What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #6 Haze NL 87 under Mars 4800e - with control!

TheDarkStorm

'Today is the first day of the rest of your grow'. It is also day 60 of flowering. As of today the lights are down to 11/13, running at 100% power.

View attachment 18729341

For the Sunday AM feeding there will be no Cal-Mag plus. No more for the rest of the grow, because they snuck nitrogen into that stuff. Who knew?? Lost Tribe, and he clued me in.

Here are the stacked flowers. One thing I have noticed with these plants are the tric heads start out cloudy, never clear.:

View attachment 18729342 Tall T2's top
View attachment 18729343 Short T1's top
View attachment 18729344 T2 still has those cute little pods on the one branch.

'Today is the first day of the rest of your grow'. It is also day 60 of flowering. As of today the lights are down to 11/13, running at 100% power.

View attachment 18729341

For the Sunday AM feeding there will be no Cal-Mag plus. No more for the rest of the grow, because they snuck nitrogen into that stuff. Who knew?? Lost Tribe, and he clued me in.

Here are the stacked flowers. One thing I have noticed with these plants are the tric heads start out cloudy, never clear.:

View attachment 18729342 Tall T2's top
View attachment 18729343 Short T1's top
View attachment 18729344 T2 still has those cute little pods on the one branch.

Flylowgethigh, looks like your growing these really well, they do look very lush.....forgive me I just skipped through the thread but are these from seed still or clone.....they've done quite well with flowering at week 8....I redone a new 5hz myself but even the more nl leaning ones can take 6 weeks to show any sign of showing flower with most taking 9 weeks an thats at a 10 on and 14 off light cycle which is abit of a pain in the backside....these look to be in full bloom...they do look beautiful, very statuesque...is that still a few seed plants under the screen or just one now.....all looks very similar....looks like Johny C hit a home run with these....great work chaps...look forwards to seeing these develop further, should be good....

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks Mr Darkstorm. There are two of them in there, both from the same gift of wonderful seed from the windy city of Chicago. T1 is a short little girl who would have liked more time to veg. T2 was bigger from the get-go and is very sativa in height. I pulled her over with the first net and trained the branches with the second. T1 is straight up from the pot, which shows the difference in stretch and height. Both the flower size and the way they are stacking instead of widening are very similar. Same with the color and smell.

I had a nice male that turned out to have a genetic defect, which I didn't know about when he first started making pollen. I think those pods are his children. I will be very careful to isolate any seeds from that branch.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I hope bending over the tall tops so I could lower the light was a good move. I wanted more light to more of the buds. We'll see. Ought to make Mars happy to see their logo back in the pics.

900 umoles avg at the top net, light at full power. There is a bunch of room over the light now. Gotta do what ya gotta do when one plant is 3X the height of the other. That is short T1 sticking straight up at the left rear. All the rest is tall T2.

DSC01922.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am listed as a 'grassyhopper' for a reason. Every day is something new that has to be dealt with. ICMag is the best grow school around, even if it's the only one I do.

But I think I am close to being worthy of trying to pick up the hot kettle of O'Haze and try the rice paper. Next run in that tent. The other tent is broke, and can't get fixed until this run is over.

This run I tried my damndest to get the VPD drier, even if I sacrificed the veg growth. The nitrogen thing iafter flip, and the insidious cal-mag plus, that I have learned here in the last week - is huge. I hope. We'll see.

SKOHLP outside was getting high-nitrogen pond water. It shows, as he is all about growth still, not pollen. I switched him to the filtered tap the indoor plants get with todays watering. The plant is holding up very well to the conditions and such low maintenance. I might have to top the branches now.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should know the OHaze is really not harder or easier than anything else that you’re growing…If you top them at the second or third node do your best to keep them manageable in your environment And sex them when they’re small in cups and outside the tent…You could even keep them in the window sill and then just put them in the black closet at night to trigger sex early (when ready for your tents keep them tucked under that trellis net of yours) and willing to do the 14 to 16 weeks of flowering (which I think you already are doing?)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LOL, let's get these plants jarred first, then my tents fixed.

If this run goes 8 more weeks, that is the end of August. I can have the plants started by then, and in flower when the air is dry in Nov/Dec/Jan. This hot/humid summer is tough to get VPD close.

Your plants look like they weren't pinched. I agree that pinching the sativas is a good tent move. It worked on the Ace stuff. More shorter branches. Make fun of my nets, but in a tent they really help sometimes. I like a net better than tying down a main stem. Just another tool in the cabinet. This run I am hoping for the elusive 'Sea of Sativa'.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
One reason I wanted the light lower, and thus flattened the tippy tops, is to get umoles down to the lower layers, which are delineated by the nets. Light needs to be down in the lower branches where things are happening too. Of course, the plan and goal is a sea of these stacking buds across the top (Tall T2 top)...

DSC01930.JPG

It is starting to smell good in there. Tall T2 easily drinks 3X the water T1 does. She is huge compared to her little sister

DSC01927.JPG Top layer
DSC01928.JPG Middle layer
DSC01929.JPG Lower layer

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Everything in growing is “you gotta do what you gotta do “ in my humble opinion…I hope you get some good flowers from Johnny’s NL should be outrageous
Did you see @JohnnyChicago 's pic of the NL sprout already showing trichomes at the first sign of single leaflets? Insane. I believe he said it came from the Doc Atomic NL. Interestingly, I do not see anymore Doc's for sale even at HD...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Where is that pic of NL at Mr. Flower?

I would like to see some pics of where this plant is going with the buds. The diameter stays the same, but they kinda keep stacking. Each bud gets it's own single leaf now, like branches used to get their own fans.

I look for pics of NL on the web, and the stuff there is all supposed to be a fast indica, which these are not.

LostTribe

Premium user
Where is that pic of NL at Mr. Flower?

I would like to see some pics of where this plant is going with the buds. The diameter stays the same, but they kinda keep stacking. Each bud gets it's own single leaf now, like branches used to get their own fans.

I look for pics of NL on the web, and the stuff there is all supposed to be a fast indica, which these are not.
NL x Ohaze would probably be anywhere from 12-16w. NL about 9w if it was pure NL.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I meant the flowers, which are long, not fat.

JohnnyChicago, do you have pics of how Mom looked when she was done? Was she tall or short? Both the short and tall girl seem to be at the same stage time wise, and still show more time is needed.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Week 9 has come and gone, and they are still chugging long. I am adding epsom salt to the water that goes in the SIP bed. Does anybody have any suggestions on how o get the frost to increase? Light is on 11 hours, a little over 900 moles avg at the tops. Pretty good for only 480 watts.

DSC01941.JPG Oh what a web we weave...

DSC01939.JPG Short T2s top

DSC01938.JPG Tall T1s top

DSC01940.JPG One of the pods on T1

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

I meant the flowers, which are long, not fat.

JohnnyChicago, do you have pics of how Mom looked when she was done? Was she tall or short? Both the short and tall girl seem to be at the same stage time wise, and still show more time is needed.

Hey @flylowgethigh
The mother is a tall incense Haze type. The extreme stretch does come from there.
But the NL does have some sativa in its genes too.
See below the pics.

Large calyxes and leaf structure are looking great if you ask me. And you are doing a great job growing them! For sure the right experience before growing pure Original Haze, like you plan to do.

The Haze mother first.
Buds are generally long, thin and chunky for being so extreme NLD.
(behind on first pic, is a OH90xTHH, that is more calyxed, less hairy andless chunky)
haze19 (3).jpg

haze19aa (2).jpg

A rare NL sativa pheno found while inbreeding.
nl12.jpg
nl12 (2).jpg

Here another NL pheno, that is one of the best plants I ever came across.
(it is not the frosty seedling @LostTribe I did post in the other thread. That is very great pheno too ... )
nl#25.jpg
nl25.jpg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am not seeing the little 'ball' leafs that frost up so well, and the flowers with the calyxes just keep getting longer. 10th week and no sign of letting up, and no hurry to finish them. Today was feeding day. I left out the P and K, and fed them microbes, epsom salts, PureGold molasses smelling 'Supercarb', and a 1/2 tsp of sugar crystals. I am open to ideas and suggestions on making the flowers shine.

DSC01943.JPG

I hope the short plant doesn't try to finish before the tall one, cause I can't get the short one out of the tangled mess very easily by itself. I plan to take this tent down in layers, so the lower tiers have time with more light, after the upper tier has been removed.

Thanks for the opportunity to grow these out Johnny. Gonna be some good dope in jars when this run is done. Too bad I never got a viable male, but I think the freak with the 4 leaf nodes might have some prodegy in there, thus the pods. The bottom branch of the short plant that I sprinkled the ground up OHLP leaf/flower on has rusted leaves for some reason. I haven't seen any bugs, yet.

DSC01942.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I lower the light to 10:45 ON. It has been 10 weeks of flowering, today starts week 11. Maybe they will speed up and make trics.

Top flower from short T1 here. That plant better not try to finish before tall T2, which I suspect it will want to do. My cam isn't capturing the view inside, but the little leafs are frosting up.
DSC01956.JPG

Tall T1 is also frosting inside.
DSC01957.JPG