What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Mimosa XL Auto and Orange Apricot Glue XL Auto Outdoors

Vesnican

Salve guys!

After good results achieved with Sweet Mimosa XL Auto last season I have decided to give a try to Red Mimosa XL Auto. I was mainly attracted by the idea of crossing legendary Strawberry Banana and reliable and rewarding Sweet Mimosa.

In the second round I gave a try to Orange Apricot Glue XL Auto. By the time I got seeds, there were almost no customer reports nor pictures available, but its genealogy sounded interesting including mythical California Orange, Allien Cookies and Glue, which is always fine to have in the mix.

My plant are grown outdoors according to well-proven Autoflowering guide for maximum yield as usual.

Ferts and nutes used by Hesi Bio: Grow and Bloom, Biobizz: Biohaven and Root Juice, Ancient Earth by Advanced Nutrients and Grotek Synergy Mycorrhiza mixed to the soil.

Vesnican

RED MIMOSA XL AUTO: Sprouting started on 28 April and harvested on 16 July. Lets start with the cons and There is only one, my plants have not turned red. There were some red signs such a leaf stems and hair, but the full red genes have not showed up. Could be caused by the fact there was very hot and dry weather throughout their life spawn. Nights were irregularly warm during flowering stage and based on my experience, red/violet color is often triggered by colder nights. Sweet boys can comment on this.

Pros are very similar to classic Sweet Mimosa. Easy to grow, high resistance to diseases, satisfying yields, rich and pleasant odor with an intensity suitable for urban growing. The odor justifies its genes, it is fruitier then classic Mimosa.

M all.jpg

Mtop1.jpg

Mtop4.jpg

Mside1.jpg

Mtop2edit2.jpg

Last edited:

Vesnican

ORANGE APRICOT GLUE XL AUTO was a big question mark. I was expecting an indica leaning cultivar with rich trichome production. And I got it. Plants are shorter but deliver satisfying number of side branches. I have no experience in training and can’t say if would be worth it. This is definitely a strain which would benefit from more ferts then I am used to deliver. It would eat more 😊 The weather was crazy throughout their life spawn. Sprouting started on 24 May April and harvested on 17 Aug. During their grow stage and early flowering stage it was crazy hot and dry with not much wind. Although having enough water, they suffer a bit from it. During late flowering stage came very cold and rainy/humid weather. I had to let face them those conditions for a while. On the group picture you can see some rotten buds but I was honestly expecting way higher loses. The estimated loss is about 15% due to bud rot or mold. Finally, they coopt with not ideal conditions quite well. The odor intensity was higher in this case, but still ok for stealth Urban growing. In the terpenes I do not recognize much typical OG stuff, which is heavily presented in the genealogy. In my opinion the main odor is more leaning to Cookies/Chem terps.

OAall.jpg

OAtop1.jpg

OAtop3.jpg

Last edited:

Vesnican

EDIT: Issue solved, pictures fixed! I have no idea what goes wrong with the pictures upload, but although I am following the same procedure some pics show up directly in the thread and some give a link to click on to view. If Sweet admins know how to fix it, please feel free to edit all pics for direct display.

Last edited:

goingrey

I have no idea what goes wrong with the pictures upload, but although I am following the same procedure some pics show up directly in the thread and some give a link to click on to view. If Sweet admins know how to fix it, please feel free to edit all pics for direct display.
It's because of the size, too big, 4000x6000 the one's that don't show..

Nice plants!

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Vesnican!

That's an amazing summary of your great outdoor adventure this year. Thank you very much for sharing it with us :thank you:

Thanks also for the nice report on the strains, I'm glad to know you enjoyed them :)

Sweet smokes my friend :joint:

tommy