What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

GreenAndFast

My mistake it was 2020 hehe. But here it is before I flipped it to flower in a 1x1x2m tent haha
Screenshot_20221002-044118.png

kaboom777

Veteran
I have grown the mango Thai, Highland Lao and have some Highland Thai that is still at seedling stage. The mango Thai was wild from seed but I kept the plant as a mother and cut clones off all the time. This is them from clone....
View attachment 18764021 View attachment 18764023 View attachment 18764024 View attachment 18764022
Alot more manageable and probably the best way to grow these wild octopus phenos. But I love them when they are out of control haha
the plant is really beautiful, you really make me lean towards the Thai mango.
I have some experience with "sativas", the kali mist is a bit wild, if I don't have it in a small pot the first 3 weeks it goes through the roof, some ace, i have a chocolate Thai 14 weeks, but there are more Tamed and a little easier to find a keeper, with my lack of knowledge about Asian varieties I am afraid to end up with something that is 20+ weeks and hay. I've been looking at forums for weeks, the best thing I've seen is your mango and a lao thai here too. 👍🏼

kaboom777

Veteran

kaboom777

Veteran
Thanks man. It's quite a commitment growing these types of plant, but so rewarding after you smoke them. It's like a rocketship, definitely an early morning smoke haha
yes, they are an adventure, the truth is that I love to explore exotic things, but I do like to have a minimum of information about more or less what I can find. But with Asian genetics im very ignorance and so many offers today, i end up confused.

today i email to the guys at zomia and they recommend a Daidaeng red string or the squirrel tail... Copy paste the email.

"Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest you try one of our Landrace inbred lines which are more 'worked' compared to the open pollinated landrace. The 'Daidaeng' in English: 'Red String' is a worked line of landrace that was used to make famous red string Thai sticks in Isan back in the old days. It's shorter in flowering and grows very vigorously and fast. Perfect for you. Otherwise something like Squirrel Tail or Thai Mango will be manageable with light stress training, small pots and a bit of skill!"

GreenAndFast

yes, they are an adventure, the truth is that I love to explore exotic things, but I do like to have a minimum of information about more or less what I can find. But with Asian genetics im very ignorance and so many offers today, i end up confused.

today i email to the guys at zomia and they recommend a Daidaeng red string or the squirrel tail... Copy paste the email.

"Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest you try one of our Landrace inbred lines which are more 'worked' compared to the open pollinated landrace. The 'Daidaeng' in English: 'Red String' is a worked line of landrace that was used to make famous red string Thai sticks in Isan back in the old days. It's shorter in flowering and grows very vigorously and fast. Perfect for you. Otherwise something like Squirrel Tail or Thai Mango will be manageable with light stress training, small pots and a bit of skill!"
That squirrel has been on my list for a while but even at £7.50 per seed I can't justify it when I've gotta couple hundred seeds of sativa genetics. Always get something interesting pop up I find. My favourite plant looks wise is a complete unknown but definitely south east Asian.

kaboom777

Veteran
That squirrel has been on my list for a while but even at £7.50 per seed I can't justify it when I've gotta couple hundred seeds of sativa genetics. Always get something interesting pop up I find. My favourite plant looks wise is a complete unknown but definitely south east Asian.
I just talking to him in email, Hi gives 30% discount. First time talking to him, he is Very cool, helpful and fast in the email.

kaboom777

Veteran
The same thing happened to me, I haven't bought a single seed for 3 years, I had so many and they were losing vigor and it was a pity, I gave a lot to Friends, I plant just to plant the rest and now I want to start little by little, I a pack buy and plant😁

therevverend

Veteran
The 'Nirang selection 2 asphalt smelling hashplant' from Trident Seeds and Indian Landrace Exchange. From the small village of Nirang across the river from Malana. She's a beast.

View media item 18704959
View media item 18704960
The smell is coming on strong. It's not asphalt, at least not in the way an Indica can have an asphalt smell. It's the sativa version of skunky, a ranky smell with effervescent sweet and fruity undertones. Very complex and refined compared to the other hand rubbed hashplants I've tried from further down the valley, for instance from Kuamoni that tend to be more 'one note'. Very resinous for a plant with small hairball type colas, even the branches have a coating.

GreenAndFast

The same thing happened to me, I haven't bought a single seed for 3 years, I had so many and they were losing vigor and it was a pity, I gave a lot to Friends, I plant just to plant the rest and now I want to start little by little, I a pack buy and plant😁
I must have about 60 plants in various stages of growth at the moment. And I'm popping more every week haha. Grow a load of these out unseeded this year then next year I will do a pollination with a nice tropical boogie male I have. And an acid beauty male will get used. Currently have growing - Highland Lao, Highland Thai, Panama haze, acid beauty, double zamal, old mango (oth x mango Thai), old mango crosses with Zamdelica on its own and old mango x (Zamdelica x Congo), acid beauty X mango Thai, Malawi, tropical boogie male, mango Thai from cut and a few others that I'm not sure of lineage but they are all my own crosses so heavily sativa anyway so I'm a happy man. And a few northern lights, but you did not hear me say that one ok? 🤣🤣

IndicaFarmer

I must have about 60 plants in various stages of growth at the moment. And I'm popping more every week haha. Grow a load of these out unseeded this year then next year I will do a pollination with a nice tropical boogie male I have. And an acid beauty male will get used. Currently have growing - Highland Lao, Highland Thai, Panama haze, acid beauty, double zamal, old mango (oth x mango Thai), old mango crosses with Zamdelica on its own and old mango x (Zamdelica x Congo), acid beauty X mango Thai, Malawi, tropical boogie male, mango Thai from cut and a few others that I'm not sure of lineage but they are all my own crosses so heavily sativa anyway so I'm a happy man. And a few northern lights, but you did not hear me say that one ok? 🤣🤣
damn, jealous. I'd love to trade for some congo or zamal!

Piff_cat

Winner…. !

When I make seeds remind me of this post and you are welcome to some if you’d like…

I’ve seen things close to it (Rare) but nothing that extreme… I thought at first it was a pepper seedling (I grow hundreds plants of them too every year)…. But nope…

That too is from a very rare & pure Gambian Line, I pop thousands & thousands & thousands seeds each year… Rare my eyebrows as perked as they are now over that seedling…

IME - Serrationless = Waxy = Yellow petiole where meeting leaf = Caked in Trichomes = powerhouse plants…. Like the plant was dipped in THC etc candle wax…

Good eyes bro !
Glad someone else thinks this too.... I had a thread at mns about long flowering haze c progeny without serrations. The waxy leaf and rubber band like yellow petiole are def a result of high lignin content. Usually due to high humidity and fungi protection but many reasons

led05

Chasing The Present
Glad someone else thinks this too.... I had a thread at mns about long flowering haze c progeny without serrations. The waxy leaf and rubber band like yellow petiole are def a result of high lignin content. Usually due to high humidity and fungi protection but many reasons
I popped @ 100 more pure Gambians, 7 - 8 or so more serrationless came up, curious to see how they all develop, very early on - it would be awesome if some are decent and are potent & I can create something for those in countries where the laws are still draconian…. These plants are gonna look weird when they get bigger for sure

Latest posts

Latest posts