What's new

Rust stripes between viens Mg?

LostTribe

Premium user
I’m in soil so I know that’s a little different… but when I was just under 2000w hps I was feeding at 1.6 ec. When I added 400w of led bar lights on the sides of the hps, I had to bump my feed to 2.4ec. So I can only imagine growing under LEDs as your main lights
Thats nuts. Are you checking your ec on the PBP or just when you had issues? Not even just that. I have mainly used hydroton over the years and aerocloners. Thankfully, I am nearly out of canna coco. Still need peat or something for in betweens and seeds from time to time. I will try to keep the ec up then. Today it was watered with runoff at 1.7 and they are definitely greening up. The 2.3 I think was a bit much. My humidity is also low but thats been that way. Fairly new to coco and new to led is a recipe for issues.

Somebody up the thread said he used coots mix and didnt have any issues I dont see how you can go from coots water only to LED and not have to feed bottled nutes at this rate and full LED.

I might try to run the mars in a 10 x 10 sort of side by side with 3 under/around each but no idea how to hand the led. HPS for me is about the simplicity. You hang it on a hook and your turn it on, wait! You have to screw it in too!

LostTribe

Premium user
These continue to green up.
full

Albany
full

JayPlantspeaker SourD
full

Trinity
full

LostTribe

Premium user
I know they look like shit but they are way greener than they got the other day. Looks like I've been feeding way too little in veg and obviously too much light even for that little tent.

Trying to figure out how to try and do 3 of my hydro plants that are vegging under hps while also running 3 under the mars 480w? I had planned to hand a 1k hps and a 400w hps between the 6.

X X X
0 0
X X X like this I would like to try and either run the mars up at the top top on one side. Wondering how creative I can get with the mars, can I modify it to hang it more like a vertical hps ya think? Its the fc-e so the bars come off and attach seperately.

Goal would be to spread light out from the center. But they dont have much heat to them so this might be an even worse idea?

LostTribe

Premium user
Def Operator Error!!!!

They look so much better. Feeding 1.5ec, tap, silica blast, maxibloom and ph 5.9. They look so good that I guess I ought to give the mars one more go.

I do not want to run it in my 3x3 its not big enough. I wonder how much like I would loose by just hanging it in the corner of the room? I was going to hang a 1k hps in a 10x10 in the center with 6 bato buckets around it. maybe add the 400w. I am wondering about running the 1k dimmed to 500w and the fc-e4800 on the other half so 3 under the LED and 3 around the 1k hanging vert. Thoughts?

I was thinking to hang some white poly like 8x12 to give me room to move round. Maybe start by hanging the LED in the corner to see how it spreads out.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Def Operator Error!!!!

They look so much better. Feeding 1.5ec, tap, silica blast, maxibloom and ph 5.9. They look so good that I guess I ought to give the mars one more go.

I do not want to run it in my 3x3 its not big enough. I wonder how much like I would loose by just hanging it in the corner of the room? I was going to hang a 1k hps in a 10x10 in the center with 6 bato buckets around it. maybe add the 400w. I am wondering about running the 1k dimmed to 500w and the fc-e4800 on the other half so 3 under the LED and 3 around the 1k hanging vert. Thoughts?

I was thinking to hang some white poly like 8x12 to give me room to move round. Maybe start by hanging the LED in the corner to see how it spreads out.
If you plan to grow in a room, you can also put some reflective materials on the wall to maximize the use of light.

LostTribe

Premium user
If you plan to grow in a room, you can also put some reflective materials on the wall to maximize the use of light.
I use white/black poly have for a long time as well as flat white paint.

I fired up this fce4800 for the first time outside of the old 3x3 tent I used it in and all I can say is it doesnt put out nearly as much light as I had thought previously, guess I should have grabbed a bigger one.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I use white/black poly have for a long time as well as flat white paint.

I fired up this fce4800 for the first time outside of the old 3x3 tent I used it in and all I can say is it doesnt put out nearly as much light as I had thought previously, guess I should have grabbed a bigger one.
What wattage of light do you anticipate you'll need?

Ca++

13 to 15 is not a big increase. I suspect 15 is spoon feeding them. Them few days they crashed, will of impacted the plants stores. I don't see any pics for some reason, but something/everything took a hit. I would try a bit more EC than merely sufficient. No crazy jumps though, they need a moment to adapt.

I don't think more time under tubes will be helpful. I think it will just slow you down. It might be better to swap the tubes for LED retrofits, to get your plants going sooner. A strong veg leads to a strong bloom. You need to build up reserves within the plant.

My next evolutionary step, will probably be learning about brix levels. It's a good indicator of plant health. The high N environment many grow in, is a lot of work for a plant. We can't push that too hard, if we want copious amounts of spare sugars around. The N to K balance is important here. The biggest greenest plant, may have less left to give. As I say.. I need to evolve before I can make any real sense of this tool, but it looks promising. A brix test is the first thing Harley does when he approaches a grow diagnostically. You take a new leaf, and mush a drop of moisture from it. That sits in your $15 refractometer, and you can read off sugar levels.

Perhaps the Mars forum wasn't the best place for this thread.

LostTribe

Premium user
I sort of got it figured out and its mixed spectrum with HPS on the other end bu they werent showing this. 1100 ppm 2.2ec seems to have fixed it.

LostTribe

Premium user
I am looking for a new samsung lit LED to replace the 1k HPS. Anyone tried these new lm301h EVO's?

TANO

🍒
Veteran
I was looking at the ones on alibaba but don't see the evo.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I am preparing a grow off between my 1000w Horitilux vs Mars fc-e4800. The HPS is going to obliterate the led.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user

Interesting. Looks like the EVO is more efficient but I wonder if they are reducing the number of diodes?

I still do not see how led is useable for vegetative growth compared to what I get with HID.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Sorry for late response, two bottles, hesi P, (a shot a couple of days before and a couple of days after switching to 12/12, (carefull too much is worse than non)), and hesi boost to be fed with normal flowering nutes when under LED, will sort red stripes and led issues.

Hope someone finds that useful as it's the only HP's to led adjustment needed to take advantage of the cooler temperatures that led offer.

And for the record, love my mars lights, tents and fan.

Latest posts

Latest posts