What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #8: Cindy Cindy

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here we go with the newly refurbished big tent and some special genetics from Lost Tribe…. Yes, we’re talking Cindy 99. Here is what I found inside a shiney gift of doper love. Who knew such bonus genes could frost the cake of two phenos, yet there is some THH too. I am stoked and thanks a million Lost Tribe.

DSC02078.JPG Wrapped present

DSC02079.JPG Goodies inside

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These are reg seeds, and I am looking for two females of each. I will wet 5 of each pheno of Cindy, sex them, and keep the 2 best girls of each. There will probably be no room to grow out males for pollen.

I am trying to time these so pollen from the OHz in the other tent can be used to make Cindy haze seeds from both phenos. That tent is just about to be at 12/12. LT says these Cindy’s are short flowering. I will wet these soon, and hope the timing works. We’ll see.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
5 each of the Punch and Metal pheno seeds started soaking this morning. I am looking for 2 females of each. Males can go outside and make pollen perhaps with the daylight hours coming down. If that is the case I will make F3 seeds of these too. We'll see what comes up.

LostTribe

Premium user
They look great. The soil looks pretty wet, make sure to let it dry out between waterings. When growing in soil mix dry periods are necessary. To know if its time to water there are many indicators. The weight of the cup/pots when you pick them up, and they should never be watered to the point they feel heavy. When they feel light water. Another indicator is to use your finger to see that the top 2 inches is completely dry, this helps beginners.

Obviously you might have just watered but try picking them up as you water to make sure they dont get heavy as that will cut off oxygen supply. Did you cut holes in the bottoms of the cups? Just lending advice they look great but you said they were going slow. Overwatering will slow veg growth. Cheers! LT

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I totally disagree with dry soilers. My microbes like it wet. When in cups, my soil is 3 layers after top dress. Soil on the bottom, fluffy starter in the middle, and now top dress on top. That stuff stays wet, as it is heavy in EWC. The cups have drain holes, and the stands have air vents. I bubble the water I use.

They are still at 24 / 0. Not quite big enough leaf canopy to fill the cup with roots, and thus be ready to up-pot into 1 gallon pots for sexing. I don’t have room for 8 pots right now anyways. Darn tent has OHaze sexing in it, so that stuff better hurry up.

7632184A-D8EC-45E9-A39F-0B168EC9D84B.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
On my first grow I had the bottom of the Dixie cups get dry because I listened to people warn against over watering. I was spritzing the surface, and the bottom of the cups was dry. No bueno.

The seeds tail in a jar of water. Hydro growers have very wet roots.

Water good. Ions like water, microbes like wet soil, cation exchange likes water. I think the soil is just a medium to hold the water, ions, and microbes.

After a run I can see how the roots did in the 10 gallon bags sitting on a SWICK bed. The roots go down to the wetter bottom soil. They pass through the bag and go right down to the water level in the bed, which is around 1.5” below the bag. There are no roots in the top 2”, except from the cover clover. The SWICK makes a wetness gradient in the bag of soil, wet on the bottom, dry on top. I have to keep adding drainage to the soil between runs to keep it fluffy, and not too soggy. I added bio-char and rice hulls this time.

I feed by drench from on top. Two times per week once they get going in the 10 gallon bags. That water pushes old moisture down into the bed, and whatever runoff it contained. This may be keeping nitrogen in my soil too late into flower. Who knows.

I may be completely wrong too. My dope lacks fat heads covering everything, and flavor, but I keep thinking it is an ion imbalance.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I didnt mean to dry completely out. The top is what I said. The top of the soil under normal circumstances should dry quicker. You can usually water via the bottom in soil containers a bit too if you are worried. Don't let them sit in soaking water for more than a bit though. Overwatering is also not good for microbial growth you are cutting off oxygen.

I see lightening between veins. They are being affected by something. How about root zone temp? Water logged soil is cold to the touch not good for them and can cause root rot.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There is a heat pad. I’ll put up a pic in 2 nights. They are close to needing the plastic 1 gallon pots and less light time. Still 24/0.

Darn OHaze should a been started 3 weeks earlier I think. Hasn’t sexed yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts