What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rain water and tap water discussion

Three Berries

I was thinking this is same as my water. The golden hue goes away after it’s rained a while.
They just bloomed this week and the roof was covered in the locust flowers. Got a good rain last night and today.

BTW the go to Rainwater mantra is what led me to failure from Ca deficiency. So now I'm adding some CaCl2 and MgCl2, 200-250 ppm or so. But still like well water to start.

xet

It is a lie "crops like Chlorine" and this lie is entirely made-up out of thin-air to trick the unwitting reader.

Three Berries

With my two runs now the flowering ones got OD on Ca, especially the oldest. It's yellowing fast, but still pushing out new pistils and a few amber trics. It's nearing the end. The other is doing well but has some burnt edges on the leaves. Cannot get the run off out of the 5.9 area. :( Been on rain water for two weeks with quite a bit of runoff. Using about a gallon every two days now.

GDP 2 2022  7 weeks.jpg

The two Veg ones are in great shape at a run off of 6.6, just gave them some nutes for the first time in two weeks as one is yellowing. This pic accentuates it a bit as it's not as bad in normal light. They cannot get enough water as I added too much perlite in the mix. Have to water them every day and today took the spacers out so they can sit in their runoff and soak it up.

GDP3 2022 yellow smallest.jpg
GDP3 2022 near the end of veg.jpg

The yellow one is in the left rear.

Last edited:

Three Berries

And another thing. The purple fan leaf stems disappeared except for old ones in Veg, pH is around 6.6. In flower, the new pistils are a lot less dense but that maybe the lower CO2. But defiantly a change. Got old yeller there up to a 6.1 runoff last night. The smaller one is still 5.9.

The difference is the yellow one got Ca while in the stretch while the other never got any under the 12hr regime. Though it got plenty when in Veg. The smaller one has burnt edges but is getting quite frosty.

One thing about adding the perlite is it's really hard to over water them. I gave them both a good flushing last night gallon on yeller and two gallons on the smaller.

Three Berries

I cut the oldest one (in the middle) and put in a new Veg. Still have a couple weeks to go on the smaller GDP. I was getting concerned about the new flower tops looking like some seeds. o_O Upon closer examination it appeared to just be balled up sugar leaves.
Time for a change the flip flash.jpg

Last edited:

H.Marks

That's some serious growing dude...real nice buds there... My tap water is from a mountain spring in the Pyrenees PH7... Plants love it but not too cold, I leave it out to warm a bit.

xet

With my two runs now the flowering ones got OD on Ca, especially the oldest. It's yellowing fast, but still pushing out new pistils and a few amber trics. It's nearing the end. The other is doing well but has some burnt edges on the leaves. Cannot get the run off out of the 5.9 area. :( Been on rain water for two weeks with quite a bit of runoff. Using about a gallon every two days now.

View attachment 18715145

The two Veg ones are in great shape at a run off of 6.6, just gave them some nutes for the first time in two weeks as one is yellowing. This pic accentuates it a bit as it's not as bad in normal light. They cannot get enough water as I added too much perlite in the mix. Have to water them every day and today took the spacers out so they can sit in their runoff and soak it up.

View attachment 18715144 View attachment 18715146

The yellow one is in the left rear.
Your plants look amazing.

I can see these plants are heat lovers and could probably go another 25'F+ :LOL:

They look like some Mazar x White Widow crosses I made (which may or may not be called a white rhino?)

Three Berries

Your plants look amazing.

I can see these plants are heat lovers and could probably go another 25'F+ :LOL:

They look like some Mazar x White Widow crosses I made (which may or may not be called a white rhino?)
I run them in mid 80s. Kind of whatever the light puts out. If I try and control the heat too much the humidity is in the tank. As is the veg tent now with just seedlings. The flowering tent now if full stretch takes car of it's own humidity for now. Just defoliated twice and still need to go in and get off some of the large leaves.

Got the two seedlings greened up. You can start to see the difference between the Happy Frog and the Ocean Forest soils. So far one watering of 1/2 nutes and some Ca/Mg chloride. And rainwater today.

GDP3 1 month 2022.jpg

Reactions: xet

Three Berries

Been running the humidity low or actually just not augmenting it. So the VPD has been in the mid .50s or so. Watered again today for the third time since transplant. Fimmed the oldest one (Ocean Forest)and started to add some humidity. Have one auto seedling popped out and one still hiding.

Going to get hot outside this next week so another variable will be the AC running all the time.

Three Berries

Here's a pic. You can see the bigger one the crispy older leaves. And my little bubba auto doing good. Seems to like the ProMix.
Fox Farm Ocean Forest burnt.jpg

Watered this morning with some well water and dissolved limestone on the Ocean Forest one. Got a little run off. It was 6.2 and 2200 ppm. Better than the first run off last week.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So, the Ocean Forest plant has huge leaves but getting badly burnt. I switched to my hard well water vs rain. The other is doing good in Happy Frog soil and rain water. Fimmed them both this time.
It's burnt because you were feeding it fertilizer and rainwater. Don't use fertilizer until you need it and you didn't need it because that plant looked good TB. 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts