What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revolution Micro's Claims Their Latest Avici Programmable LED Lighting System Can Actually Add An Extra Harvest Per Year!

FranJan

Well that's their claim and there's a working system at GreenCare Collectives 100,000 sq. foot facility. 2400 LED panels total pumping out 60-80 pounds of goodness a day. Of course it's not just the lights that drive the system, the whole environment is what does it but the folks at GCC are really depending on this lighting to keep this monster perpetual grow going.
1679786365435.png

1679785746060.png

Here's some info and press releases about the lighting system and LEDs used:

ATM I think they only make 240v+ powered systems but for a 4x4 and such they make models like the 150,000 hours rated waterproof Avici V4:
1679785969877.png

Attachments

• 1679784961743.png
    1679784961743.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 1679784961743.png
    1679784961743.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Wow that is cool, and very interesting. I love red band grow lights much better than white ones. I know these will outperform the white ones. You got me slobbering over these now. Thank you for sharing this thread, its very helpful.

420empire

Veteran
Auch!! Thanks for posting this Franjan! That looks Really decent! And the ability to switch the modes and target the plant with different spectrum is so sweet. 😉 For long I think this has missed from leds. They are of course plenty of lights that can go fro. Veg to bloom, but this is über cool. wonder if they do sell to private?

FranJan

Wonder what kind of spectrum adjustments they are doing to speed up flowering. If that is what they are doing.
I think it's the transition of spectrum that speeds up the process but boosting red seems to help. The light comes with these 4 presets.
1679829904868.png

Auch!! Thanks for posting this Franjan! That looks Really decent! And the ability to switch the modes and target the plant with different spectrum is so sweet. 😉 For long I think this has missed from leds. They are of course plenty of lights that can go fro. Veg to bloom, but this is über cool. wonder if they do sell to private?
You can probably reach out to them to find out if they sell to the wee folk :) but there are a few other companies making adjustable spectrum lighting. Koray makes a 4 channel one that looks pretty sweet.
1679830297942.png

ThinkGrow's Model H:
1679831094962.png

Or if you really want to piss away some money IHS makes the 6 channel Phytofy RL
1679831287522.png

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Contacted em all, no answer.. has been 9 days now. So for the the micro herd this is Maybe not too easy to roll with.
Anyway migro still exsist😉

led05

Chasing The Present
Well that's their claim and there's a working system at GreenCare Collectives 100,000 sq. foot facility. 2400 LED panels total pumping out 60-80 pounds of goodness a day. Of course it's not just the lights that drive the system, the whole environment is what does it but the folks at GCC are really depending on this lighting to keep this monster perpetual grow going.
View attachment 18823385
View attachment 18823383

Here's some info and press releases about the lighting system and LEDs used:

ATM I think they only make 240v+ powered systems but for a 4x4 and such they make models like the 150,000 hours rated waterproof Avici V4:
View attachment 18823384
70lbs a day - mid point * 365

25,550 lbs a year from 100K SF….hmmm

Is “speeding” things up; truly all it’s cracked up to be - or just best for the bottom line…. :unsure:

growshopfrank

Veteran
Ya gotta feel for the investors of GCC they are in for a ride...
Perpetual grows on a commercial scale, Jack be nimble.

FranJan

70lbs a day - mid point * 365

25,550 lbs a year from 100K SF….hmmm

Is “speeding” things up; truly all it’s cracked up to be - or just best for the bottom line…. :unsure:
They're commercial growers so it's bottom line that counts to them. I just bought some dispensary weed. It was suppossed to be Blue Cheese. More like Blue Ashtray.

I'm interested in smaller growers/dispensaries adopting this style/technique. Then we'll know if this is worthy.

The one funny thing is on GCC's webpage when they show a pic of a guy trimming bud. @ 70 pounds a day how many trimmers do you need to hand trim all that weed? I lose it after 2 ounces.

driver77

Adjustable spectrum LEDs are starting to pop up more and more. Some just a veg and flower option but others with much more adjustability. I just picked up a UA5000 on sale and it allows for preset HPS, CMH, MH, SUN spectrums and also the option to fine tune red and blue levels for a custom spectrum. Got some plants under it now that seem to be loving it.

goingrey

Adjustable spectrum LEDs are starting to pop up more and more. Some just a veg and flower option but others with much more adjustability. I just picked up a UA5000 on sale and it allows for preset HPS, CMH, MH, SUN spectrums and also the option to fine tune red and blue levels for a custom spectrum. Got some plants under it now that seem to be loving it.
How do the spectrum adjustments change the power consumption, and light output, do you know?

Ca++

Seem to be making the claims we all want to believe, but are shown not to be so. I also note they use less light in flower than grow. While claiming a lofty 2.1 umol/w.

They can keep their box lighting. If only they had produced a lid for them, that looks like an air cooled barn shade. They would of had a niche product people could really make use of.

driver77

How do the spectrum adjustments change the power consumption, and light output, do you know?
Curiosity got the best of me....HPS 490w, CMH 531w, MH 522w, SUN 506w. There is a way to fine tune reds and blues but it seems to stay in the 490w to 533w range. PAR changes with spectrum and wattage. I used a point of reference close to top of plants, and it went from a high of 780 with CMH spectrum to a low of 700 with the HPS spectrum.

exoticrobotic

Good they are making them programmable so people can choose different spectrums.

spectrum makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

goingrey

Curiosity got the best of me....HPS 490w, CMH 531w, MH 522w, SUN 506w. There is a way to fine tune reds and blues but it seems to stay in the 490w to 533w range. PAR changes with spectrum and wattage. I used a point of reference close to top of plants, and it went from a high of 780 with CMH spectrum to a low of 700 with the HPS spectrum.
All surprisingly close to each other. I was expecting it to work based on a bunch of blue (HPS) or red (MH) diodes being off but maybe it is something smarter than that.