What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RiZLA's 2K Drip with SR71 cuts

RiZLA

Hello,

Welcome, My name is Riz and I would like to invite you into my garden. :joint:

I started with roughly 30 Purple Kush, 28 Bubble Gum and 20 Shiva Skunk clones from a SR71 affiliate. 4" cubes rooted but a little "beat" when I got the clones. I kept them under 2x 400 w MH and a 400w HPS for 2 weeks, then bumped to 1k mh and 1k hps for bloom. I was feeding them about 850-950ppm @ 5.5.-6.5 ph with Dyna Grow , Dark Energy ,Pro Tekt and B1 for Vegative. Then I bumped them to 12/12 and have been adjusting the nutes. Right now I am @ 20 days bloom feeding at 1000-1100 ppm @ 1.44 ec and 5.0-6.0 ph. Im feeding with Dyna Bloom , Pro Tekt, Carbo load, Dark Energy and B1.Once and a while foliar feeding with Dark energy and B1 with Zero Tolerance @ 700'ish ppm. My set up is a slightly tilted 8x6 table with a gutter over a 80 gal Rez. The water pumps through two hoses along a 1/2" line going around the table with 80 1/4" "drip/feeder" lines. All the leftover water rolls down the table into the gutter making it's way back into the Rez. The 2x 1K lights are about 18 in. over the canopy. I have a 424cfm fan / filter combo for exhaust and odor control. A full intake thru 6" duct with clean air and a portable A/C keeping the room @ 78'F even with the lights ON.

The only things Ive noticed is that they are staying pretty short which Im not sure is good for yield completely?! I am constantly trimming to show the main bud sites and rotating the plants on the table. They are in 1 gal. grow bags using Rockwool. I also squeeze stems to manipulate them to bend to show more "tips" comparable to "topping".

Besides that I had a PH fluctuation problem but I think I have corrected it for now. A leg from the table sits in the rez due to "stoner" design @8am building it. I think the wood was causing the PH to rise 1.0-1.5 every day! SO I wrapped the leg in a trash bag keeping the leg from "weeping" or soaking in the rez and so far so good!

I am hoping for 2-4lbs.Any insight or knowledge is completely appreciated! Much love to sites like this, OG, Etc. and the people that keep them alive! With out you I would still be readin my old HT issues back to back hoping for answers. Keep up the good fight!

I am having ideas about setting up a Veg only area seperate from my Bloom area. I think the size of my cuts when put to 12/12 are affecting my yield so I want to expand and have a perpetual ever flowing garden. I can def use help on that, got any? Feel free to ask any questions, I have pics in my Gallery and will post some to this thread asap!

Thanks,

Riz LA :jump:

RiZLA

Room in Veg

View of exhaust of A/C and filter combo

80 gal rez, 1/6 hp sub pump and 2 garden hoses connected to 1/2" line with 1/4" feeders lines run off it

Day 8 / Veg

Want-to-be Mothers in $7 bag soil that are hating me!
Bubble gum, White Widow, Bubba Kush, Candy shiva, Shiva skunk, Purple
Kush and OG

DAy 12 / Flower

Purple Kush - Day 12 / Flower

Lights off 1 - Day 20 Flower

Lights off 2 - Day 20 / Flower

Last edited:

Cannabean

Hey Riz! Its great to see more rockwool growers on here, its certainly not as popular as dwc or the others, but we're out here! :wave:
I really like the tilted runoff gutter style, very unique.

Sign me up front row for the show. It looks like you have a lot of girls to deal with...but give us more flower pics! some upclose ones with flash yummm :muahaha:
good luck! :joint:

RiZLA

Cannabean,

I've tried several styles of growing and found this a affordable and easy to work with, however, I would love to experiment more with DWC when space permits. The main thing that is killing me is not doing the electrical math on the main box, I find myself tip towing around my breaker flipping.

Chubbynuggs,

I was able to locate almost all,except AK47, from the SR71 summer 08 catalog. I recently was able to get my hands on a couple Deep Chunk x Strawberry Cough, they look NICE!
I set 4 on the table and they are already flowering , plus I kept a mother.
I was trimming the table tonight and the Purple Kush is extremely resinous! Just from clearing some light-hogging leaves I got a little ball of rub to smoke (Score!).

Just as a update (pics coming tomorrow) the Bubble gum is stretching and has the highest leaf to calyx ratio with not too much resin production.The Shiva skunk is not as an aggresive stretcher as the BG, but def has a nice structure forming on the main stalks with decent resin production(decent looking density with that old school NL scent, lovely.) The Purple is a fucking midget wrestler on steroids . Dense, compact, tight, candy coated in resin and has that rich "purple - esk" smell to it even in this stage. The DCxSC are very Indica dominant you can tell just by the intensity of the leaves. They've been in 12/12 for about 7 days and are stretching a little and forming pubes but nothing crazy yet.

Thanks for the interest, Ill be sure to update w/ pics!

Last edited:

RiZLA

New 1K HPS Bulb and a new pic

New 1K HPS Bulb and a new pic

^Pic @ 21 Days / Flower
This is after I cleaned up alot of light blocking foliage. I up'd the ppm to around 1250-1350.

:joint: Hello :joint:

Today , I actually purchased a new 1K Hortilux Super HPS bulb. The 1K MH bulb is brand new too so hopefully this will give some good results. Since I have the table split with MH/HPS I was planning on switching the plants around so they all receive both spectrum's through there flowering. Has anyone tried this like method ? feedback?

Even though I've optimized my conditions, to the best of my ability, Im still only guessing @ a little over 2 lbs on this. I think I may be short changing myself (because I dont really want to think about it/ count eggs before...). But they seem to be short to me. I wish I could Veg 80 cuts till they were a foot tall - solid.But space / wattage doesnt allow me too. We are only @ 24 days of flowering though and I think these could stretch a bit more. Maybe the new bulbs are doing the trick and just setting me up for 1 ft. solid colas across the table?!?! <~~~~~~hopes so!

Last thing, Ima take more cell phone pix tonight when the new bulb comes on. But Im borrowing a legit digicam this week for (hoping) clean trich pics.

Peace,
RiZ LA :jump:

RiZLA

More Pics, but they are fone quality, bleh

More Pics, but they are fone quality, bleh

Bubble Gum , tallest on table

Purple Kush , smallest on table

Whole table w/ new hps bulb

Purple Kush , random

Thanks, any help / comments are appreciated!!!!
:joint:

RiZLA

Update @ 33 days of flowering

Update @ 33 days of flowering

Full table @ 33 days

Full table with a close up of the Shiva Skunk (NL #5 x Skunk #1)

I have slowly up'd to 1300-1400 ppm with 5.5-6 ph. I have only applied a small bottle of Carboload thru the flowering cycle and I would like to add more. I have to top off the 80 gal rez about 1x2 a week,they drink about a 1/3 of that water in about 3-4 days. So far everything has pretty much stopped stretching and is now filling up. With all the bending and squeezing I did I have quite a few tops. Ive made it a point to eliminate the bottom growth that gets the least amount of the light.
The Bubble gum is a great strain for overall pattern of growth so far. Aggresive, tall but not towering, resinous.... The Shiva Skunk has the most mature / formed buds with a pretty decent growth pattern (stretching and filling out). The Purple Kush truly is a resinous, stout and rich bitch. COVERED in sweet smelling trich's, this plant pretty much stayed the same height as when it was forced into flowering. Which in the long run , despite its heavy/dense growth, makes me doubt the overall yield of it. Either way , Im sure it will be enjoyable to smoke! :joint:

Last edited:

greenpenguin

Nice looking grow you got there, I'm definitely pulling up a chair for this one. I noticed you mentioned you had pH fluctuation problem early on, can you describe what happened and how you resolved that?

RiZLA

ph..and such

ph..and such

The ph problem, I believe, rooted from the fact the way the table is designed there ended up being a leg inside the rez. I think from the circulation and the slow disintegration/degradation of the wood it may have caused it to raise. I was using a litre of ph down every 3 days! I eventually tried wrapping the leg multiple times with a thick trashbag and zip tying it. This helping from letting the wood debris circulate into the rez constantly. Honestly, whatever the reason, it worked. My ph is solid now, only fluctuating when I top off the rez with fresh water....

As mentioned before, I wish I would have let them Veg taller before forcing them into 12/12. Either way, Im hoping with 2k and 78 plants to pull 2lbs+, any guesses?

I also am getting another OG cut to mother, and I recently took an asst. of cuts from my mothers - Im hoping for roots in the next couple days.

rooted

nice grow rizla :wave:

those are some nice short stocky babes, looks to be a hell of a round :D

i don't know how bubblegum stacks up against nirvana bubblicious, but i got a great yielding pheno thats really sugary out of one pack. i think it would put out 1.5# per light

i think you'll hit 2# easy bro :yes:

:joint:

RiZLA

Update w/ pics

Update w/ pics

Click image for description......So far @ 49 days flower, looking to go a full 70 days. Any guesses on yield?

RiZLA

Finished with a total of 20 oz. and 3/4 oz.....dissappointing, but Im pretty sure I would need to veg to atleast 12" before flowering to get the results I want.

RiZLA

eh!

eh!

Now I m looking to get new strains and go full HPS , instead of the MH / HPS, hopefully taller buds. The oaksterdam strains are nice, but I still feel you have to weed though them to find the heavy hitter. I want to get some OG or really nice Bubba for the next one hopefully...........

Latest posts

Latest posts