What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reversing Branches?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So, @Douglas.Curtis , have you found that optimum copper content prevents hermies?
Interesting question... ;)

I have no personal information regarding optimal copper levels and genetic hermies.

I have found studies proving the need for copper present during the production of ethylene within the plant. Without copper there is no ethylene production, and without ethylene a female plant naturally develops male flowers. Yes, that will mean feminized pollen.

I would not be surprised to find genetic links dealing with the absorption, transport and usage of copper being 'hermi' related genetic issues.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
About this: Do you think spraying ethylene over the plants can prevent the formation of small herma-seeds in buds?
Ethephon is commonly used on several crops and fruit for ethylene. It's been documented you can use it to cause a male plant to develop female flowers, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on cannabis to keep flowers female. The plant converts it directly to ethylene once absorbed.

WingzHauser

Screenshot_20230821-100928_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts