What's new

Quick drying

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all i have a load of bud and trim i need to dry fast to put through the bubblebags, any suggestions as to how to dry it fast without the thc being affected.......i was thinking of using the microwave on defrost. thanks in advance.
Peace

Dr. D

Veteran
dont use the microwave man itl zap ur shit up....its a bit like a giant vapo if ya think about it! airing cupboard is the best bet or just freeze it as it is then bubble it..u need good warmth and airflow to get it to dry quick..persoanlly id freeze it then bubble it..it acts like ice too cuz itlk go solid like uce and then all the trichs break off nice and easy... :2cents:

Sleepy

Veteran
hi, TC!!!

you could preheat your oven to its lowest setting, spread the trim on a cookie sheet or two...

turn the oven OFF, then place the cookie sheets in the oven with the door open a little...

check 'em every couple of minutes until dry...

make sure its not too hot, you will vaporize the essential oils....

enjoy the run of bubble!!! :sasmokin:

G

if you are gonna be running it in your Bbags

I would grind it all up
spread it out a little on a large tray/box
and let it air dry
...it will be dry enough on its own in only a day or 2...then freeze and run it in your bags

....any method that adds heat is gonna make the potency and taste go way down hill

Dr. D

Veteran
no need to grind it up u will loose more trichs and increase the spread of any mold that cud still be there....might as well just freeze it then bubble it :joint:

G

I have taken fresh leaf from the plant, was to hard up to wait for it to dry, just put it in the a brown bag in the freezer, rolled the bag around every 30 minut's for a few hour's, did the bag thing and it worked just fine.. It has come to my attention that I do get much better result's if I do leaf the trim in the freezer longer. I like leaving it in over night for the real dry leaf.

Now to get it all to dry faster, the pilot light alone in the overn will do it with a brown bag. Just put in the bag and set it in the oven. Stir it all up every hour or so and for me I have dried product come morning time.

Hope you the best, but just simple air flow around it will dry it out.

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

headees

I just posted a thead asking if dry or fresh trim was better for bubble bags. So I guess it must be dry for the best results?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually you will get cleaner hash from fresh trim because less powdery shake will make it through to contaminate the hash. Although the fresh trim is a bit harder to work with unless frozen well. Can actually do a run with fresh trim then let dry and do a "commercial" run :)