What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ripped Off At A Dispensary

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Let me preface this by saying that I used to absolutely love this place when I first started going there in 2012. I still like it because of the variety of strains, but quality has declined slightly. I really wanted to mention the name of the dispensary just so people know that they do this, but I will refrain.

Got some Purple God Bud and Ft. Collins Cough. Never really watched the budtender lady weight it because it should weigh out, right.

Later that night, it's time to smoke down and listen to some tunes and relax. Get the bags out and open up for a smell of incredible dankness, it's awesome. It all looks good.

I only see 2 nugs in the Purple God Bud, but one is big. Think, maybe it's just super dense weed and it'll weight out. Look at the Ft. Collins Cough and notice it's like 4 small to medium sized buds...hmmm, I should weigh this stuff.

Both bags weighed out to 2.25 grams each...4.50 grams for 80 bucks, no thanks man, I'll just smoke my homegrown from now on.

:moon:

Green Squall

Sounds like they got a bad apple on their staff. Do any of the employees know you since you've been going there since 2012? They might take the word of a long time customer over a new bud tender. Calmly and politely let them know whats going on.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Yup, there's like 3 employees that know me pretty well. I've only had like a handful of encounters with this one lady who shorted me.

It's kind of weird when she's my bud tender. I always notice it's not really busy when she's there, she's the only one out behind the counter, and she always rushes me along.

With other people I've always had a nice banter with them about strains, growing methods, news, etc..even if it's just a short 3 minute encounter, they always chat me up, but this girl is kind of different.

I'm really glad I had a decent harvest this fall though, so I don't have to go there all that much.

That sucks bro. Seems like maybe she kept the other 1.25 out of each for herself.

To me it should weigh exactly if not over especially coming from a dispo, it's not like this was some shady street deal and you didn't have time to weigh it out.

St. Phatty

That happened to me once at a dispensary in Sonoma with some Orange Crush.

Primo herb in the display case. Ordered the medicine with the same name, what I got was a candidate for the compost or food scrap bucket.

I think generally, I like to see the bud I buy before they bag it.

One way to cure the 'Bait & Switch' blues.

Some dispensaries will do let you see it before you buy it, others won't.

I'm not sure what do do about Short Weight, except to bring your own scale AND a bag to 'Tare' it with.

Maybe if you bring in a scale and the empty bag, and insist on measuring it next time ... they'll 'kinda' get the message ?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bud tenders have to go through a licensure process if I recall. Maybe a report to licensing bureau if you don't resolve with management?

Bad news when one is not ethical.

Lesson learned....ask to weigh twice showing scale number and receive only the buds that were weighed in front of you.

Agree, GYO solves the problem, right mdgg4?!

Recall buying bud from Marisol Therapeutics in Pueblo West when I lived there. It was during the height of flu season. I cringed seeing bud tendress use glove to extract (instead of tongs) bud from jar to set on scales. Then then sneezed using her gloved hand, put the bud in the Rx bottle, using SAME gloved hand to take my $20 and change, digging in the cash drawer to retract change and gave back change, never changing her glove!

Then I stepped back to watch the next customer....same glove, same routine. Grossed me out! Talk about cross contamination and who knows what germs were on money or the gloved hand putting back buds into jar. That was my ONLY purchase in Pueblo....never again!

Tried Maggie's and ok experience.....but I'll just stick to my own jars, handling them hygienically, thank you very much!