What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah it is 16 years since I first lurked at icmag. and I watched ultimate sativa thread with huge interest, I was always interested in these magic tropical genetics... many great plant and great growers personalities I saw and some of them inspired me and that´s why I wanted to thank to icmag and all icmaggers, especially to sativa lovers. so I donated some seeds to fundraiser.

now few words about those seeds. I was interested in many sativa lines, one of them was black vietnamese. and I was lucky to meet member @Huesos who shared with me his work with black vietnamese, he crossed the best individual of black vietnamese coming from collective vibes and hit it with lieu hahn, which is nevilles haze x black vietnamese done by spice brothers... strong and scary stuff they say... I found great individuals in those seeds. so muchas gracias amigo.

I saw many black vietnamese hybrids through years, which were popular, like willie nelson from reeferman, or VB x hmong thai from ACE, or their orient express. snowhigh used it in some hybrids, coastal seeds too. so reputable breeders used it, and it was success.

I presuppose as sativa lover, that there are also sativa lovers who are interested in black vietnamese hybrids. I selected male, which was strictly green and was silver and was classic green south asian dominant. and I hit some elite haze cuts, mainly I want those with south asian genetics like laos/mango haze or citric thai pheno of toms haze, but in that time I got elite cuts from southern Holland, I crossed it with bandaid haze too, but mainly with legendary vintage neville´s haze cut, which comes from 80s and I got it from member @Yo Sammy , look like that cut looks at his garden:

full

in my opinion it is punto rojo dominant, antisocial, trippy and dry laughter smoke...

so those are seeds, I donated, nevilles haze x VB/LH, it is jungle weed.. when you get it, you support icmag and thus all of us in fact.

therevverend

Veteran
I saw many black vietnamese hybrids through years, which were popular, like willie nelson from reeferman, or VB x hmong thai from ACE, or their orient express. snowhigh used it in some hybrids, coastal seeds too. so reputable breeders used it, and it was success.

Ace's Vietnamese Black x Thai was probably the best sativa I've grown. It managed to finish in my northern temperate climate with a wonderful smell, good potency and nice effects. Wish I had been able to successfully seed it.

I've been growing Himalyan hand rubbed hashplants this year. From Nirang village across the river from Malana, where the villagers grow the good stuff. A variety called Kali Ram that turns dark purple or black at harvest, and an asphalt smelling selection. Here's a look at the Kali Rams. The tallest is over 12 feet, the other ones are smaller because they were allowed to get rootbound. One is already flowering but most of them seem to be close to flowering.

View media item 18703533
View media item 18703530
View media item 18703529
View media item 18703528
View media item 18703525
And the Nirang Asphalt. The big one is around 14 feet, the tallest Kali Ram would be just as tall except the top got bent. It's filled in quite nicely, these things get huge if they get fed. You can see the difference in size, stuck in the ground early with plenty of nutrients I could see them reaching 20 feet at least. My worry about the large ones is that they aren't showing signs of flowering yet. My days are much longer then the day length in northern India. They may not trigger to flower until late September. They're said to have excellent mold resistance, I might get to test it.

View media item 18703532
View media item 18703531
View media item 18703524

Sub24ox7

@bigherb started from seed February 1st kept in 1gallon air pots then 2gallon airpots and flower 11/13 I believe on April 7th. They had too much food on up pot to 7 gallon pots so they are re flowering. These are seed plants, I have cuts and will see how long from them. Lol a long time hehe..
Scents are incense, metal, a little mint in one. Very nice smells!!

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Ace's Vietnamese Black x Thai was probably the best sativa I've grown. It managed to finish in my northern temperate climate with a wonderful smell, good potency and nice effects. Wish I had been able to successfully seed it.
yeah you are not only one who liked that cross. black vietnamese has many special aspects and underlying potential. it contains real deal vietnamese from 1977...

black vietnamese
full

not much color in my cross, as I used classic south asian green/silver pheno. silver vietnamese more than black vietnamese in fact.... male give classic sour green mango smell with some ammonia to it...

vintage NH in my garden

full

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Golli Thai x Original Haze 90's

what a beauty @ 17 weeks going strong with clear trichs, 3 more to go. Sweet and sour, lime, pine and incense smell, seems like some spicy aromas are starting to come out. She is the type of plant that really needs those last few weeks of flower to mature properly - to develop the complete spectrum of terpenes and resin.
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
First MK
Great looking flowers there! And if may? I vote don't top. Unless your looking to really fill a room. I kept my Fed HA ladies short by restricting pot size to 1 gallon and grew 11.5 hours of light from seed.
These plants are about 16 inches tall, at 10 weeks? and very solid. View attachment 18744927
thanks VM! and those looks very nice, but how to take cut, if it doesn't branch? only way is to top it? no?

Latest posts

Latest posts