What's new

Safest way to post pictures?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
lol, I wouldn't use tinypic for any canna related pix.

just dont do cell phone pix.

erase your EXIF data and add em to your gallery here. simple.

Sleepy

Veteran
camera card>upload to icmag.com album

erase camera card.

be aware of what you have in the backgrounds and watch out for mirrors/reflections.

the servers here are safer than any other site...

keep your security the #1 priority.

do not store on your computer...do not use a cell phone.

I need to get this sorted also...

So Sleepy what size needs to be put in the camera so IC will accept them... i've had no luck past few tries... even when i downsized the s**t out of them ... any advice most appreciated... :)

t2

ambertrich

Veteran
Thanks Sleepy, I'm trying to get this sorted as well.

Is there maybe a thread up already that discusses this (looked but may have missed it)?

dustin27

Veteran
I use photobucket with private albums, and delete the user data from the pics. I'm asking this for a friend, who is hesitant to share his pictures. No phone pics obviously. I feel pretty safe with photobucket.

So, uploading to icmag is relatively safe also?

I havent had any problems uploading here, I use a program called PhotoResize, just drag the folder of pics onto that icon and it resizes them. Weird that some people cant get their pics small enough.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
camera card>upload to icmag.com album

erase camera card.

be aware of what you have in the backgrounds and watch out for mirrors/reflections.

the servers here are safer than any other site...

keep your security the #1 priority.

do not store on your computer...do not use a cell phone.

^^ This.

dustin27

Veteran
Servers here are safer...hmm. Sounds legit. What about one person up there mentioning IC attacks, or the LEOs that watches this site supposedly?

tr1ck_

I know if you take a picture from a smartphone sux as an android device the phone can add in the GPS coordinates to the picture.

When you erase the EXIF data does that erase the GPS?

dustin27

Veteran
I think I'll be deleting my photobucket pics. Put the keepers on here and then disappear the computer evidence.

Does anyone keep their pictures on an external HD, maybe compressed, encrypted and passworded...Is that too much risk?

Just use Photobucket. A couple advantages:

They allow pot pictures.
You can password protect albums.
You have the option of randomizing all your pictures titles, and deleting most EXIF data upon upload.
Easy to organize, thumbnail, edit and add annotations for journals.
Added benefit of being able to delete pictures in case of emergency. I.E. an attack on ICMag servers, investigations, or if you were to get banned here. :p
If you plan on keeping a life long diary, Photobucket is legit and will be around a lot longer than ICMag (hopefully I'm wrong).
Also, no ICMag gallery is safer if you're not medical, in my opinion.

I like being able to pull the plug at any time, you know what I mean? Hope this helps.
I've gotten flack for using photobucket. I think the non-MMj folks don't understand that I don't care if you or the gov't figures out who I am. I keeps it legit or would not be here posting.

Photobucket is great IMO. My droids takes great pics/vids and I can send them straight to email or facebook, and videos straight to youtube. I also back everything up on flash drives if I remember. Hell, my facebook is linked to my photobucket, which is linked to IC. Whatever. I left worrying and being anonymous behind when I moved to CA and stopped breaking state/local laws.