What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC's Bokeo

Herbert Chickybaby

Took my Bokeo down today, two weeks shy of 6 months germination to harvest. What can I say, was a very rewarding grow, given the chance I would definitely grow this strain again, such a beautiful plant. I would also start germinating much earlier. I got delayed for quite awhile with some health problems and then quite a few rounds of trying to germinate seeds and not suceeding or succeeding and seedlings dying.

I love the flowering structures very lambswooly open clumps of bud. The color of the bud was quite dark green and I felt there was always development day after day, this plant was never boring. perfect height grown in 15 gallon pots about 7 foot+. Some of the lower branches were nearly 3 foot and filled out with bud. The smell today as I harvested was interesting, definitely smelled like a bitter IPA beer, not my favorite type of beer, but not a bad smell. I have a lot of weed that ends up with very sweet smells, so it was really nice to have something different.

I decided today i really should think about harvesting this plant. It got fried last week by 100 degrees+ temperatures, quite a lot of bud leaf turned yellow and brown. Then yesterday we had the first heavy rainstorms of the season. It was quite humid leading into the storm during the heat wave and the powdery mildew problem was really starting to take off and then three heavy rain storms yesterday. I checked in the morning, storm cleared, and was pleasantly surprised the powdery mildew didn't look any worse than before. I checked the trichomes and was surprsied too they were looking good, milky and about 20 percent golden. I thought, I better get out while I can today and take her down around sunset. Unfortunately during the day the powdery mildew really exploded and after spending several hours going through and inspecting, I had to throw out half the harvest and spent a number of hours cleaning up what I had but which was pretty much free of any trace. The only downside is that I still have 3 major plants, other SE Asian Sativas that have at least a month to go, 2 Lao Sa, which are both very different phenos and looking equally promising, and a Lao Highland #4. I so hope the weather improves and these plants will not be challenged the way the Bokeo was during its last few weeks.

These photos are a few hours before harvest and the last one of course is after:

IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0847.jpg
IMG_0848.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

Took my Bokeo down today, two weeks shy of 6 months germination to harvest. What can I say, was a very rewarding grow, given the chance I would definitely grow this strain again, such a beautiful plant. I would also start germinating much earlier. I got delayed for quite awhile with some health problems and then quite a few rounds of trying to germinate seeds and not suceeding or succeeding and seedlings dying.

I love the flowering structures very lambswooly open clumps of bud. The color of the bud was quite dark green and I felt there was always development day after day, this plant was never boring. perfect height grown in 15 gallon pots about 7 foot+. Some of the lower branches were nearly 3 foot and filled out with bud. The smell today as I harvested was interesting, definitely smelled like a bitter IPA beer, not my favorite type of beer, but not a bad smell. I have a lot of weed that ends up with very sweet smells, so it was really nice to have something different.

I decided today i really should think about harvesting this plant. It got fried last week by 100 degrees+ temperatures, quite a lot of bud leaf turned yellow and brown. Then yesterday we had the first heavy rainstorms of the season. It was quite humid leading into the storm during the heat wave and the powdery mildew problem was really starting to take off and then three heavy rain storms yesterday. I checked in the morning, storm cleared, and was pleasantly surprised the powdery mildew didn't look any worse than before. I checked the trichomes and was surprsied too they were looking good, milky and about 20 percent golden. I thought, I better get out while I can today and take her down around sunset. Unfortunately during the day the powdery mildew really exploded and after spending several hours going through and inspecting, I had to throw out half the harvest and spent a number of hours cleaning up what I had but which was pretty much free of any trace. The only downside is that I still have 3 major plants, other SE Asian Sativas that have at least a month to go, 2 Lao Sa, which are both very different phenos and looking equally promising, and a Lao Highland #4. I so hope the weather improves and these plants will not be challenged the way the Bokeo was during its last few weeks.

These photos are a few hours before harvest and the last one of course is after:

View attachment 18979455 View attachment 18979456 View attachment 18979458 View attachment 18979459

Congrats! Sorry about the PM. You would think that those genetics are immune to it after 1,000's of years via the old Darwin Survival of the Fittest thingie. Once temps get high, PM is usually not a problem, text book case. In real time, here in Texas once temps get summer hot PM pressure in my vineyard is not an issue. Sure you don't have some other disease problem like Downy Mildew? I'd go with a systemic copper sulfate spray once in a while and make sure to add a NIS surfactant to the mix. I use Magnabon CS2005, aka copper sulfate pentahydrate. Here in the states where things are a bit more normal LOL we can get stuff like this and no one fukks with us.

Been looking at a lot of Thais lately from seedbanks like Real Seeds and Mandala. And is it true the high of the stuff you're toking is a typical clear very up high with no paranoia?

Good luck!

