What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #6 Haze NL 87 under Mars 4800e - with control!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Looking closer at the flowers...

DSC01878.JPG Tall T2

DSC01879.JPG Short T1

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So what are these things appearing on one branch of the tall girl? They are bigger than seeds IMO. Maybe they are. Funny how one per node.

I need to get some tags with twist ties, and start labling branches with which pollen they are hit with. I am usually stoned, and the branches grow. These were at the lower part of the plant, and the branch is a lot longer now. I can't remember, but I suspect the varig-NLH before I took it outside.

DSC01880.JPG

DSC01881.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The girls are stacking and packing. Smells good too. I have no idea how long these will want. They were flipped on 5/4, and have no signs of letting up.
The little 480W light is at full power, but seems to be enough for them.

DSC01892.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Like I said, it seems to be working just fine. The control feature works as it should. The plants seem happy, and that is what matters. Really any more power would need colder air pumped in, and my lung room is barely keeping up now. I have the driver in an adjacent closet that gets a lot of airflow, and it still gets pretty warm. I am glad the driver isn't mounted on top of the light, in the tent.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I am a big fan of driver off builds. Mine has both the driverss housed in a separate cabinet outside the grow space. Nice to have that as well as the dimming!

goingrey

So what are these things appearing on one branch of the tall girl? They are bigger than seeds IMO. Maybe they are. Funny how one per node.

I need to get some tags with twist ties, and start labling branches with which pollen they are hit with. I am usually stoned, and the branches grow. These were at the lower part of the plant, and the branch is a lot longer now. I can't remember, but I suspect the varig-NLH before I took it outside.

View attachment 18725291

View attachment 18725292
Just some little flowers. They can be seeded or not. Some strains have them. :dunno:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There is a single cord from the driver to the light harness. The one that came with the light was long enough, but maybe another could be used if more distance was needed. These lights have a harness that goes to each bar. If a bar went bad, it is easier to replace a bar than the whole light. Plus, a different LED mix could be incorporated in the bars, so maybe a bar with more blue at veg and then the current bars in flower. Just move one branch of the harness from one bar to another.

No complaints about the light.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sunday morning feeding time. Let's look in as they start the 8th week:

DSC01895.JPG

The lower branches on tall T2 are pleasantly tall and filling in. They are getting within 9" of the light bars. I have a little under a foot more that I can raise the light in the 8' tent. There may need to be another net to support the spears as they pack on the weight.

Still have the little pods on that one branch too:

DSC01896.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am going to start reducing the daylight hours down to 11/13, starting today they are at 11:45 and will reduce 15 minutes every other day. They are in the 7th week, and still getting a little taller. Short T1 doesn't drink much water compared to tall T2, which is a very thirsty plant.

The way I have been keeping the VPD in the flower range is having to turn the window banger up to 77*F at night when the heat from the lights is gone. Heat is coming from the dehuey all the time. The temp in the tent is pretty constant at 75*F, with Rh around 40-45%, at the tops. So no cool downs at night.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The 'pods' are still there on that one T2 lower branch. The 'pods' are frosting up nicely, as if the plant is protecting them.

I am afraid this branch was hit with the 4 leaf clover tall boy. I wish it was SKOHLP, cause I lost the pollen branches that I had collected in a zip to mold. I need to get little tags to mark which branches were hit with what, if I am gonna be chuckin pollen.

What should I be doing with feeding the plants, besides microbes? I have been using some supercarb to try to get frost, but not helping. How can I get the plant to make more frosty trics?

DSC01910.JPG
DSC01911.JPG
DSC01912.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Ole SKOHLP is hanging in there. Super hot for a month, just pond water, and no p*ssy. I topped it a couple weeks ago, and the branches have taken over. Not making much in the way of pollen flowers, and I got high and screwed up the pollen I had collected by molding it.

Edit: I bet the lack of pollen is from the pond water. The pond has a lot of fish which I feed often, and they make N in the water. Dooh!!!

I have the same problem inside with the girls.

DSC01913.JPG

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
They look fine to me. A bit on the green side but the tips are fine and there is no discoloration in the rest of the plants aside from some pistils turning already seems a bit early. I would expect these to go 14w minimum from seed even w the NL....NL 9w OH 12-16w+ . Just keep them happy and let them do their thing. I have the same mars bars love it aside from needing to add heat when its cold.

LostTribe

Premium user
re what we were talking about a second ago. N builds up in soil. You stop calmag in soil at 4-6.5 weeks depending on the strain maybe 8-10 weeks w sativa but they'll tell you not the other way around, the plants. Listen to them.

What is your soil mix I noticed BAS ammendments etc. List your soil mix and your feeding schedule?

I liked Mr Fulv. One of the wisest things a really old timer told me over 20 years ago, "Use what you've got!". Don't buy anymore snake oil ie anything you don't already have. You have been at this a while and it looks great just have to have patience. You will adjust to how long sativa's take and then you wont believe how fast hybrids finish. I think sativa's should be learned first as it would create much better growers. It separates the men from the boys. It forces you to slow everything down and forces you to learn to read the plants. Let them tell you not the other way.

#1 Room set up.
-Dial environment
-refer to VPD chart depending on stage of growth
-adjust intakes/fans/light power
-I didnt notice an oscillating fan that is something I'd have before any other high tech gadgets.

#2 Medium
-Soil- list all amendments

#3 Feed
-soil -
-depending on the soil you may not need to feed liquid nutes.
-1 to 2 feedings a week plain water in between each feeding, I , me, I water soil until 10% runoff. Plain ph'd water in between feedings maybe 2 depending on if they need it. I pick up all pots/containers to judge the weight ie need to water or not.

-coco/hydro- find a starting feed level based on your plants appearance and go from there.

Again, the plants all look fine maybe a bit of N building up but it will be fine. Roma non è stata construita in un giorno!

For them having 50% make up of Ohaze they look great.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
'Today is the first day of the rest of your grow'. It is also day 60 of flowering. As of today the lights are down to 11/13, running at 100% power.

DSC01914.JPG

For the Sunday AM feeding there will be no Cal-Mag plus. No more for the rest of the grow, because they snuck nitrogen into that stuff. Who knew?? Lost Tribe, and he clued me in.

Here are the stacked flowers. One thing I have noticed with these plants are the tric heads start out cloudy, never clear.:

DSC01915.JPG Tall T2's top
DSC01916.JPG Short T1's top
DSC01917.JPG T2 still has those cute little pods on the one branch.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks Mr. Flower, but we both know growing plants isn't the mission here - tasty powerful frost is!

If this cal-mag is the real culprit of the lack of frost, things will go better on the next sativa run - ICMag O'haze.

I have another 4 x 4 net that I can put in there if needed, and I hope it is. I also have long and short bamboo sticks if needed for the main colas. The way I harvest in a net is cut the top branches off at the net, or if called for below the net, and just remove the branch. The stuff remaining under the net can have more time and light and finish a while longer. Trying to chop the whole plant and separate the net went out the first time I tried it that way

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A net can be used to hold down branches or tops that are too close to the light. I added a third net, layed down the rouge tops, and lowered the light - still at full power, and the net is at 900+ avg umoles.

Handling those tops made my hands sticky and smell good.

DSC01920.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts