What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revege, polyploid or ?

jogrow

Hi guys new to the forum, been lurking for a while but want to get more active. I've been breeding for the last 4 years here on the canary islands but originally from california. Had a question for all you experts out there:

Have this strain that I've been working on that seems to consistently do this:

Initially thought the plants were herming on me, but actually seems that they are developing 5/6 branches per node 2/3 per side(see second pic). Not happening on every node, I'd say about 50% of the nodes look like this. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being part of the community!

img-1.jpeg

img-2.jpeg

Piff_cat

definitely a chromosome issue. could be a polyploid or aneuploid. similar but not the same thing. a polyploid has complete extra sets of chromosomes triploid(3 sets) tetraploid(4 sets). or it could be an aneuploid which has extra chromosomes but not complete sets. the most common type of aneuploid is a trisomy. of the 10 chromosomes one will have an extra copy. so 21 chromosomes in cannabis case. this type of polyploid is very interesting because they create extreme phenotypes due to disruption of gene balance/dosage. depending on what genes that specific extra chromosome codes for. cool thing about trisomic plants is each version creates a specific and heritable genotype. datura is a good example they have 12 distinct genotypes correlated to each extra chromosome. since your in the canary islands its likely that the polyploid event is caused by unreduced gametes in sexual reproduction. areas with extreme environments without much change throughout the year are more likely to end up with unreduced gametes.

Latest posts

Latest posts