What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rockwool DTW concerns

Cactuspot

I am trying to get some insight from people experienced with rockwool. I run a drain to waste system and the runoff has been a higher ppm and a lower pH. From my understanding this is from underfeeding because salts build up in the medium and become acidic.

I'm currently feeding 6 times a day and am in week 4 of flower. My shot sizes are 3-4% of the rockwool volume which is 160ml per. I have a 4" on top of a 6" cube with drip irrigation. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like your drip is too slow and the nutrients are building up in the Rockwool. You will burn your plants if you don't flush them out with your reg nutrient feed. If that were me, I would use the same full-strength nutrient mix you feed with and flush the Rockwool one time and then return to the drip. 😎

Cactuspot

I've been feeding with plain water and upped the times. I can't do a full flush because I have around 200 plants there

Latest posts

Latest posts