What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommendation for portable vape...

entropical

Veteran
To anyone in the EU on the look for a vaporiser, and a deal, I can only highly recommend Dispensr.

They have a crazy giveaway going on in January, you can thank me later: https://dispensr.eu/en/welcome-to-2021-giveaways/

:tiphat:

B
I will second this, I could not be more happy with my purchase. Delivery took a few days extra but that was DHL. But from Dispensr everything went very smooth with the exception of payment, as it did not accept my card for some reason. So did a bank transfer and Dispensr sent via DHL same day they got paid.

The box that arrived was sleek and it was all beautiful and loving on the inside. No joke, a very satisfied customer here and they gave me an awsome gift as well. They also gave me a code that I thought I would share. 20 percent discount for CBD extract (99.47%): CBCrystal20

Enjoy!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My Mighty has recently died, although I have used it most days for 5 years. The on/off switch won't work. I am trying to get it repaired but the S&B process is frustrating to say the least and I doubt it will be worth getting fixed (if I ever get a quote).

Looking at slightly cheaper alternatives particularly the Crafty+, or the Tinymight. They seem to be similar prices. I know S&B well. I have a 12 year old Volcano and got 5 years from the Mighty (although it should be longer for a vape that expensive imo). They make quality products that give great vapor, but the tinymight looks great. Only thing is it hasn't been around as long.

Any suggestions from anyone either way, or links would be appreciated. I am looking at quality high end portable vapes that will be reliable and last a long time.

BudToaster

Veteran
Chi13 - lots of people on fuck combustion (.com) love the tinymight - big thread. probably on reddit, too, but i don't use reddit that much.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Chi13 - lots of people on fuck combustion (.com) love the tinymight - big thread. probably on reddit, too, but i don't use reddit that much.

Thank you. :tiphat: I had forgotten about that site. Some great info and I am nearly sold on the tinymight.

I got a quote back for fixing the Mighty, about half the original price to replace a switch that costs less than $1. Not only that, I have to post to Germany (from Australia). I am thinking about trying to fix the Mighty myself, but need to buy a tool to open it, then buy and solder a new switch. Not impressed at all with the difficulty and cost of fixing S&B products. They clearly want you to buy a new one. However, it has been reliable for 5 years I guess.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thank you. :tiphat: I had forgotten about that site. Some great info and I am nearly sold on the tinymight.

I got a quote back for fixing the Mighty, about half the original price to replace a switch that costs less than $1. Not only that, I have to post to Germany (from Australia). I am thinking about trying to fix the Mighty myself, but need to buy a tool to open it, then buy and solder a new switch. Not impressed at all with the difficulty and cost of fixing S&B products. They clearly want you to buy a new one. However, it has been reliable for 5 years I guess.

Welcome to the world of R by R! It sucks!! :tiphat:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Welcome to the world of R by R! It sucks!! :tiphat:

I am going to have a go at repairing the mighty. Wasn't sure what you meant by R by R, but you mean Right to Repair? My son was discussing this with me the other day.

So far I've ordered the right screwdriver for the job hopefully. Spent $12.95. If I can open it up I will see what's involved to replace the switch. I have sourced a switch for less than $1 but another $23 to post it from OS, but will have a look first to see what's involved. If i fail I will get the tinymight. Much longer 10 year warranty and lots of info online if you get into trouble.

goingrey

I can also recommend the Dynavap Vapcap. The problem with most (if not all) other flame-heated dry herb vapes has been that it's too easy to burn the weed by accident. But with the Vapcap that barely ever happens long as you respect the "click". Yet the extraction/vaporization of actives seems to still be very efficient. An ingenious design really.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've always used the yocan evolve plus for dabs in my pocket. I haven't used it in a while, I haven't been doing much open blasting bho.
I was just given this Dabadoo Bolt 2.
has anyone used this? Experience?
Looks like it's $129 new. Comes with a ceramic, glass,and titanium nail.
Looks well made and sturdy.
I don't even have any wax to test her out. 🤔 Maybe I'll try the THC-O acetate oil.
IMG_20220325_175454238.jpg
IMG_20220325_175419744.jpg
IMG_20220325_175457576.jpg

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am going to have a go at repairing the mighty. Wasn't sure what you meant by R by R, but you mean Right to Repair? My son was discussing this with me the other day.

So far I've ordered the right screwdriver for the job hopefully. Spent $12.95. If I can open it up I will see what's involved to replace the switch. I have sourced a switch for less than $1 but another $23 to post it from OS, but will have a look first to see what's involved. If i fail I will get the tinymight. Much longer 10 year warranty and lots of info online if you get into trouble.

Repair x replacement. It's a "consumer" society. Welcome to Capitalism. Stocks go up, but no disposable income.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Puffitup.com has a pretty small selection but Randy is super fast with shipping and a wonderful person if anything goes wrong.

puffedup is a discount code for 15% off most stuff.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

I forgot about this thread, but I ended up getting a Tinymight which I've had since early January 2022. What a great portable vape. I couldn't be happier. Portable and hits harder than the Mighty. Solid, well built unit. Ordered direct from Finland as not many companies seem to stock it (or didn't then).

moose eater

I was stingy when I bought my PAX 3 and asked a local phone repair place to replace the toasted battery in my Pinnacle Pro (old school stuff). The repair left the element carrying the overwhelming flavor and odor of epoxy cement that's not been permitted to properly cure. Likely not good for the lungs or blood stream at all. So that was a poorly spent $60 to $100 USD.

The PAX 3 works pretty well, but I've found with all the vapes I've tried, that the prep time is more ritualistic and time-consuming than I care for, makes a mess unless very careful (and who has time to be careful on the go?), and most of those I've tried leave that last couple of tokes feeling like it got heated up beyond what ever setting was there in the beginning of the bowl;' they get hot toward the end, no matter what, and taste like it.

And the half-bowl 'plug'/cap PAX 3 comes with is still more than I need when smoking good pot, so I tend to smoke more than I need as a child of Great Depression-era parents, for whom the motto was 'waste not, want not.'

Which has transitioned into the now equally accurate "Waste not, be way too wasted."

So I'm back to hash in glass (or sometimes brass) pipes, and the rare joint of flower.

I tried to join the health and tech revolution. I really did. But......

Reactions: Gry

RobFromTX

I have the same, I've been using it for longer than a month now, and I'm really satisfied with it.
I've never faced any kind of problem with it, and I'm really glad that I decided to get it because I was choosing between this one, and Dynavap Vapcap, which is also not bad
im really liking it too (y)

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot about this thread, but I ended up getting a Tinymight which I've had since early January 2022. What a great portable vape. I couldn't be happier. Portable and hits harder than the Mighty. Solid, well built unit. Ordered direct from Finland as not many companies seem to stock it (or didn't then).
Just picked up the new version. Also have the first one. It's nice , I dig it.

EastCoastGambit

you'all inspired me to purchase one of these. Combustion has been giving me lung concern lately now that I am getting older. Scooped the Arizer Solo II. Its simplicity appealed to me, I'll use it mostly at home, and can also figure a way incorporate a bubbler if needed. Only drawback is its not usable for hash or concentrates so if I want to incorporate some full melt dry sift I probably need to get something different. Though I would imagine the right sized quartz bucket could provide that functionality.