What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2022

shiva82

great idea with the soil report. technical and interesting to see the changes after a grow. Did you work out where the potassium was coming from? what are the companion plants you got going? thanks

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Day 14F, should be another week of stretch.
Picsart_22-07-13_09-46-52-182.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Six of the seven Dominion Deisel have popped and are transplanted into soil. I mixed some old, hot, soil with some "pro mix" 1:1 and transplanted in that. Hopefully it's not too hot for the young ones.
Picsart_22-08-06_18-24-24-402.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Solo's Stash day 40F.
Picsart_22-08-08_09-04-59-608.jpg

I've been having issues with these plants and I'm leaning towards blaming the fan.

My grow environment over the last month look good. Temperature is 78.1°F day, 73.7°F night. Relative humidity is 54.7% day, 57.7% night. CO2 is 483.3 PPM day, 337.4 PPM night.

My soil test did indicate I was low on manganese, I was at the max recommended addition, so I was definitely low. I foliar sprayed manganese a couple times, but don't want to spray this far into flower.

The plants closest to the fan are getting yellow and crispy at the ends.
Picsart_22-08-09_12-07-57-150.jpg

The plants furthest from the fan look pretty good for about six weeks.
Picsart_22-08-09_14-04-21-875.jpg

I ordered an AC Infinity 6" oscillating that I hope will work better. I'll have to wait to get in there to install it though

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yes, all three are amended the same, and watered with Blumats. I have a smaller fan, just need to install it for next round.

HeliosPhear

I feel like Jack skelloton… whats this, what’s this? They look fantastic!

Attachments

• 98C765A0-AD57-4F35-AA0A-9C587C3C77D7.jpeg
    98C765A0-AD57-4F35-AA0A-9C587C3C77D7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Got some spare time to catch up on garden chores last night. I had some cuttings sitting in water waiting to get into rooters. They have been sitting for a couple weeks and a few already had roots. I still re-cut them and stuck them in rooters with a dome. I gave my bonsai mothers a good chopping. They were looking quite hungry, so I gave them a feeding of Jack's 321. Next I sorted the last of the Grass Fire OG x Solo's Stash seeds. I still need to run them through the bird seed cleaner and get them in the fridge. Finally I trimmed the Pluto Runz auto from the Subway SOG. I got about an ounce off that plant.

I was told that the Solo's Stash was a viny plant and it would need support. That was an understatement, I'm sure glad I had two levels of trellis. No way these stems could hold up the weight of the buds. Today is day 63, and I wouldn't be upset at all if I harvested them right now. Life being what it is, they will have to wait until Sunday before I will have enough time to do the deed. I will likely take a couple nice tops off each of the Solo's Stash and dry them for flower. The rest will be copped and frozen for hash. The Grass Fire OG plants will be dried for flower as well. I still have about 20 grams of Grass Fire OG rosin in the freezer.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Happy Friday everyone! I moved the Dominion Diesel plants to the top shelf under the bigger light.
Picsart_22-09-02_08-58-51-354.jpg

These clones will likely replace the sad looking clones and mothers.
Picsart_22-09-02_08-59-18-559.jpg

The sad looking clones and mothers. I left them without food to long, my bad.
Picsart_22-09-02_08-59-42-181.jpg

Here are a couple bud shots of the Solo's Stash.
Picsart_22-09-02_09-00-04-090.jpg

Picsart_22-09-02_09-00-27-464.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I trimmed up the Grass Fire OG buds and got some final weights for this round.

Solo's Stash #2 yielded 712 grams wet (142 grams dry)
Solo's Stash #2 yielded 19 grams dry
Solo's Stash #3 yielded 834 grams wet (167 grams dry)
Grass Fire OG yielded 154 grams dry
Total grams dry* 482

Vegged for 43 days at 11.91 kWh per day
Flowered for 67 days at 10.89 kWh per day
Average wattage: 908W
0.53 g/W, 4.38 g/day, 0.39 g/kWh, 20.09 g/ft2

*dry estimated as wet / 5

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
ReikoX-Soil-20220919-152729.png

Got my soil test results back from the lab. Things look pretty good, except manganese is still way lower than I would like it to be. Following the guidelines, I'm only adding about 10 pounds per acre of elemental manganese, but my soil has a deficit of 104 pounds per acre of manganese. I will continue adding it as a foliar spray and see where that gets me. Another change, not shown on these test results, is the addition of 170 pounds per acre of nitrogen. Further research led me to the conclusion that there is a cap to the limit of nitrogen released from organic matter. A few other trace elements need a boost as well. The last test showed a very high potassium level, that must have been an error, because potassium is back on track.