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

Congrats! Sorry about the PM. You would think that those genetics are immune to it after 1,000's of years via the old Darwin Survival of the Fittest thingie. Once temps get high, PM is usually not a problem, text book case. In real time, here in Texas once temps get summer hot PM pressure in my vineyard is not an issue. Sure you don't have some other disease problem like Downy Mildew? I'd go with a systemic copper sulfate spray once in a while and make sure to add a NIS surfactant to the mix. I use Magnabon CS2005, aka copper sulfate pentahydrate. Here in the states where things are a bit more normal LOL we can get stuff like this and no one fukks with us.

Been looking at a lot of Thais lately from seedbanks like Real Seeds and Mandala. And is it true the high of the stuff you're toking is a typical clear very up high with no paranoia?

Good luck!
I'm not sure, maybe it is downy mildew, I assumed that was the same thing as powdery mildew. Thanks for the heads up and the remedy in Texas. I will look into all of that. The weather is probably fairly similar here to there, but seems Texas is even hotter we don't get hotter than 105 degrees, but the UV is stronger it being further south here, we're same latitude as southern Mexico.

Thanks for the tip on the copper sulfate + surfactant. I want to grow organic, but I also want to grow pot, so maybe pure organic is not going to happen. I seem to be able to salvage enough, but it is kind of sad tossing half your bud. I had to toss all of my Zenith last week.

Though they are expensive, I would also take a peak at Zomia Collective. They are based in Bangkok and sell a lot of different South and Southeast Asian strains. I probably already have my hands full with RSC seeds I bought and then all the seeds I got from my grow, from a Lao Sa and all th einteresting phenos I have gotten, four pretty distinct ones just from Lao Sa. And the Lao Highlander is really looking good, unique from everything else and quite large and productive and really holding up better against the heat and humidity than everything else.

There's a lot of different Thai weeds. We grew a few seedlings out that we picked up at the regular produce market when the laws were suspended. No idea what strain it was but very sativa looking stuff. That one's effect is hard to describe, I'd call it calm but alert but thinking kind of a bit messed up, hard to problem solve when I'm high on it, zero paranoia, really nice smells when harvesting, but just kind of like wood after curing.

Then there's so-called "squirrel tail" (not a strain but a plant shape, they name plants after the shapes, like Erawan which means Vishnu's elephant because its wide and ball shaped, or Tiger Tail which is a really long main cola with the side branches all down at the bottom) that I bought from Nakhon Phanom a famous Thai stick growing area back in the day, that one was straight up psychedelic the first 3-4 times I smoked it, some paranoia around the edge, but I loved the deep psyche submersion and energetic boost, very nice mix if you're drinking some booze too, I didn't find I just got flat out stupid as I do sometimes with weed and booze. Even I am up to my neck in pot I finished the 1/4 ounce I got and want to get more. Then there is the Lao Gold I grew. That one while it has not finished curing is supposedly a "Thai" classic in Bangkok, I think I recall decades ago this old Brit guy pot head English teacher in my crummy apartment building calling it "gold" what he liked to smoke, so that seems accurate, you just buy pot from the motorcycle taxi guys and they were plugged into what people were smoking then. I was not into smoking then so I can't vouch for what it was like. Anyway, that one is till not finished curing yet but its pretty good already, I've smoked it on three different occasions, and at this point in the cure its very straight to the point, very euphoric, wake up and party weed, no deep thoughts or psychedelia, which would suit people here, they really don't go for anything too ponderous, don't like that direction at all most folks. That Lao Gold weed works pretty well as a second round, you can get pretty high again after you com edown off of the first round, I've never experienced that from pot, I have to leave it alone till the next day to get any benefit from it. Zero paranoia off that one too, you are pretty silly level happy with it, I can't imagine being paranoid from it.

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

I'm not sure, maybe it is downy mildew, I assumed that was the same thing as powdery mildew. Thanks for the heads up and the remedy in Texas. I will look into all of that. The weather is probably fairly similar here to there, but seems Texas is even hotter we don't get hotter than 105 degrees, but the UV is stronger it being further south here, we're same latitude as southern Mexico.

Thanks for the tip on the copper sulfate + surfactant. I want to grow organic, but I also want to grow pot, so maybe pure organic is not going to happen. I seem to be able to salvage enough, but it is kind of sad tossing half your bud. I had to toss all of my Zenith last week.

Though they are expensive, I would also take a peak at Zomia Collective. They are based in Bangkok and sell a lot of different South and Southeast Asian strains. I probably already have my hands full with RSC seeds I bought and then all the seeds I got from my grow, from a Lao Sa and all th einteresting phenos I have gotten, four pretty distinct ones just from Lao Sa. And the Lao Highlander is really looking good, unique from everything else and quite large and productive and really holding up better against the heat and humidity than everything else.

There's a lot of different Thai weeds. We grew a few seedlings out that we picked up at the regular produce market when the laws were suspended. No idea what strain it was but very sativa looking stuff. That one's effect is hard to describe, I'd call it calm but alert but thinking kind of a bit messed up, hard to problem solve when I'm high on it, zero paranoia, really nice smells when harvesting, but just kind of like wood after curing.

Then there's so-called "squirrel tail" (not a strain but a plant shape, they name plants after the shapes, like Erawan which means Vishnu's elephant because its wide and ball shaped, or Tiger Tail which is a really long main cola with the side branches all down at the bottom) that I bought from Nakhon Phanom a famous Thai stick growing area back in the day, that one was straight up psychedelic the first 3-4 times I smoked it, some paranoia around the edge, but I loved the deep psyche submersion and energetic boost, very nice mix if you're drinking some booze too, I didn't find I just got flat out stupid as I do sometimes with weed and booze. Even I am up to my neck in pot I finished the 1/4 ounce I got and want to get more. Then there is the Lao Gold I grew. That one while it has not finished curing is supposedly a "Thai" classic in Bangkok, I think I recall decades ago this old Brit guy pot head English teacher in my crummy apartment building calling it "gold" what he liked to smoke, so that seems accurate, you just buy pot from the motorcycle taxi guys and they were plugged into what people were smoking then. I was not into smoking then so I can't vouch for what it was like. Anyway, that one is till not finished curing yet but its pretty good already, I've smoked it on three different occasions, and at this point in the cure its very straight to the point, very euphoric, wake up and party weed, no deep thoughts or psychedelia, which would suit people here, they really don't go for anything too ponderous, don't like that direction at all most folks. That Lao Gold weed works pretty well as a second round, you can get pretty high again after you com edown off of the first round, I've never experienced that from pot, I have to leave it alone till the next day to get any benefit from it. Zero paranoia off that one too, you are pretty silly level happy with it, I can't imagine being paranoid from it.

Wow, very comprehensive post with all your projects. No, you can't go all organic and there's no reason to IF you do your homework and find what chemistries work, why, half life, etc. I'm not going to get stupid at my ripe old age of 74 and use anything or any practice that would jeopardize my health. FWIW Magnabon CS2005 is OMRI certified (not that I care). :) If I was sure you would get the package intact I'd send you some goodies like Osmocote, fungicides, etc. I also use a miticide called Forbid 4F. No, it's not a poison. Miracle product, gets ALL species of mites in ALL phases of development from eggs to adults. Now, my problem is neglect, failing to do what I need to do when it needs to be done. Timing is everything in this biz. Got a lot of projects going on.

This really looks good, thanks for the tip. https://www.zomiacollective.com/lowlands?currency=USD

Texas has a thou micro climes. It has become hotter over the decades but temps where I live rarely get over 100F and what's really nice is a the swing, a drop, in differential, night temps. I might wake up to 70-76F at sunrise in August. RH is very low where I live, like 15-40 degrees around 4:00.

Change gears, am directly under the center of the eclipse path. Will have total darkness of 4:23. Everything is closing down on the 8th - schools, govt. offices, most businesses. We shopped for No Trespassing zones yesterday at Casa dePOT. Counties are declaring themselves "Disaster Zones" due to the huge influx of tourists expected. Wish me luck LOL.

I'll be bagging up a bunch of goodies today that have been under a fan drying, see my link. My backcross of the original C99, indicas, etc.

Have a good one,
UB

Herbert Chickybaby

Wow, very comprehensive post with all your projects. No, you can't go all organic and there's no reason to IF you do your homework and find what chemistries work, why, half life, etc. I'm not going to get stupid at my ripe old age of 74 and use anything or any practice that would jeopardize my health. FWIW Magnabon CS2005 is OMRI certified (not that I care). :) If I was sure you would get the package intact I'd send you some goodies like Osmocote, fungicides, etc. I also use a miticide called Forbid 4F. No, it's not a poison. Miracle product, gets ALL species of mites in ALL phases of development from eggs to adults. Now, my problem is neglect, failing to do what I need to do when it needs to be done. Timing is everything in this biz. Got a lot of projects going on.

This really looks good, thanks for the tip. https://www.zomiacollective.com/lowlands?currency=USD

Texas has a thou micro climes. It has become hotter over the decades but temps where I live rarely get over 100F and what's really nice is a the swing, a drop, in differential, night temps. I might wake up to 70-76F at sunrise in August. RH is very low where I live, like 15-40 degrees around 4:00.

Change gears, am directly under the center of the eclipse path. Will have total darkness of 4:23. Everything is closing down on the 8th - schools, govt. offices, most businesses. We shopped for No Trespassing zones yesterday at Casa dePOT. Counties are declaring themselves "Disaster Zones" due to the huge influx of tourists expected. Wish me luck LOL.

I'll be bagging up a bunch of goodies today that have been under a fan drying, see my link. My backcross of the original C99, indicas, etc.

Have a good one,
UB
If I have problems with my last three plants, yes fungicides may be something to try next year. I'm glad that growing with very open "sativa" type bud structures seems to eliminate the problem of botryitis, knock on wood, that problem alone seems to now eliminate the possibility of growing anything with dense, tightly packed flower.