, I've tried and failed with indoor genetics in the past.They probably won't start flowering till mid September by then too late as temps drop and growth slows down.

omni

Nadia, Red Escape, Royal Dane, Danish Passion, Danish Passion x Nepal.
And Auto Flowers like Angels Auto Mix.

JGP

Growing tips:

Early genetics

Secure location

South facing

Lots of sun and wind

Good soil Ph 6.5-7

If using containers cut the bottoms of so roots go down

Water nearby is handy

Try not to leave paths in to your plots

Chicken wire cages for rabbits

Slug pellets and copper tape

Feed when hungry, less is more

Tell nobody

Have FUN :)

rocket high

Veteran
JGP has pretty much nailed it Louie ... i would start prepping your new sites now so you aren't digging and planting all at once which is a lot of work tbh.

Good luck with your new hobby :biggrin:

JGP

Np we all help each other any way, try getting 50 posts quick so we chat in PM

looking forward your updates

JGP

Most seedbanks don't stock small private breeders work although some can be found on seedbay and other places.

rocket high

Veteran
Thats up to yourself Louie
I found when i tried one last year that the humidity got real high when it rained ...and when it was hot and sunny the pots dried out very quickly so i abandoned it early on in the season. security could also be a factor to consider aswell .. my situation last year might differ from yours so give it a go , see how you get on but if in doubt ...scrap it.