What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC New Accession Release

pjlive

Listed on Seedfinder as a Jumia, a Sativa type Landrace from the West Napali Highlands. It is not yet listed on either the RSC main or Kwik Seeds sister sites. It seems obvious this is an addition to the most recent Nepali acquisitions.

RSC's plant description is as follows, verbatim from the strain's post on Seedfinder:

Genetics: Multipurpose Himalayan Domesticate (“Landrace”)
Sourcing: The Real Seed Company, West Nepal, Winter 2021
Purpose: Charas (hand-rubbed), seed, fibre
Latitude: 29° N
Harvest: late-September to early November
Height: 2 to 5 metres outdoors
Aroma: Floral, citrus, ‘hashy’
Characteristics: Vigourous, hardy, resinous, long internodes, CBD, warm euphoric high
Grow type: Outdoors, greenhouse

A classic high-mountain strain from the alpine ranges of West Nepal, famed for charas with warmly positive and soaring highs.

Charas from Jumla achieved a legendary reputation during the heyday of the Hippie Trail, gracing the menus of the hashish emporiums of Kathmandu.

In an earlier age, in centres of decadent Indo-Persianate hashish culture such as Lucknow, the finest charas from West Nepal is said to have fetched more than its weight in gold.

Plants and products appear to as yet be pristine, unaffected by modern hybrids, unlike in regions such as Kullu and Parvati.

That is all...

pjlive

Jumla is available on the Kwik site along with several new Himalayan selections. Dakshinkali, Dolpa, Kathmandu Valley, Jumla all sound interesting. Couldn't resist the Dakshinkali because it's described as "Spicy".
Got it. Thanks! I missed it by looking for it separately and not reading over the Himalayan section carefully. 👍

pjlive

FYI I upload those (Jumla and Dolpa) to seedfinder because I purchased them and intend on documenting them when I can. They have been on RSC site for several months already.
Excellent. My guess is that both will be excellent. I'm very curious to know just how "larfy" the flowering is on the Jumia. If you document here I'm sure I'll be watching very closely.

pjlive

FYI I upload those (Jumla and Dolpa) to seedfinder because I purchased them and intend on documenting them when I can. They have been on RSC site for several months already

Add: If you come across this edit @Lebanizer, I was in a big huff to move on the day that I left this response behind. If this is Angus or a RSC Rep. I just want to be sure to thank you again. The information you provided helped me to figure out there's a significant delay between the time a breeder sends info to Seedfinder and the time it's actually posted there. And, of course, when I wrote about my curiosity about the potential for "larfy" buds on the Jumla, I didn't mean that at all in a derogatory way. I'm just curious about that particular plant's buds and how airy they might be given its original domestic location.

Anyway, a long winded blah just to be sure I don't send you any unintentional negativity. I'm a big fan of your work.

Lastly, if this is Angus, I've had your upcoming book on my radar now for a while. It's on my priority reading list. I'm itching for its release!

Be well.

PJ

Lebanizer

Hi @pjlive, so let's get on to business:

1/ I am not Angus
2/ I am not an RSC Rep
3/ I am just a landrace enthusiast with a special proclivity for, you guessed it, Lebanese plants
4/ I guess Angus/RSC have stopped uploading their new releases on seedfinder many years ago. Most of the strains you see on seefdinder are old RSC releases that trace back to the late 2000/early 2010, basically when the company started.
5/ I am responsible for having uploaded the following strains on seedfinder:
Afghaan 90, Dolpa, Jumla, Lao Sa, Rasoli, Sudan, and Ukhrul because I have purchased them or intended to at some point or received them as freebies and thought they were interesting. I am unsure about Sinai. Mind you, I have also uploaded the strain Chapita de Michoacan from Cannabiogen as I had an interest in it but then CBG disappeared before I could buy some seeds. I may have uploaded Michoacan Cream too, I forgot.

As mentionned earlier, I like to document the strains I purchase, especially if it's a not so common one and also I find seedfinder a really cool tool that any Indian hemp enthusiast should participate in, if only for one strain or leaving an opinion on a strain you know.

There, I hope that clears some air and that's all folks.

Last edited:

pjlive

1/ I am not Angus
2/ I am not an RSC Rep
3/ I am just a landrace enthusiast with a special proclivity for, you guessed it, Lebanese plants
4/ I guess Angus/RSC have stopped uploading their new releases on seedfinder many years ago. Most of the strains you see on seefdinder are old RSC releases that trace back to the late 2000/early 2010, basically when the company started.
Afghaan 90, Dolpa, Jumla, Lao Sa, Rasoli, Sudan, and Ukhrul because I have purchased them or intended to at some point or received them as freebies and thought they were interesting. I am unsure about Sinai. Mind you, I have also uploaded the strain Chapita de Michoacan from Cannabiogen as I had an interest in it but then CBG disappeared before I could buy some seeds. I may have uploaded Michoacan Cream too, I forgot.

