What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool

Mohadib

Veteran
F35 - Ice Cool

F35 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 35 days into floweirng. Slowly but surely she's done developing flowers; the resin level got up as well.
Meanwhile she really started stinking of Diesel, citrus and earth - VERY intense smell, super nice! :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F42 - Black Jack

F42 - Black Jack

Black Jack 42 days into flowering.
The buds are already rock hard, making me believe she's up for some serious foxtailing. We'll see about that...
Just as the Jack 47 pheno I run, she turns out to be rather nute sensitive, which is expressed by slight lock-out-symptoms, in this case a magnesium deficit. I won't feed her any more - that should be sufficient.
Her aroma has changed back to that typical Jack Herer smell of piney lemony incense notes, combined with a slightly sweet skunkiness, pepper, freshly cut noble wood and -upon touching - unripe mangos.
Now I'm happy again :-D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F42 - S.A.D. S1

F42 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. S1 42 days into flowering.
She started blowing up during the last week. You can already tell the buds will be very dense and frosty in the end - probably quite a producer...
Since she's suffering from slightly burned leaf-tips in her upper parts, I won't feed her any more as well.
Her aroma hasn't changed much, except maybe that she's gotten a bit sweeter. So she still smells very woody, spicey, hashy and musky. Not as spectacular as the other ones, but very nice nonetheless.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F42 Ice Cool

F42 Ice Cool

Ice Cool 42 days into flowering.
Slowly but surely she's starting to fill out.
Compared to the other two strains, she seems to handle her feeding quite well. BUT, as I have discovered yesterday, she started spitting out some nanners near the top (fucking Diesel genetics^^). Nothing drastic, only a few. But enough for me to worry if she'll keep it cool all the way through. She's definitely on my watch-list now!
On the positive side, her aroma has gotten even more intense and is really, really loud already! Straight Sour Diesel funk: Super duper citrussy, as well as diesely and earthy. That smell sticks onto you, no matter how hard you wash your hands after handling her - pretty nice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F49 - Black Jack

F49 - Black Jack

Black Jack 49 days into flowering. Contrary to my expectations, she didn't develop any foxtails at all. Although the buds have gained a little girth, they mostly seem to 'expand' inwardly - they're already rock hard. She appears to be a very fast flowering pheno, as about 70 % of the trichomes are alreadly cloudy and about 15 % are already amber. Since I'm about to leave town for a couple of weeks, her speed fits me quite well :)
Her aroma has gotten a lot more piney and sharp, almost metallic, yet, it's also lemony and slightly skunky - altogether very incensy and hazy. Very, very nice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F49 - S.A.D. S1

F49 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. 49 days into flowering. As you can see, she's quite the tower of buds. Since I stopped feeding her, the lock-out symptoms in the upper parts haven't gotten any worse. Good on her!
Although she still smells like a barn when untouched, you can slowly but surely make out a slight fruityness among all that hashy, spicey, peppery goodness, when you rub the resin between your fingers. Her smell has gotten kind of 'verlvetty' and cosy by now. Still: Very unusual and very interesting!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F49 - Ice Cool

F49 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 49 days into flowering. She's definitely going to take the longest. Which is nice insofar I'll be back in town when she's at 70 days, which is probably the time she needs to properly ripen. We'll see. Very slowly her calyxes swell up and she starts to put on some weight. Also, no more nannas as far as I can tell.
Her aroma has gotten even more intense. There's not a hint of grapefruit or any fruit at all for that matter. No sweetness, no nothing. It's straight sour acidic diesel you get. And she's loud. Touching her results in a super sour fuely, chemy residue on your fingers that you cannot get rid off, no matter what you do. Definitely the stinkiest strain I've grown so far (and I've had some real stinkers!). I'm impressed Sweet Seeds!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Wow my friend...

They look very frosty :D

And almost ready ;) Keep us updated and enjoy your sweets :peppermintstick:

tommy

Mohadib

Veteran
Thanks Tommy! It's been a real pleasure to grow these ladies & I'm pretty sure I'll be keepin' those around. Good work you guys!

Cheers!:tiphat:

Mohadib

Veteran
F52 - Black Jack

F52 - Black Jack

Black Jack 52 days into flowering. As I said before, I had to harvest early, because I was going to be out of town for a couple of weeks. In the meantime the buds have cured for three weeks. The aroma of the dried buds has changed significantly during the last two weeks. They now smell very similar to the fresh flowers, a mix of spices, sweet lemons, pepper, and a touch of skunk.

The taste is very pronounced and complex: On the inhale it's extremely hazy (i.e. incensy / lemony / spicy / tropical). On the exhale you get a VERY heavy and lingering pine taste. VERY delicious!

The high probably reflects the early harvest time, but it's the most cerebral and activating high I experienced in a long time. It's extremely energizing and clean, yet, if you let it take over, it's also really spacy and meditative. Brilliant day-time smoke!

