What's new

Red Devil

need4weed

Veteran
Has anyone got info on an old strain called red devil. I remember back in the late 90s early 00s it used to circulate between outlaw biker clubs in the southern states of Australia but I never came across it as I always grew my own gear. I've come across a source for ibl seeds, apparently grown outdoors in the hills each year and bred back into itself every season. Would like to here people's experiences and opinions from those who've grown it back in the day

Chi13

ICMag Donor
It used to be discussed a bit on the now defunct ozstoners site, but that was 2 decades ago. Not heard of it since, and have not tried it personally. I don't like the chances that it still exists.

Nexus7

I got the red devil in Oz around 98/99. Just the flowers though. The same crew had White widow at the same time so I just assume it was the ghs/mns version which was listed as Afghan/skunk iirc.

Good but nothing special imo

need4weed

Veteran
I got the red devil in Oz around 98/99. Just the flowers though. The same crew had White widow at the same time so I just assume it was the ghs/mns version which was listed as Afghan/skunk iirc.

Good but nothing special imo
I think it was used as a solid outdoor producer, mould resistant. I guess things have moved on a lot in 20 years, particularly outdoors

Nexus7

The batch I got was indoor grown so maybe not the same version ... buds were pretty chunky too iirc so maybe not the best for outdoors unless it finishes early before the rains

Hope it goes well in your climate!

KITCHA

Veteran
I heard the clone was still around a few years ago although hermed a bit in late flower, The red devil we used to get in SA was what I guess people talk about when they mention Road Kill Skunk. Very very strong smelling flowers with a blistering high. I think it did come from a GHS Red Devil pack but cant 100% confirm, In those days it was all big bud, AK47 etc mainly Sensi and GHS seeds pheno in Australia.

need4weed

Veteran
I heard the clone was still around a few years ago although hermed a bit in late flower, The red devil we used to get in SA was what I guess people talk about when they mention Road Kill Skunk. Very very strong smelling flowers with a blistering high. I think it did come from a GHS Red Devil pack but cant 100% confirm, In those days it was all big bud, AK47 etc mainly Sensi and GHS seeds pheno in Australia.
@KITCHA Yeah I still remember when it switched from outdoors to the indoors revolution. Everything was initially labeled skunk, it would sell for over $400 an oz and it would be completely wet. That's when I started growing and as you say it was sensi seeds, serious seeds and also sagamatha were big in those days too

Latest posts

Latest posts