What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-sieving Moroccan hash powder to make quality hash

b3fr33

On a recent trip to Morocco, I went to a friend's farm with the intention of re-sieving raw Moroccan hash powder to make quality hash.

That is, buying it off the farmer as powder, taking it to another location and re-sieving it - the result is a high quality resin which is melty and produces a better, longer lasting high :dance013:

Standard Moroccan hash is made using only one screen over a big bowl, and they beat the plants quite hard, so there's a fair bit of green matter in the powder.

By re-sieving it with a silk screen to clean it up with even only 1 or 2 screens, in this case only one at 77T (or 72 micron), and you can produce a much better result, as the screen they use is more like 43T (150 micron) or 48T (135 micron). The 61T screen which is 92 micron will also clean it up somewhat, just not as much as the 77T/72 micron.

The reason I did it in my hotel room was to do it away from the farmers, as not to offend them that their hash was originally pretty lame in the grand scale of things, and also not to get them into re-sieving as then the price would likely jump up several times! [I paid the equivalent of US$32 an ounce for the original material, the re-sieving reduced it by roughly half, so I ended up paying $64 an ounce for the end product after throwing away all the green material and keeping the gold!]

Here's a pic of the end result:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who knows what would happen if those Godless heathens discovered your secret. Global anarchy at the least, at the worst perhaps a rotting diaper from the sky style apocalypse.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
looks nice... our experience with hash from morocco is from the late 60's/early 70's and at that time is was green, and way down the ladder from afgan/Nepal... it was very poor quality... certainly looks like it has improved...

SativaBreather

Veteran
I did last last time i was there

bought the best quality unpressed mexican - insane floral smell, 15 dirham a gram
run it thru 160, 70 and 45 bags

the 70 and 45 were beautiful

T

tropicannayeah

I did last last time i was there

bought the best quality unpressed mexican - insane floral smell, 15 dirham a gram
run it thru 160, 70 and 45 bags

the 70 and 45 were beautiful

In terms of the quality of the high, there's nothing better than inhaling really clean dry sift.The hash in the first post looks delicious and I bet your re-sieved resin was top notch too. The trouble with smoking such high quality resin is that just about everything else you smoke soon after that hash is all gone seems seriously lacking in every way.

Did you re-sift with ice water or dry sift the farmer's resin? Did you check out the farmer's hash with magnification or just smoke test some of it before buying it? Why didn't you use the 120 or 125 micron bag? Did you leave the bags there or take them home with you (through international borders)? cheers!

mack 10

Veteran
Good idea. Morocco is on my hit list for next year.
How much per kilo of dry plants to per kilo of hash powder.