Soil Prescription
350 grams Feather Meal
325 grams Fish Bone Meal
2.5 grams Borax
8 grams Manganese Sulfate
1.25 grams Cobalt Sulfate Heptahydrate
3 grams Copper Sulfate Heptahydrate
0.5 grams Sodium Molybdate Dihydrate

Previous Soil prescription
460 grams Fish Bone
500 grams Gypsum
2 grams Borax
8 grams Manganese Sulfate
1.75 grams Cobalt Sulfate Heptahydrate
0.50 grams Sodium Molybdate
100 grams Greensand

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have been playing around with different soil mixes lately (recipes posted at the end). Previously I had made my version of Pro-Mix which was peat with 30% perlite and some lime. It worked out pretty decent with the Jacks 321 in the Subway SOG, but required constant feeding. I also have several mother plants in the same mix. Earlier this summer, I mixed up a batch of "water only" soil to be used outdoors in a SIP. This mix was a little on the heavy side with blood and bone meal in it. When I started the Dominion Diesel, I didn't have enough of the "Pro-Mix" so I mixed it 50/50 with the "water only" mix. This proved to be too much for the young seedlings. I lost a couple to damping off and they have grown quite slow.

I was looking for a better starter mix that I wont have to constantly feed, but also wont stunt seeds or clones. I've had my best results in the past with a Clackamas Coots mix that has had a single run of autos through it. So I found a light soil mix on Build-a-Soil that is based of off the Clackamas Coots recipe. Last night I mixed up a cubic foot of the Build-a-Soil light mix and a cubic foot of the standard Clackamas Coots mix.

Now that I actually had some soil mixed up, I decided to test it. First test was with some clones that have been sitting under the dome and are ready to be transplanted. I had four different varieties, with four rooted clones each. So I decided to do two of each variety in the Build-a-Soil light mix and two of each in the Clackamas Coots mix. After that I put them back under the dome and under low lighting to acclimate for the next couple of days.
Picsart_22-09-21_19-46-18-551.jpg

When I looked at the Dominion Diesel plants, I noticed they were starting to get root bound and circling the bottom of the solo cups. So I decided to up-pot them slightly to the Subway cups. I then put them in the flower room under 12/12 lighting for the next couple of days. This should help encourage them to show sex in the next week or so.
Picsart_22-09-21_19-45-47-662.jpg

I also up-potted two Solo's Stash clones into Solo cups with the Build-a-Soil light mix, then moved them into the quarantine tent set to 12/12 lighting. The plan is to pollinate them with some saved Solo's Stash pollen and make some S2s.

Pro-Mix Recipe:
5 gallons sphagnum peat moss
2.5 gallons perlite
1 cup oyster shell flour

Water Only Recipe:
Base Mix
3.75 gallons sphagnum peat moss
2.25 gallons of perlite
1.50 gallons mushroom compost
1.25 cups dolomite lime
1 cups bone meal
1/2 cup blood meal
1/2 cup kelp meal

Build-a-Soil Light Recipe:
5 gallons sphagnum peat moss
2 gallons perlite
1 gallon vermicompost
1/2 cup karanja cake
1/4 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup crustacean meal
1/2 cup gypsum
1 cup basalt rock dust

Clackamas Coots Recipe:
2.5 gallons sphagnum peat moss
2.5 gallons perlite
2.5 gallons vermicompost
1/2 cup neem/karanja meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup crustacean meal
1 cup gypsum
1 cup oyster shell flour
2 cups basalt rock dust

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Last night I decided to do a test squish of the Solo's Stash #2. This particular press was 5 grams of flower in a 90 micron bag. I pressed it for 3:00 at 85*C. It returned 1 gram of rosin for a 20% return. It was a little darker than I am used to, but it gives me a good idea of what the wash should do. I'm guessing about a 3% return on the fresh frozen material.
Picsart_22-09-22_18-06-31-276.jpg

I decided to take a big fat dab out of the reef cycler with the terp slurper.
Picsart_22-09-22_18-07-15-412.jpg