What's new

resolution problems

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
please don't bury this thread in the computer section so it never gets answered.

i got a brand new laptop and had been running 1920x1080 resolution on my maptop for about 3 weeks now. decided to set up the hdmi cable to my TV so i could utilize dual screens. every thing was working fine after that. had both monitors set up to 1920x1080.

started looking at some stuff today and noticed the resolution on my pc is stuck at 1366x768 now. when i try to change the resolution back windows 7 wont allow me to change it back. this is only happening on my laptop's screen. the TV is still set at 1920x1080.

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? i want to utlilize 1920x1080 on both my screens like i had been doing for awhile now. not sure what happened and why it wont allow me to change it back.

You can run 1920x1080 on your laptop when your only using your monitor. Your graphics card is downgrading your monitor res when you use it to create the hdmi output as well...

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
god damn they shoved the post in here anyway...

even when i unplug the dual monitors and am only using my laptop i still can't go back to 1920x1080