Overall, my first experience with Black Jack is very, very positive and I'm looking forward to try out the remaining seeds. I'll keep this pheno around though - it's too good to let it go!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F52 - S.A.D. S1

F52 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. 52 into flowering. She could have gone a few more days but had to be harvested early as well.
The dried and (3 weeks) cured buds smell very intense and super unusual. It almost smells like a muskox: a sweetish, 'velvetty' animal smell, that's accompanied by a heavy hash note, a weird acidic touch, noble woods and after shave, very perfumy. Never smelled anything like it. Super nice!
The smell translates perfectly into the taste and is very persistent: Every puff tastes just as good as the first one - noice!

The high is intense! You can tell she'll put you down, when you give her the time to flower she needs. Taken down at 52 days however, it's a very interesting blend of physical and mental effects - very, very strong and spacy, yet very gentle; no paranoia at all. Definitely another keeper!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F75 - Ice Cool

F75 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 75 days into flowering. She was given the time to fully ripen. Since she didn't get any nutes for several weeks, her leaves have mostly fallen off. The buds have gotten really chunky and dense though. She spat out a few more nanas, but nothing to worry about - typical diesel behaviour...

As she's currently drying I can't tell anything about the taste or the high she provides. Her aroma has gotten even more intense and a little more savory though. She's still reeking like Diesel, burnt rubber, citrus and now also like super ripe orange peels. Delicious and extreme! I'm really, really looking forward smoking her!

EDIT: The buds have been dried and sampled by now. I can still taste her^^ This is by far the stinkiest and most intense tasting weed I've ever smoked! The dried buds smell pretty similar to the fresh flowers, just a wee bit less diesel like and a little bit more citric. On the inhale it's mostly fuel with an orange peel twist; on the exhale it's mostly sour lemons, that become a little more sweet after the vapor / smoke left your mouth. Super delicious! I'm totally sold! THANKS sweet seeds!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow! thanks for the post, I was just given a Ice Cool cut (Thanks J!! :tiphat:), and this thread has been priceless to get some info!

Glad to have such an interesting girl!

Mine's pheno is more sativa leaning (slimmer leaves etc).

how's the smoke (effects)? curing time?

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
Hey, glad you like it :)

The effect I get from the IC is a very 'cosy' overall buzz. It's quite strong but easy to handle: no racyness, no paranoia, no dizzyness - just a very comfortable state of well-being that seems to last forever. It's more of an indica buzz, I'd say, but that might be due to the 75 days of flowering time she had.

I have one at 28 days of flowering right now and I'm planing on letting her go 65 days. We'll see how she turns out this time ;)

Concerning the curing time: The taste is there right from the beginning and there's hardly any difference in this respect compared to the cured buds. Things get a little smoother with curing, but it appears she's a 'heavy expansion'-strain anyway, so the difference is rather negligible.

If your cut is anything like my pheno, prepare for something awsome :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
What did you use to smoke/vape?

So definitely, daylight smoke... I tested one with 9 days curing and definitely, that describes the effect perfectly.

why did you let it go almost two extra weeks? did you feel she needed it to pack some weight?

mohadib said:
I have one at 28 days of flowering right now and I'm planing on letting her go 65 days. We'll see how she turns out this time

Subbed for that! :lurk:

mohadib said:
If your cut is anything like my pheno, prepare for something awsome

Drooling just on the possibility :dance013:

Mohadib

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What did you use to smoke/vape?[/FONT]
Joints and a vaporizer.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So definitely, daylight smoke... I tested one with 9 days curing and definitely, that describes the effect perfectly.
[/FONT]
Well, I'm not quite sure if I'd call her a daytime smoke. She definitely puts you in lazy-mode. But I'm no daytime smoker anyway, so what do I now ;)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
why did you let it go almost two extra weeks? did you feel she needed it to pack some weight?
[/FONT]
I was on vacation when she sould have come down. And though I didn't see her at 65 days, I'd say the few extra days have done no harm in terms of weight...

Anyways, since we're at at, here's she at her current state @28 days:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Whoah! thanks for the pics!

Mine definitely looks slightly more sativa leaning, with thinner leaves "fingers", at least in veg.

Joints and a vaporizer.

Well, I'm not quite sure if I'd call her a daytime smoke. She definitely puts you in lazy-mode. But I'm no daytime smoker anyway, so what do I now ;)

She won't knock you out and put you to sleep, that's important for med users... get just the well-being but with a clear mind and motivation to get jobs done.

mohadib said:
I was on vacation when she sould have come down. And though I didn't see her at 65 days, I'd say the few extra days have done no harm in terms of weight...

Anyways, since we're at at, here's she at her current state @28 days:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

wow... thanks por posting pics!

One thing I like is it doesn't seem to stretch too much? I'd say a 50% from veg height?

Mohadib

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One thing I like is it doesn't seem to stretch too much? I'd say a 50% from veg height? [/FONT]

Yeah, with my setup, she stretched roughly about 60 %, so not too much. But keep in mind that I'm only using a 250 Watt light for flowering! She'll probably stretch more with more light!

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Great pictures and plants my friend ;)

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!
jaypp