What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Relocating to Tulsa and looking for opportunities

recmeow79

Hello, I am moving to the Tulsa, Oklahoma area in June and am looking for possible job opportunities in the field. I currently live and work in Texas at a Cbd Dispensary/Vape shop so I am hoping to find a job that may be similar, or another opportunity that speaks to my strengths, as well as learning new things within the industry and ability to network with like minded people.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good luck friend on your move I hope the best for you. If you want to break into the market here you may want to start as a trimmer. Most of the new good jobs are taken up by used-to-be trimmers turned growers for the most part. Too many chiefs and not enough braves. Keep us posted.

recmeow79

HI, thank you for replying. Any ideas where I might look for trimmer position? Or any places you know of that might hire a "newbie" :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
HI, thank you for replying. Any ideas where I might look for trimmer position? Or any places you know of that might hire a "newbie" :)
You can start by looking anywhere they sell weed. Most shops are wanting people that got their shit together. No Jay wackies...

mexweed

Veteran
don't get your shit too together unless you're gonna be making enough money, a lot of places may try to say you aren't trimming fast enough/meeting the quota before the probationary period is up and let you go/not pay you, I got turned down for a bud tender job because I was asking $16/hr which apparently $12-$14 is more realistic, if you end up working at a grow site it still pays crap and you will definitely be exposed to semi-industrial sized applications of pesticides, in fact you will probably be part of the team that applies it, there is also a fairly decent chance of there being a "master grower" that is actually just a cocksucker with a bad ego/attitude that may show up at random times and throw a tantrum