What's new

Rasoli

musigny23

no, this is flat out wrong

a Himalayan charas plant grown direct into good deep loamy soil will hit 5 to 6 metres

you can get a good kilo of bud off that

it will give you plenty of charas!

incidentally, we're giving away 12 Rasoli freebie seeds with all orders right now

Sigh... sure, no argument that is the highest potential, should all the necessary conditions be met. If for whatever reason that isn't achieved, then the choice could change depending on priorities. Details on the growing situation weren't provided. I went by my experience this past season, which might be representative of an average or a bit below average outcome. My parvati plant was about 3.25 m tall and gave about 250 grams of bud. I chose not to make hand rubbed charas from that. Outcomes will vary, priorities will vary. At the single plant level, depending on how it went, to answer the question whether the buds are good for smoking, they are.

ngakpa

Veteran
apologies if I jumped on that, it's just that people tend to put a lot of weight on forum feedback

I've seen many forum reports claiming Himalayan plants are low-yielding over the years, and they're all from people who've grown them in pots (indoor or outdoor)

restricting the roots of Himalayan plants (e.g in pots) as well as limiting height will also make them grow more toward a single stem, afaik because they're domesticated in part for fibre production

sown very densely, they look just like a field of hemp

other pedantic point - imo bud from these isn't strictly speaking ganja, but bhang... ganja really only comes from specific ganja cultigens

it's not to say that you won't get plants with cannabinoid profiles like a ganja plant - there will be plants in these populations with little to no CBD and plenty of THC... but the opposite is also true

Theorganicguy

Hello, everybody :tiphat:
Just wanted to chime in, since I'm growing a couple of these! What really amazed me was how the leaves go from kind of broad to fairly narrow in just a couple of nodes!

Rasol #1
Nice pine smell coming through the stem. Quite a flexible plant, decorated by the reddish stems.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Rasol#2
This one has a sort of blonde moroccan hash smell. A bit more vigorous than #1.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

I had a very poor germination rate on the Rasoli seeds. VERY poor but the ones that popped and grew were stable. I had them in 10gal pots indoors under about 1000watts of led. I was initially really excited about this plant because it grew SO fast but it’s yield indoors was pitiful. Before someone jumps down my shit, I’ve already SAID they were indoors! I would not suggest this strain or Manipuri for an indoors grow. Flowering time is incredibly long and slow on both. Both have a low odor. Don’t expect anything resembling something you’ve grown in the past. Neither plant is very frosty. I’ve kept plants healthy for 15 weeks of flowering before. Read the description that the seed bank has. If it says airy buds don’t think you can change it, you won’t! Airy buds is what you’ll get. They do resemble more of a hemp product than something consumable in a fashion that most of us are familiar with

Lebanizer

I had a very poor germination rate on the Rasoli seeds. VERY poor but the ones that popped and grew were stable. I had them in 10gal pots indoors under about 1000watts of led. I was initially really excited about this plant because it grew SO fast but it’s yield indoors was pitiful. Before someone jumps down my shit, I’ve already SAID they were indoors! I would not suggest this strain or Manipuri for an indoors grow. Flowering time is incredibly long and slow on both. Both have a low odor. Don’t expect anything resembling something you’ve grown in the past. Neither plant is very frosty. I’ve kept plants healthy for 15 weeks of flowering before. Read the description that the seed bank has. If it says airy buds don’t think you can change it, you won’t! Airy buds is what you’ll get. They do resemble more of a hemp product than something consumable in a fashion that most of us are familiar with

Regarding the poor germination rate, it's important to know that Himalayan seeds can sometimes take a lot of time to germinate. They are adapted to a very harsh milieu and sometimes they can be dormant for long periods of time. I would definitely suggest not to throw the ungerminated seeds away, they should germinate eventually. I've had himalayan seeds (Nepal) that sprouted three years later. In other instances, and not counting dormant seeds, the ones that germinate immediately can take anywhere between two weeks to two months.

As for the rest of your experience, yeah definitely airy buds. As for the flowering time, did you use a 12/12 schedule by any chance ? I would have recommended a 10/14 (day/night) schedule instead. The only Himalayan strain I grew indoor was Nanda Devi and as long as it was under 12/12 it just refused to bloom, then I switched to 10/14 and only then did it bloom.

In anycase yes these plants have nothing to do with western hybrids that's for sure.

But personnally I love the Himalayan high. It has a lot of character and seems to suit me the best.

Hempy McNoodle

Hempy you ever have success with rasoli

No. I tried in 2020, but none of my beans hatched. I used the standard paper towel method without any special tricks. Angus from TRSC said that they should be sown directly into soil and as others have said it can take months and sometimes years to sprout. Angus and others recommended refrigerating the beans for a little while to artificially 'winterize' them. Yesterday on another thread, someone recommended scuffing the seed's seam with fine sand paper. These are all tricks I've used in the past with a species of fruit tree called tamarillo.

Regarding the poor germination rate, it's important to know that Himalayan seeds can sometimes take a lot of time to germinate. They are adapted to a very harsh milieu and sometimes they can be dormant for long periods of time. I would definitely suggest not to throw the ungerminated seeds away, they should germinate eventually. I've had himalayan seeds (Nepal) that sprouted three years later. In other instances, and not counting dormant seeds, the ones that germinate immediately can take anywhere between two weeks to two months.

As for the rest of your experience, yeah definitely airy buds. As for the flowering time, did you use a 12/12 schedule by any chance ? I would have recommended a 10/14 (day/night) schedule instead. The only Himalayan strain I grew indoor was Nanda Devi and as long as it was under 12/12 it just refused to bloom, then I switched to 10/14 and only then did it bloom.

In anycase yes these plants have nothing to do with western hybrids that's for sure.

But personnally I love the Himalayan high. It has a lot of character and seems to suit me the best.

I flowered them under 11 hrs of light.
ive grown two rounds of Malawi Gold from 2 different seed banks. Both banks I believe have mentioned Afropips. The plants looked and performed nothing like each other. One set was harvest 12 weeks and the other set is still growing heading into week 14-15.
For me, the Manipuri I have is on the chopping block list.... I’m trying to refrain from chopping them but electricity is quite expensive where I live

Im'One

I have never popped mine...I have a bunch from khalifa then real seed co send me even more...I'm dawdling trying to decide what to run this summer...sorry.

I’ve now dropped my lights on hours to 10.5 hrs. The two shorter Manipuri have started to bulk up... they still look to be atleast 8 weeks before being even close to harvest. The one plant that is 6’ tall, well we are in week 15 and it looks like I flipped it 3 weeks ago. I’m thinking 4 more months..... incredibly slow going