What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real Gorilla Glue

pjlive

Damn I didn’t see your post. Thanks for all that info! Now that’s what I’m talkin bout. A heavy feeder! Thanks PJLive!
Sure thing! My GG plants were pretty darn big too, so that takes up some of the high EC values as well. I'd started 12/12 when they were only about 30 cm tall and they grew to over 4 feet in stretch height even with some minor LST on their main stems.

SofaKingStupid

Yea these look super sweet today. I gotta try to get them separated in a minute.

Attachments

• 4182F7F0-2F9B-4F6E-A84C-EC389B96D282.jpeg
    4182F7F0-2F9B-4F6E-A84C-EC389B96D282.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 16820FCE-A04B-4C9E-81C7-CEB8D274224A.jpeg
    16820FCE-A04B-4C9E-81C7-CEB8D274224A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54

SofaKingStupid

Yea that’s it. It’s happening today. I got stuff out of the way and everything now. I’m just getting my pre movement buzz and I’m bout movin. I just gotta lightly clean, and fill 3 buckets with 13 ml per gallon FF326. It’s just that I got no slop sink down here so I gotta do it by the stairs. Damn. I didn’t have to breath so much back in the day.

Attachments

• 5AFAE2AD-B157-4D46-9753-D912FABC6666.jpeg
    5AFAE2AD-B157-4D46-9753-D912FABC6666.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51

pjlive

Ahhh shitt. After better thinking. I think I might go about this a bit differently.
Don't you worry bro, you're gonna get your cannabis groove back. After a layoff things might be a little frustrating for you here and there, but now that you're back in action you'll get it done. I bet by the time those flower you'll be back in deep and solid. Your plants are lookin' good as it is. ;)(y)

SofaKingStupid

If I remember rite it’s 2 gorilla glues crosed with another gorilla glue. Something like that anyhow.
Here they are today. I think I’m gonna separate these into 2 buckets tomorrow. I think I see 3 phenos. One tall lanky one. 2 squat tight ones that are almost identical, and a week looking almost stunted one. I dont know if il separate the 2 identical ones or not. I think I’d like to fim them. I got a feeling one of them is gonna wind up being my mom. But I gotta get just 2 per bucket so I have room to work with. And I need 2 buckets for fresh clone water.
Fukk. Once I pick a mom Il be fine. I can cut and flower all day. I like clones. I’m just not a bean popper. I just can’t wait to get on a familiar schedule.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48

SofaKingStupid

Sweet! I got my son to carry me down 3 buckets of water. We hung out a while and now it’s time for me to go to work! So now Il fix the bucket to the right at 15ml per gallon FF 326!@ 6.4 ph and split the bucket so I can spread them out a bit and work on them. And I want to bring the ph down to 6.4 in the other 2 buckets for the clones. Everything’s bubbling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51

SofaKingStupid

All rite! Done for the day. The 2 on the left are 6.4 water and the 2 on the rite are both at 13 ml 326 at 6.4 ph. Hopefully tomorrow Il get them separated into the 2 right buckets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 48

negative37dBA

Veteran
I will be watching along with interest. I have grown MANY runs of GG4. Be interesting to see the results. I still have a mother going....Good Luck sir!

SofaKingStupid

Thank you Negative! Mabey you can help me out. How many phenos does GG have? I think I see 3. 2 plants are squat, one lanky, and one’s kind of a runt.
Which is the true pheno I’m looking for?

negative37dBA

Veteran
So I think I caught where you got your seeds from, Real Gorilla Seeds. I have no idea where they got the strain or how they bred it.... The story goes something like this. Josey Wales was tired of herms in a line he was working so he gave the last few beans he had to a good friend Mardog. He ended up popping them after a bit and the # 4 pheno was the keeper. There were others as I think he had 11 beans total...
So all that said. I have no idea what you have. Anything that has come from a seed lately would not be the original gg4...no disrespect to what you are growing at all.
I purchased mine as clones from a dispo a very long time ago. I know I have the real deal because of how she grows, what she looks like and the smell...its easy to tell.
Long and lanky with large internode spacing, red petioles, frosty AF, reeks of gas and pine...other subtle notes of chocolate and coffee. I will take a look at some more of your pictures and see what it looks like. You said you had a lanky one that would be the one to watch closely.
Appreciate the questions always glad to try to help out. I am going from full memory on all that gg4 story but I think I nailed it.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

So after thinking a bit more I guess one could argue that if you reversed a gg4 female and then bred it with another one you would technically have gg4 seeds...but that questionable in my opinion.
I am not sure of what I think about reversed stuff...have no expereince.

SofaKingStupid

Strain Lineage: (GG#4 X GG#4 X GG#4)

Real Grorill4 , formerly known as Gorilla Glue #4, developed by GG Strains, is a potent hybrid strain that delivers heavy-handed euphoria and relaxation, leaving you feeling “glued” to the couch. Its chunky, resin-covered buds fill the room with pungent earthy and sour aromas inherited from its parent strains, Chems sister / Sour Dubb, and Chocalate Diesel. Taking first place in both the Michigan and Los Angeles 2014 Cannabis Cups as well as the High Times Jamaican World Cup, this multiple award-winning hybrid’s supremacy is no longer a secret, here at RGSC we have crossed the GG#4 x GG#4 back to itself again using only the best plants standing out of a large selection to bring you the very best of this infamous pungent specimen , make sure your carbons are fresh with this one as she is a stinking crowd pleaser.
All rite! My first copy and paste! Il get some pics up after work tomorrow. Thanks Negative!

negative37dBA

Veteran
I would wonder where they got the male to breed back to the GG4 because GG4 is a clone only cut. Then when you breed those 2 together you are going to get variation again in pheno types I think. So in my simple little world anything not from the original clone cut would not be "real" gg4. The whole reversing game is foreign to me and I know very little about it. I understand how it works but I have never smoked any so have no way to tell if its the same. I hope yours comes out great. I will be watching along.
Hope you don't mind me dropping 1 nice photo of what you looking for in a finished bud of the GG4.
gg4 contest mars.jpg

Have a great day all.
Peace negative.

SofaKingStupid

Yea Negative. I’m new to this fem seed thing too. I thought selfed seeds were genetic copies of themselves but I found out that’s not the case. But the genetics are supposed to be there.
I would love to have been able to get a cut of this but unfortunately that wasn’t an option for me. I had to settle for seeds.
It’s really great to see what you done with the actual GG#4. I hope I can get a mom to give me something so sweet. I have someone coming over tomorrow to give me a hand. We may either untangle roots and separate some plants, or we may just cut clones.
Thanks for checking on me and I’m glad to have your input!