What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recirculating system in grow tent with remote reservoir / controller?

is there a way to run a recirculating system like bato buckets in a grow tent with the reservoir / controller outside the tent? maybe using check valves. the ceiling is short so raising all the buckets would only be logical if kept to a minimum.

RockinRobot

Any recirculating system requires the plants to be higher than the reservoir. You could do Drain to Waste in hempys with remote reservoir though

Any recirculating system requires the plants to be higher than the reservoir. You could do Drain to Waste in hempys with remote reservoir though

I don't know much about hempy buckets.
Bato buckets drain leaves 2in at the bottom so it sounds similar. That is about a gallon of water - how often do you need to fully exchange the water in each bucket?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I don't recirculate, I drain to waste but I could just take my drain hose and put it back in the reservoir if I wanted.
I have 2 reservoirs for each tent sitting outside the tent.
One is for my fresh nutrients, the other for the runoff waste. Pumps water thru tubing that goes thru tent wall into Hydro Halos. Water drains into saucers that gave drain tubing that takes runoff to a small bucket inside the tent. Inside the bucket is an automatic pump with float. When it sense water in the bucket the pump kicks on a pumps water from bucket thru piping that goes to drain Reservoir outside the tent.

If you wanted it to recirculate then take drain hose and run it to the main reservoir instead of a drain to waste.

I followed the Diy instructions at cocoforcannabis.com for automatic watering system and the diy drain system.

Reactions: f-e
I don't recirculate, I drain to waste but I could just take my drain hose and put it back in the reservoir if I wanted.
I have 2 reservoirs for each tent sitting outside the tent.
One is for my fresh nutrients, the other for the runoff waste. Pumps water thru tubing that goes thru tent wall into Hydro Halos. Water drains into saucers that gave drain tubing that takes runoff to a small bucket inside the tent. Inside the bucket is an automatic pump with float. When it sense water in the bucket the pump kicks on a pumps water from bucket thru piping that goes to drain Reservoir outside the tent.

If you wanted it to recirculate then take drain hose and run it to the main reservoir instead of a drain to waste.

I followed the Diy instructions at cocoforcannabis.com for automatic watering system and the diy drain system.

I use a condensate pump right now that runs straight to my bathroom drain. I do worry about its durability. What pump are you using?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Condense pumps are pretty reliable, and you can use the second float to stop your emitter pump, if a flood situation did get close to happening.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Interesting pump CannaRed. I use the more typical ones, that provide their own bucket. Sometimes I lift them out to use a bigger one. Other times I drill the side for hose entry points. I have on occasion used two. To be sure a failed pump wouldn't be show stopping.

I have one of them 660a pumps for waste out. It has a hose shoved on, to get right to the bottom of the tank(a sandwich box). I'm running it under 12v to stop it sucking in air like a plughole. It's controlled by an electronic level controller. Omron 61F iirc. Though a 12v board would suit this application better. The water sensors need to be 316 stainless though. Or the salts blacken them over and stop them working very quickly. 316 is a marine grade. I used some threaded rod, and grouped the rods with chocolate bar connector block. Likely seen in the under bed thread. There are optical versions but I imagine that means LEDs. Lights in your room. they go one the outside of the tank. It's trick kit I must try.
Such messing about can get you draining down to under 20mm. Mine comes on about 30mm and off about 20mm, though that's just an example. The pumps about 50mm wide so that might be a more realistic tank depth. I think mines about 70mm as my highest pots from the floor, are raised 100mm. It's not very ambitious 100mm...

Latest posts

Latest posts