What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Safe to mount a lumatek vertically on a wall?

Im trying to figure out where to put this ballast and outside of the grow closet on the wall seems like a good place for it, is there any problem mounting it vertical to drywall? I dont want it to overheat or anything. Thanks

D

dunkybones

All four of my ballasts are mounted vertically, and I haven't had any problems. But then again, it never occured to me that I might.

gdbud

I have mounted upside down with no problems. I would think as long as you have it in a place so that air could move a cross it in order it cool it would not matter the orientation that its hung.

T-type

I have my electronic ballasts hung on the wall, because they had mounting screw holes.

My magnetic ballasts don't. Is it ok to hang them in any fashion or just the electronic ones?

Latest posts

Latest posts