What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Running

yardgrazer

Any of you into running at all?

I can't say I'm "into" running exactly, but it is a thing I do. These days, pretty often. Used to be more of a cyclist, but I have limited time these days, and so far running has proven to be a more efficient way of tuckering myself out.

I really like smoking a bowl after a run... both a nice reward for exercising, and I get super high because I'm already kinda wasted.

Bob Green

I started running in 06 and love it! Well some days it sucks but it I always feel better after a solid trip down the trails.

3snowboards

I do run/walk trail hikes into the alpine
Usually up and back is 6-10 miles
My miles are like 10-14 min/mile
Just switched to Saucony shoes (from Asics)
i got Grid Phantom 2s

midwestkid

Veteran
I like to smoke a sativa then take off exercising. About the time the initial buzz wears off and I say what the hell am I doing I better head back home. Oops accidentally exercised

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I can't run any more because my knees are dead but I still walk. I just got into a pair of Brooks, Adrenaline shoes and I really like them. I have bad feet (old age) so shoes are everything. I was limited to about 2 miles or less before. Now, I can do 5 without too much pain.

wutwut

Veteran
haven't runned that much but i like to jog and walk in nature. adidas ultra boost shoes are very super lightly and often feels like trampoline under my feet.

I am out of shape so I recently am getting back into morning runs. Sometimes the thought of pushing myself till I'm so out of breath brings butterflies to my stomach and I am tempted to skip for the day but if I do go then the rest of the day feels so good so its worth it even when you don't include the fitness benefit.

St. Phatty

My morning exercise has been at a slower pace recently.

I'm going to be smoked out of my front yard in a few weeks (by a neighbor in an un-zoned residence) so I'm re-building the soil in about 25 fruit trees to prepare for the rain.

12 inches of "biomass" (mostly, dried wild pea plants, this year), with about an inch of sand on top.

Every tree gets a circle of dirt-waiting-to-happen about 5 feet in diameter.

I count the shovel fulls of dirt. Yesterday, it was 5 trees. Each one got 20 shovel fulls of dirt.

And that's the exercise ! Then I stretch.

Stive_Rigers

Btw, I believe you still need to start with a traditional foundation because you say that you are forever in the teaching method. I have always believed that triathlon is a very difficult sport, it involves a lot and requires a lot of endurance and fortitude. All of this is accomplished, of course, with long, long workouts in the gym, or you can still run and cycle a lot. But to speed up your endurance workouts, you can use steroid supplements, or steroid CAPMs, as they are called. There are many varieties of them, but you need GW0742 - it just helps to increase endurance, build muscle mass, if you are interested, you can read in more detail here sarmguide.com.

MiaBright

I started running when the quarantine began (I live in a suburb of a big city, so there weren't many people on the streets). The gyms were closed, but I wanted to stay fit. It turned out that I like running. Now I run 2-3 times per week.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i ran a mile and a half daily for years after i got out of USAF. now, if i tried to run the hundred yard dash, there'd better be an ambulance following me...

yardgrazer

We'll see how far I make it, but I made an unofficial resolution to run every day this year. So far so good, only had to fit in a night run once so far (which was actually great fun).

Yellowmoon

Running is part me. Nowadays the greatest benefit is mental well-being and as I age it gets harder to stay slim. It has dawned on me that's really the case.

Latest posts

Latest posts