What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rain

indagroove

Veteran
Mega-X_10x10_B_White.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Small leaf blowers are great for blowing off excess water after a rain. :tiphat: Hope it clears up enough to improve before harvest.

squatty

I just used a leaf blower this morning after some sprinkles. A big part of my troubles seems to be caterpillar related. I will spray again this evening with BT and Actinovate.

I see sun outside and in the forecast!

theJointedOne

Veteran
Small leaf blowers are great for blowing off excess water after a rain. :tiphat: Hope it clears up enough to improve before harvest.

your also driving water into the flower even further with pressure..

op just use bti 2x, first when you see the first moth and then a week after that

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
your also driving water into the flower even further with pressure..
You shouldn't be blowing the water *down* into the flowers. You should be blowing from the base of the flowers upward. It's the same as shaking a plant, without the physical grip and jerking motion. :tiphat:

PDX Dopesmoker

I just got done making my 2nd batch of trash oil - live resin from salvaged flower chunks. I made a batch of live infused olive oil from salvage too.
Gonna be a great mushroom season if thats any kinda of silver lining and my later flowering females didn't take as bad of a beating as the the plants that went through weeks 5-7 of flower in nonstop rain, maybe the weather will turn around and the survivors will get to finish out, but either way I'm for sure planning on growing more and bigger autos next summer. Regular seeds are a much higher risk proposition than autos until someone invents a treatment for botrytis. Its just a dumbass fungus, its no more intelligent that a rock, why haven't we outsmarted it yet?

furrywall11

Frost, dog..

The frost rolled into Sam's Valley around October 7th by October 11th every single one of the colas of my five lb plants in 300 gallon pots had been killed on the branch. shortly after, the stems started to mold. and the flowers, which became saturated with moisture during the mornings, tried out or rained on in the afternoon and, saturated again in the evenings really took a beating.

Frost is no joke. I would love to hear from more farmers in the area who got hit really hard by the frost in first two weeks of October.

Bless

until someone invents a treatment for botrytis. Its just a dumbass fungus, its no more intelligent that a rock, why haven't we outsmarted it yet?

Im primarily an indoor grower, this year was tge first time I ran anything outdoors (you just can't beat the sun, can you. quality of outdoor in tlo soil was stellar). Im in lane county oregon, so I knew fungi were going to be a prob in October (it was a bad pm season here, even affect on peoples indoor and vegetable gardens here). Please forgive if this is q dumb question, but i have yet to meet an outdoor grower thats used Serenade (or homemade lacto), milk wash, or highly basic light misting on sunny mornings for fungus control? It works well, can be used up to the day of harvest. Its bacteria and a few inert ingredients to stabilize the bacteria.

I know some people refuse to use it since Bayer purchased it, and I totally understand and admire those folks. I on the other hand am a selfish little bitch that doesn't want to lose hours of hard work blood sweat and tears, so I do end up using it when environmental controls are not available or not enough.

PDX Dopesmoker

Im primarily an indoor grower, this year was tge first time I ran anything outdoors (you just can't beat the sun, can you. quality of outdoor in tlo soil was stellar). Im in lane county oregon, so I knew fungi were going to be a prob in October (it was a bad pm season here, even affect on peoples indoor and vegetable gardens here). Please forgive if this is q dumb question, but i have yet to meet an outdoor grower thats used Serenade (or homemade lacto), milk wash, or highly basic light misting on sunny mornings for fungus control? It works well, can be used up to the day of harvest. Its bacteria and a few inert ingredients to stabilize the bacteria.

I know some people refuse to use it since Bayer purchased it, and I totally understand and admire those folks. I on the other hand am a selfish little bitch that doesn't want to lose hours of hard work blood sweat and tears, so I do end up using it when environmental controls are not available or not enough.

Thanks, I meant to look into what might be available back in August and I started looking in to whats what a little bit, but then it started raining a few weeks earlier than normal and I hadn't made any decisions about if/what I wanted to try and use so I just did nothing and paid the price a little. I thought about setting up a little greenhouse to keep the rain off too, I ordered one while it was raining and it showed up just in time for the end of the rain so I ended up putting my tomato plants in it instead of the marijuanas.
I'm always wavering between wanting to care for the plants and wanting to see which ones can perform just on the basis of being a good seed and resist the elements on it's own, so the way I ended up doing it this year is still kind of OK, but when I was reading about botrytis I got the idea in my head that if it were possible to breed for resistance to botrytis then the plant would've evolved that quality on it's own already and since it didn't then it might not even be possible to really breed for resistance to botrytis anyway so finding out which plant has better luck against the stuff might not even be all that meaningful. If thats the case then using a spray wouldn't really be interfering with the real world botrytis resistance test also known as the fall harvest season in Oregon.

I hadn't made any decisions about if/what I wanted to try and use so I just did nothing and paid the price a little

lol yeah, story of my life :D

I'm ok with plants existing outside of optimum conditions as well, I agree you can learn a good deal about a particular plant's ability to cope with common stressors (I rode out spider mites for months to learn how my cuts and seedlings would fare; educational but not fun and definitely the extreme end of the spectrum for me lol).

Latest posts

Latest posts