What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revegging seeded plants

greencalyx

Premium user
So I am doing a seed run, and there are a couple of individuals I really like. I took clones of everyone, but my ac went out and a bunch didn't make it. Including the ones I like...

It's 4-5 weeks in flower (for an "8week" strain) and I was just wondering if I could get mature seeds and still reveg.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

I've done that a few times, never ran into any real issues, but one time I got a batch of sees that were kinda stubborn to crack, not sure if that was an issue with the mother or with the way it was grown out or with the revegging. You can start revegging pretty much as soon as the mothers are pollinated and still get seeds

greencalyx

Premium user
Good to hear. That's one of the things I was wondering, if seeds would continue to mature under veg light cycles.

St. Phatty

It depends so much on the plant.

I got a plant outdoors too late for a spring flowering, and now she's 4 feet tall, very green, with plenty of Pistils, and MIGHT have some seeds.

I just put her next to a Male that was spewing pollen.

We will see what happens.

greencalyx

Premium user
Ok, so I did something a lil different. I wasn't really interested in the bud because it was fully seeded and looked like all the trichs would be amber by the time the seeds matured. So my main goals were to maximize my viable seeds and also maximize the probability of successful reveg. At least in my mind, this meant leaving as much vegetation on the plant, and also flipping to 20-4 a bit earlier.

So I ended up doing the opposite of most and just took a small test bud from each plant, then flipped the lights to reveg the whole plant.

About 3 weeks later and I'm starting to see new growth coming out of the main colas... but there is also alot of new pistils that appeared with the new growth. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20230715_143534.jpg
    20230715_143534.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Yeah, thats normal, it will continue to shoot pistils until the growth pattern uncoils all the way out of flowering and the internodal spacing gets back to veg length. Usually takes a while, like 6-8 weeks or so. Do you have long branches growing out of the flowers yet?

Boob McNoob

I've finally grown comfortable enough with the cloning process to reveg a flowering plant to act as a mother (the hope being that all clones would be female) and now have my first wave in flower. This has been a painfully slow evolution (February chop and return to 18/6) but now my Baby Momma is on solid ground and has developed enough greenery to establish the batch now in flower as well as the next wave set to follow. Not sure how long this mother plant will remain viable so I'm taking clones off of the babies as well to buffer my numbers. I still rely on the timeframe I'd developed with seed based efforts- two months veg and two months flowering.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've read it before, lots of times, but I have found the opposite to be true. In my experience, with the indicas I grow, switching to veg after pollination does not produce viable seeds. However, when then switching that clone back to flower, the plant will then grow and produce immature small white seeds from the pollinated sites.
For that reason, I would always make a choice now. Do I want to save the plant or the seeds more.

There's nothing stopping you from harvesting the seeds, and then reveging their mother.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeds need a good 50 days to mature. I have had some seeds mature in 40 days but the longer you wait the better. Let the plant finish maturing seeds (50 days) and harvest most leaving a few branches for revegging.

TheDarkStorm

So I am doing a seed run, and there are a couple of individuals I really like. I took clones of everyone, but my ac went out and a bunch didn't make it. Including the ones I like...

It's 4-5 weeks in flower (for an "8week" strain) and I was just wondering if I could get mature seeds and still reveg.
Have you already pollinated.....if so the seeds continue to form even If you go back in veg.......mind you enough times ive got a couple of seed by pollinating the few pistols that apear on mature clones in veg...and the seeds continue to form while the plants in veg........once a pistol is pollinated whether in veg flower or whatever limbo you want it will continue to form that seed as thats the plants main goal for itself.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

I don't have any long branches yet. That pic is the most growth out of my plants
I didn't see the pic first time around, must've been something funky with my internet connection, but now I can see why you want to breed that one and keep it around. Nice color and nice resin rails, looks like it's got a lot going for it.
It sounds from your description of the situation like you've left a lot of meat on the plants. You might be surprised, possibly dismayed, by the number of branches you get growing out of it once reveg kicks in fully. Even the small buds are going to have several shoots coming out of them.

Latest posts

Latest posts