What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rgs beans outdoor mold resistant?

I want to add some rgs beans to my outdoor garden this year.
They will be exposed to the elements and in a humid, wet cold climate. (lat 51)
Therefore I am trying to find out which (feminized) rgs beans are most likely to be mold resistant.
If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!
peace

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate what latitude are you growing in , doesn’t sound promising when you say high humidity, lots rain wet an cold .. do you not get a summer at all , maybe autos are an option?

Koondense

Veteran
Yep,

say some more about the growing season(may to september i guess?) and temperature fluctuations(low, high) would be helpful.

Probably autoflowers would be the best option for you.

Cheers

D

DNM1

Untested ground/soil?, humidity,cold,wind chill factor,etc
Autos
Plant just the one to see how it does in the garden, and,the rest in pots in case of a typhoon, hale storm
:)

THC123

Veteran
I am also on 51 lat and have had non stop pouring rains this season.

Guerilla gold 3 was a solid performer this year. I bought these years ago but the ones from RGS should be similar. They are not fem but better than auto flowers IMO.

grandsrin

Hi
This is m'y liste.
Durban poison from dutch passion.
And canadian seeds, Beanhoarder( freezeland cross and timewarp)and Richard William seeds.
Guérilla gold IS gold toi.
I m at 49.7 North coastal weather.

By

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I grew some DFG, SOD, and a few more in a absolute rain everyday, no sun hardly. Those DFG, and even the SOD, Kore, did real well in horrible conditions.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I want to add some rgs beans to my outdoor garden this year.
They will be exposed to the elements and in a humid, wet cold climate. (lat 51)
Therefore I am trying to find out which (feminized) rgs beans are most likely to be mold resistant.
If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!
peace

You could put any strain I named especially the DFG and SOD probably a few more out in late May in 5gal buckets and your gold. Those DFG finished around Sept in lat 47ish. Worst summer I've seem around here in my 40+ yrs and the plants got drowned out and my cover fell on them and everything. It's a miracle I didn't kill them with that tarp trying to keep them from getting so wet when they was young. It was a late start also. I'm pretty sure mid June when I got them. But I got some decent 4oz plants around abouts.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I forgot.
Serions seeds
Biddy early.

Just finished a few Serious 6, there crazy fast growing and finishing once they kick into flowering. I had 2, one had the neon pink hairs. It's kinda like DFG, its not super potent, but it's easy to grow and yields great.