What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Limeygreen

Veteran
The roberts creek congo tends to be dominant in the crosses so the bud structure, resin are for sure congo dominant in that cross, the smells and high type should be a mix with personality added from the punto rojo, although I would think they lean more towards the punto rojo in effects.

Robert's creek congo gives big fat colas, grown well, it will have lots of the foxtails densely packed together with great resin that washes or dry sifts well imo. The smells I was told on the cross were like punto rojo with congo added in, congo typiclaly has a lemon boot polish type funk, with some onion or bo to me. Punto rojo depends on the pheno but have a similar scent to a good tom hill haze and flavour just less intense, spice, sweet bit sour (not talking about acid phenos of tom hill haze but just a solid pheno) and haze.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
@GreenAndFast pretty plants!
Acid beauty is really.....beauty!How is the perfume?

I'm sorry for the mold, I usually select hermie-free and mold resistant plants, but unfortunately it's in grandpa destroyer genetics, believe me or not but any strain containing destroyer (and destroyer himself) gave me some specimens with mold ....
I'm curious about the aromas...
Beauty grow ;)

GreenAndFast

@GreenAndFast pretty plants!
Acid beauty is really.....beauty!How is the perfume?

I'm sorry for the mold, I usually select hermie-free and mold resistant plants, but unfortunately it's in grandpa destroyer genetics, believe me or not but any strain containing destroyer (and destroyer himself) gave me some specimens with mold ....
I'm curious about the aromas...
Beauty grow ;)
Acid beauty has a really floral smell but with almost a meaty tone underneath. Delicious smelling.
No worries man, the room i moved my tent to is not the best place tbh seems very high humidity. The other plant looks a champ. There's definitely a good amount of citrus smells can't put my finger on it. Super terpy and can't wait to vape it 😁

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nice LimeyGreen... Yeah i looked at your album before bed last night and seen the congo...Definitely a chunky vigorous girl... I can see what you mean... Looks like the Congo added a good bit of bulk to PuntoRojo which im sure has a bunch of low yielding foxtail style phenos.. Definitely one of the most interesting crosses Ive seen in a while.. Would love to sift through a population of those. I dont want to ask anyone for the RC Congo cut, and dont really want to risk bringing a outside clone into my space... but I think PuntoRojo x RC Congo would be the perfect way to try both Punto Rojo and Congo... 2 birds 1 stoner.... Definitely something that needs to be preserved and secured for future generations.

Sub24ox7

I already completely (seeded) hit two females a sweet smelling and darker spicier smelling one with the two males I had and the pollen was also lovely smelling(I froze a bunch) will pop more and keep more pollen.
There is always more vigor in f-1 from my experience and I think the f-1 of this cross is where it’s at. Best looking growing smelling I have grown really. It’s a winner winner chicken dinner✌️

Limeygreen

Veteran
Not so bad on the punto rojo, she has a decent bulk but indoors I don't think without training and some good veg time could you get a massive yield, but I grow her for effect not yield, this male is a stud though and more of the gold pheno type than the red point or juicy lucy style.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, I just look at yield as a way to judge vigor.. or potential.... Effect is the only thing that matters....
If I had 2 plants with the exact same smell... One yields 100 grams.... the other yields 300 grams... If the one with 100 grams smells stronger at all, Im gonna keep it first...
Terpene vigor, or potency hormones/vigor is definitely more important to me than yield hormones. Thats the problem with many many strains, and selections people have made in the past..... People will choose a meaty fat heavy plant because they perceive budsize as health.. Then you end up with a big pile of dud-bud that you have to smoke 4x as much to get the same high.
. Id say yield hormones and environmental adaptation a easier thing to find in a plant than a plant that can produce a more potent trichome.

funkyhorse

Serendipity grows
Smoh july pheno x Ukhrul
Ukhrul gives all the purple and the smells are Ukhrul too, buds are different than both parents
Great landrace resistance, over 3 meters plant.
Smoh x Ukhrul (1).jpeg
Smoh x Ukhrul (2).jpeg
Smoh x Ukhrul (3).jpeg
Smoh x Ukhrul (6).jpeg
Smoh x Ukhrul (10).jpeg

Enjoy your weekend

harvestreaper

Veteran
Serendipity grows
Smoh july pheno x Ukhrul
Ukhrul gives all the purple and the smells are Ukhrul too, buds are different than both parents
Great landrace resistance, over 3 meters plant.
View attachment 18729324 View attachment 18729325 View attachment 18729326 View attachment 18729328 View attachment 18729329
Enjoy your weekend
good stufff uhkrul is tuff as old boots ive taken liberties with lots of em an never a hermi ,,crosses well to ,, only had one outstanding one in potency tho

unnamedmike

too bad to hear.

anybody else has this experience with destroyer?
From the 4 packages Ive grown, not one plant showed mold. And from the last two packages I have made F2 seeds, many crosses... and no one of the people who are planting them, have seen anything strange. I live in the Mexican Caribbean, near the sea, with rain and heat. I also grew it in Valencia, Spain (coastal city) without mold problems, pure destroyer and hybridized with Taskenti, gift from kaiki, same mold-free results. I imagine that it will be something very dependent on each destroyer individual used for the cross

Last edited: