What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Replicating Autoflowering

I am interested in usin these autoflowering strains for some outdoor and indoor experiences.Problem is u cant clone em. So if u want 1ooo lowryder plants what should u do.

Yes ive ordered some diesel ryder seeds and thought about doing that but was wondering if the offsprinf would be healthy and strong or wierd mutant creatures that should be discarded.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
f2's i would think would show more pheno variation. You can then have a better chance of breeding to your specific type pheno you want though. According to sam the skunkman to truly keep as much of a specific line around without losing genetics would be to start and cross pollinate two thousand plants. I think he was quoting mendel though. Do some reading on mendel and it should help you understand how crossing plants works.

Thanks chub any advice can get is wanted.Im also thinking of crossing it with a few strains i have around.Purole kush,blockhead,ak47,ice cream and whatever else i have,but the reason im interested in the autoflowering strains is i want them to come in fast fast fast.So any crosses i make may not have that trait.also i dont have time,money space and equipment to mess with too large a breeding program.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I think if you wanna start crossing to breed in af is to use a male af plant to a female of your choice. Then grow out those f1's and hit only the females that af with male af pollen. Grow out the f2 generation and cross pollinate only the plants that af together and then the f3's should mostly all be auto. Might need to cross it one more time to lock the af down. I might be a lil off but i am pretty sure it is something like that.

Jahkaya

The F-1's will not usually show the AF trait, you have to wait for the F-2's and plant many seeds as there will only be a small percentage that will be AF. But I agree with Chubby, and I think it is the F-5's that are finally 100% AF. So 5 Generations, basically a whole year of breeding...and fast breeding too.

marcnh

krackpack said:
easy get some seeds then make some more seed and then plant 1000 of them

I agree, but I would start with at least 3000 seeds, if planting outdoors - trust me the lowryders don't like the cold nights at all! My best Lowryders where flowering mid summer and the others that flowered later were very small.