What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rapid growth of Myco using neemcake?

TheFungi

So. I cannot find much information on the nutritional value of neem cake for myco. But if I've been getting rapid growth of mycelium on my neem that I feed my worms. Within 24 hours full colonization and i got wondering if my top dressing of neem as worm food was also promoting rapid growth of mycorrihizae.
20230224_024120.jpg

Or is it something to be worried about? It's never seemed to cause any harm. I usually let it go to help break down the neem for my worms.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'm all-in for anything which can break down azadirachtin and render it harmless. Would be awesome if the myco/worm combo accomplishes this, especially if it also benefits worms and castings production. :)

My physical reaction to the aza/cannabis combo is so fcked up, the less around the better I like things. :)

Endophytic root microbes need roots to grow.

Not sure the purpose of neem. Hemp cake is twice the aminos for the same price. And comes with batch reports, so you can avoid bad producers. If you buy neem from a weedbro outlet you're definitely getting the tainted low quality, left overs that no other industry wants.

friendlybutcher

So. I cannot find much information on the nutritional value of neem cake for myco. But if I've been getting rapid growth of mycelium on my neem that I feed my worms. Within 24 hours full colonization and i got wondering if my top dressing of neem as worm food was also promoting rapid growth of mycorrihizae.
View attachment 18813293
Or is it something to be worried about? It's never seemed to cause any harm. I usually let it go geometry dash lite to help break down the neem for my worms.
In my opinion, I'm not sure. I think it's better for both plants and symbionts to grow naturally. This cooperation will produce substances in regulating the soil for plant growth. To have this goal achieved by the myco/worm combination, especially if it improves worm and castings output, would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts