What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Run #5, Grimm situation in the big tent

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
"Bangi Haze with some goofy new growth"
Bizarre...looks like reveg, how's your timer?
Light cycle has been right on. None of the others are doing this. The tent has been at 12/12 for 6 weeks.

I will have to check to see if the light is acting up and leaving diodes on at night, like the other one did.

brickweeder

Yeah, that looks like something is wrong, especially at week 6 of 12/12. I've had foxtailing late in flower on some ace gear, but it was much denser and still looked like flowers. It maybe something wrong with that particular BH individual, since the others are fine.

That would be wierd if a diode is on during the night cycle when power to the main light fixture is cut off. Overall, outstanding grow!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The other light had the diode issue - the drivers are internal to the light. The fix was to send a relay that the power cable and also control signal passes through. When the control signal is 0 volts, the power is cut off. I never used the diode fix, cause this light has not had the issue. I will look into it tonight.

The soil is recycled with some 'greens' and minerals added between runs, and a few months to cook. I have been cautious not to get too happy with fertilizer on this run. Which elements are too 'hot' and how do I tell?

goingrey

The other light had the diode issue - the drivers are internal to the light. The fix was to send a relay that the power cable and also control signal passes through. When the control signal is 0 volts, the power is cut off. I never used the diode fix, cause this light has not had the issue. I will look into it tonight.

The soil is recycled with some 'greens' and minerals added between runs, and a few months to cook. I have been cautious not to get too happy with fertilizer on this run. Which elements are too 'hot' and how do I tell?

You see it in the tips of the leaves. Pinpointing to exact elements isn't so easy, beyond my skills and knowledge anyway.

But here's a good guide from Jorge Cervantes on the Dutch Passion blog: https://dutch-passion.com/en/blog/a-visual-guide-to-cannabis-deficiencies-n987

According to him seems like the burnt leaf tips would be because of excess P and/or K.

But the revegging Bangi Haze top to me would also suggest excess N. Sure a light leak (or timer/diode issue) could cause that too, but probably wouldn't cause the leaf issues?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Bangi Haze must have some Thai influence...

DSC01784.JPG

1653663013351.png

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Bugs, PM, and who knows what else. Dammit, the forced filtered dry air was supposed to stop this. I have been sick the last couple daze and haven't been into the tent much. I sprayed the plants with 'Green Clean', and we'll see. There are different kind of bugs, but they sure aren't the killer red mites I bought early in the run.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Very nice, have you noticed more frost this time around? :tiphat:
Yup. The trics are not deflated bags this time, probably because I kept the temps down. Smell isn't very strong, but my nose may be broken. I really need the tent empty so SKOHLP can go in there, and I can net the NLH down.

I need to replace the big tent's fabric because the main zipper is ripped completely off. GGT has a warped sense of humor - this is their warrantee repair kit. Replacing that tent fabric means taking both tents down. Then I can clean out behind, where the pests probably live

DSC01809.JPG

Body shop masking tape works about the best.

DSC01810.JPG

Last edited:

Northern Man

Sorry off topic. Not sure of the cause of your zipper failure, but I find, after a bit, the zippers stiffen up and are stubborn to zip, un-zip. A little WD-40 on the stubborn zippers helps free them up and work with ease after.

On topic, looks like a nice harvest coming up!