What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woolybear

Veteran
Hi All,

Here is my first clone run of Rock Star Kush, ready to be cut down at 52 days. 90% cloudy trichs with a funky smell:

picture.php

picture.php

This was a clone mom I flowered out. Head stash refilled!

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey wooly

Perfect timing

Looks amazing!!!!

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks all. The plant told me she was ready, it was easy to tell. Stops drinking water, brown leafs, good to go!

Lots of good buds, little to none popcorn or larf. Was planning on making hash but i think it will all go to the head stash.

Do dry the buds, I'm trying the freeze dryin technique:

Just wanted to thank the OP as well as everyone else on this thread, since thanks to it I have finally found how to get perfect dank buds every time, that remain perfect for the entire year after each harvest. Gone are the days of burping and hay smelling weed. Now my buds are always green and dank, and taste smoother and better than ever.
I followed instructions here and put them into the freezer once the putside is crispy but the sticks still bend. Then keep them in a tray in the freezer at its lowest temperature for about 11 to 15 days and then into large glass jars that remain in the freezer until empty. Buds can be smoked right away out of the freezer, but they are best the next day. Perfect buds every time. No more hay smell, no more endless burping and checking, just set and forget.
I could never go back to traditional curing, hygrometers and all that trouble..

---

Next round will be:
- hang dry for 4 days
- Trim nugs off stems, put in paper bag, freeze for 15 days
- burp in jars for another 5 days.

So my conclusion is: this method works well.
pros:
- The freezer( although not frost free) speeds things up( sublimation).
- Time hang drying is minimized along with time of tell tale smell
- buds come out delicious after shorter amount of time

Latest posts

Latest posts