What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-Vegging 100% "Sativa" Question

So, I have a small Vietnamese x Thai cross I made this past year, and I started a few inside, got a couple females, began flowering them for several weeks, and after about 8 weeks of flowering inside, I moved it outside and acclimated it to the sun and the outdoor environment, it has now been going another 4-5 weeks outside with no issues, continuing to flower.

What I am really wondering now, is why it is still flowering after 4-5 weeks, and it hasn't been Re-Vegging due to the light hours increasing outside. I feel like I'm onto something here, the ultimate idea being to veg them to a decent size, flower them for a bit indoors (like the plant I'm describing) and then put them outside in the beginning of spring once it's nice and warm out as I did with this one with hopes it will just run it's course flowering without Re-Vegging... It's not ideal, but I don't have the ability to do light-dep on my property, and these tropical Landrace sativas don't quite run their course outside here in Northern California.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Salut JudahsSceptre,

Your plants will reveg but due to the pure sativa cross it needs longer time to switch, in two or three weeks you will start to see it i think. And the result should be strange like a bug mutant plant with probably late flowering then... Sadly not good practice sorry!

In my opinion the good way to try and work it outdoor at your location would be to limit the veg at start, from fresh rooted clone for example and transplanted late like in July maybe. (iI you can grow it at altidude it will work better too). And if you make some F2s in this way next generation will be more precocious etc... Nice cross bro enjoy!

LostTribe

Premium user
Salut JudahsSceptre,

Your plants will reveg but due to the pure sativa cross it needs longer time to switch, in two or three weeks you will start to see it i think. And the result should be strange like a bug mutant plant with probably late flowering then... Sadly not good practice sorry!

In my opinion the good way to try and work it outdoor at your location would be to limit the veg at start, from fresh rooted clone for example and transplanted late like in July maybe. (iI you can grow it at altidude it will work better too). And if you make some F2s in this way next generation will be more precocious etc... Nice cross bro enjoy!

Pure Sativas have taken similar times to reveg. OHaze, Oldtimers others. I answered assuming you are trying to veg them for late season harvest vs trying for an early spring run. I would say that its still very early for a late run if you really want to get them going I would cut them back to bush them out and this will cause the flower inducing hormones to redistribute and help force them back into growth phase. If you had them vegging ID under more than 16 hrs light then it may react like keeping indica inside under 247 and after 6-8 weeks of that if they are set out they will flower automatically thru harvest. Outdoor folk used to do that for an early spring crop. I'd pinch and if the light hours out are right for normal veg they should bush up and start vegging again. Cutting the tops should cause them to react the same as if you were harvesting and then trying to reveg from there. As Roms said I agree it will take 3 weeks to really see them switch back. Good luck.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Salut LostTribe,

I would even say that with a winter protection mulch it's possible to reveg it for the next spring... Only with strong sativa magic lignin i guess! :)

Wanna see more and more Californian "pure" sativa growers to work, study and try it!

romanoweed

I had this Idea aswell, if Sativas might stay in flower once they started.. Then bring it outside. And they continue.

Most people told me they will reveg HOWEVER i have seen someone that had a Thai continuing flower (till the End i beleve) . Shown in Pic:

autothai.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	autothai.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	17839308
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

autothaiddd.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	autothaiddd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.8 KB ID:	17839309

I asked him out, and he said he just took clones around March, and assumably these clones got the floweringimpulse, then he placed them outside a month later, they continued!!

I beleve him, he showed Photos.
Im not one that want to make up Farytales, but soetimes it seems there are a FEW occasions were you can trick the Plants into doing what you want. And this might work. HOWEVER im pretty shure that works only with a few pure ativa Lines.
And probably in his case they produced just Tiny little pearls that flowered faster , like in a Stress-Mode. But im anyway not daily smoker, so.. Its promising.

Further: someone showed me a Pic of Zamaldelicas (pure equatorial) wich he light deprivated. HE didnt hold on trough, and stopped Light Dep before 23 September, when its 12/12. So they revegged as he stopped Lightdep, cause daylenghth was increasing in this Moment, right.?. So, it took 1,5 months switching into vegetative and back into flowering. As i remeber the Buds indeed started stretching, so the Buds looked pretty big.
My Question is, if these unfinished Buds would stay alive, and later continue? Cause that would mean you could preflower indoors, accept the reveg when placing outside, but your Buds would be already formed, and ahead of Time. So they would finish normally outside , but earlyer.

Further: There seem to be infact equatorials that flower while Summer. Mustafunk once grew a pure LaReunion Line, and it suddenly flowered mid Summer.

that her (not my Pics):
Click image for larger version  Name:	zam2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.1 KB ID:	17839312
Click image for larger version  Name:	zam2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.1 KB ID:	17839312

One two months Later during Midsummer:
Click image for larger version  Name:	zam6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	17839315

So, you can hope you find an Autoflower Thai or Viet. Wich i also one Time heard reporte form another Member!! If its stressinduced, or not, it doesent really matter, as long it does its Autofower Thing.

Good luck experimenting i wish you.

Attachments

• zam1.jpg
    zam1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 30
  • zam2.jpg
    zam2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 24
  • zam6.jpg
    zam6.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 29