What's new

Rosin with hashish

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Put your stuff or a bud in some wax paper and fold it up inside. Get a good quality woman's heating iron and heat it up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and press it inside the wax paper. Scrap it out and put it in your cartridges and you're done. Lot of work compared to just torching it with a glass pipe. Let us know how it turned out.

filpress

Metti la tua roba o un bocciolo in della carta oleata e piegalo all'interno. Prendi un ferro riscaldante da donna di buona qualità e riscaldalo fino a 300 gradi Fahrenheit e premilo all'interno della carta oleata. Scartalo e mettilo nelle tue cartucce e il gioco è fatto. Un sacco di lavoro rispetto al semplice dargli fuoco con una pipa di vetro. Facci sapere come è andata a finire.
Thank you. Today i have bought a press. Arrived in a few day and then i try. I'll let you know

laszlokovacs

Rosin is easy to press from flower... what sort of press did you get? You can build an old school press like creeper park mentioned with a hair iron and jig- just a lot of work and consumer presses have gotten affordable now. btw @Creeperpark good to see you back on the forum hope youre well!

Making cartridges from rosin and no additives means decarbing in a sealed container with sufficient headspace for decarboxylation bubbles. You will have to figure out the tek on your own as it is slightly different for every material but long decarbs at low temps are how to do this. You could theoretically make rosin cartridges from flower rosin if you have a VERY high quality starting material and it presses well. what makes it hard to vape is the level of contamination and lipids, waxes, etc that end up in the material which is more of a problem of when pressing flower. Dont even bother trying without using filter bags either. You will waste a bunch figuring out how to make pods, but if you think its worthwhile go for it

filpress

Rosin is easy to press from flower... what sort of press did you get? You can build an old school press like creeper park mentioned with a hair iron and jig- just a lot of work and consumer presses have gotten affordable now. btw @Creeperpark good to see you back on the forum hope youre well!

Making cartridges from rosin and no additives means decarbing in a sealed container with sufficient headspace for decarboxylation bubbles. You will have to figure out the tek on your own as it is slightly different for every material but long decarbs at low temps are how to do this. You could theoretically make rosin cartridges from flower rosin if you have a VERY high quality starting material and it presses well. what makes it hard to vape is the level of contamination and lipids, waxes, etc that end up in the material which is more of a problem of when pressing flower. Dont even bother trying without using filter bags either. You will waste a bunch figuring out how to make pods, but if you think its worthwhile go for it
I bought a 7t graveda press, and 35u and 75u bags. I start by pressing hashish. I also have a hotplate at home where I would like to decarboxyllate the rosin. Alternatively a friend gave me 1ml of natural terpenes to mix with the rosin. It could go well?

laszlokovacs

I bought a 7t graveda press, and 35u and 75u bags. I start by pressing hashish. I also have a hotplate at home where I would like to decarboxyllate the rosin. Alternatively a friend gave me 1ml of natural terpenes to mix with the rosin. It could go well?
Hell yeah Go for it man. Try to drip collect the rosin directly into a jar when pressing to retain most terps possible.Why not Start heating the rosin at 150F or so for a good few hours or until it stops bubbling from decarb and fill up the pods after this step but only once cooled down. Terps could definitely help viscosity but the goal is to have clean enough rosin to not need it

filpress

Hell yeah Go for it man. Try to drip collect the rosin directly into a jar when pressing to retain most terps possible.Why not Start heating the rosin at 150F or so for a good few hours or until it stops bubbling from decarb and fill up the pods after this step but only once cooled down. Terps could definitely help viscosity but the goal is to have clean enough rosin to not need it
ok yhank you for the advice...very helpful. So i have to open the jar only once it has cooled down? does the pressing time vary according to the type of hash?

laszlokovacs

ok yhank you for the advice...very helpful. So i have to open the jar only once it has cooled down? does the pressing time vary according to the type of hash?
150F is the range I would start at for decarbing inside the jar on the hotplate/in oven/water bath etc... takes awhile, lower temp decarb= less terp degredation and oxidation but much longer time. Yes only open the jar once at room temp once the decarb process has started to prevent vocs from escaping.

Press time is up to you... Personal preference and depends on material, temp, what you want out of the material (i.e. yield vs quality, etc...). Only a couple minutes max on the press. You're going to have to get a feel for it. If you've never pressed before practice a bunch before trying to make cartridges.

filpress

150F is the range I would start at for decarbing inside the jar on the hotplate/in oven/water bath etc... takes awhile, lower temp decarb= less terp degredation and oxidation but much longer time. Yes only open the jar once at room temp once the decarb process has started to prevent vocs from escaping.

Press time is up to you... Personal preference and depends on material, temp, what you want out of the material (i.e. yield vs quality, etc...). Only a couple minutes max on the press. You're going to have to get a feel for it. If you've never pressed before practice a bunch before trying to make cartridges.
Thanks a lot, I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a good day

Latest posts

Latest posts