As mentionned earlier, I like to document the strains I purchase, especially if it's a not so common one and also I find seedfinder a really cool tool that any Indian hemp enthusiast should participate in, if only for one strain or leaving an opinion on a strain you know.

Excellent. Thank you very much!

You've developed quite a collection there.

Not that it matters, but I'm still acclimating to this site learning who's who and what's what. For almost two decades I was a very frequent OP/Config poster to the old Usenet Newsgroups and IRC Channels. I've only for the past few years been looking more seriously at the WWW sites -- something I've ignored entirely in the past.

Anyway, much thanks for the clarification.

GreenAndFast

1/ I am not Angus
2/ I am not an RSC Rep

How did you get on with the Lao sa?

Old Piney

An interesting note located in the TRSC catalog in the description of Kumaoni this year “Note: ‘Kumaoni’ is getting a lot of attention recently, apparently because of some nice reports on social media. But I’d strongly recommend that folks considering this accession instead go with the ‘Dolpa’ or ‘Jumla’, if they want a multipurpose charas type, or the ‘Dakshinkali’, if they want a strain that’s intended for use as bud and has a potent Himalayan high. ** “ I have already grown Kumaoni and produced seeds. I just purchased Dakshinkali hope to grow out soon , but I've got so many on the list. I have Nanda Devi , Sinai , Creatan , Rasoli, Tirah and Afgani mix, all from TRSC .I also have .Siberian but from Khalifa all waiting to grow .I've definitely the bug lol

Movement13

An interesting note located in the TRSC catalog in the description of Kumaoni this year “Note: ‘Kumaoni’ is getting a lot of attention recently, apparently because of some nice reports on social media. But I’d strongly recommend that folks considering this accession instead go with the ‘Dolpa’ or ‘Jumla’, if they want a multipurpose charas type, or the ‘Dakshinkali’, if they want a strain that’s intended for use as bud and has a potent Himalayan high. ** “ I have already grown Kumaoni and produced seeds. I just purchased Dakshinkali hope to grow out soon , but I've got so many on the list. I have Nanda Devi , Sinai , Creatan , Rasoli, Tirah and Afgani mix, all from TRSC .I also have .Siberian but from Khalifa all waiting to grow .I've definitely the bug lol

Me 2 lol I’m growing there Jamaican, dj short basqueberry , johaar and Colombia 90 Michoacan 78 Colombia gold mix as well as cricket and cicadas puck x skunk and respect genetics banana og blue x blue
cheese
So far the Colombian mix looks to be a real keeper should be ready to smoke in a few months 🤓

I’ve grown rasoli, Manipuri and Malawi. They all have a great buzz! ZERO bag appeal and every plant hermied. I grow indoors and I don’t use that as an excuse. Not much bud structure or aromas from the plants per say. Extremely long flowering times..... and where I live that sucks because electricity is very expensive where I live. So if you grow these indoors and electricity is expensive you might as well just look at it as an experiment that’s gonna cost you money. I’m not hating on the strains, just being honest as possible. AGAIN, all three have a nice buzz and all three have very original flavors. Yield can be high but it’ll be riddled with seeeds. Enjoy the experience! All three of these were the biggest plants I’ve ever grown!!!

Old Piney

if you grow these indoors
Fortunately, I only grow outside .I've grown Kumaoni for two seasons now , I like it it vapes up real tasty with a great mellow buzz. I can't see how anyone can grow it inside it's just such a giant, but apparently some people do. Hermaphrodites are much more of an indoor problem, in all the years I've been growing haven't had one. I don't believe any of the Himalayan strains are well-suited for indoor .The kumaoni has crazy stretch it grew to 13’ from the end of may to October

Old Piney

I shudder to think of 20’ tall plants;
You could just start them late but that's no fun lol .last year I started Kumaoni the last week in June , so as not to get to big and they still grew to 9’. I would never have thought that Tirah would reach 15’,that's good to know it's on my list to grow this season along with Rasoli

Lebanizer

I don't believe any of the Himalayan strains are well-suited for indoor
I beg to differ on this one. I've grown the Nanda Devi indoor on several occasions and she takes it quite well. Never had a problem, even using my old 250W HPS (low intensity). You just need to know how to handle her. If height is a problem (and it is certainly for me whether indoor or on balconey) you just need to implement height controlling measures:

Indoor this entails:
  • Don't veg too long (max for 2 weeks after germination).
On balconey:
  • Start late.

In any case:
  • Sexing should take place in small pots and then transplant to bigger pot,
  • Use low nitrogen soil (spent soil from a previous grow is very good),
  • Don't hesitate to top them to death, they have great vigor !
  • Possibly LST for higher yield (the only one measure I have no experience with).
I will try to find some pics from some indoor grow to show you.

PS:
These are them

View media item 18708500
View media item 18708499

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts