What's new

Quezon on Bulk

Tweexican

A nice Quezon Isolate I have been working with for the past few months.

Spawned 3 quarts of WBS (wild bird seed) to 10LBS of bulk substrate (straw, coir, castings, and verm) all pasteurized for 45 minutes.

took 4 days to fully colonize, but i let it go 3 more for good measure.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I always do the work in front of my flowhood. Just keeps everyting clean!

79towncar

Thats knotting up nicely.. Did you build your flowhood? I was wondering what kind of blower you are using.. They can get expensive but it's worth the investment in this hobby.. Those 66qt Sterlite Tubs are the best! Those snap handles are perfect and they are the perfect dimensions.. Also they stack real nice without caving in... Do you like birdseed better then Rye? Or is it just more convenient for you?

Tweexican

Thats knotting up nicely.. Did you build your flowhood? I was wondering what kind of blower you are using.. They can get expensive but it's worth the investment in this hobby.. Those 66qt Sterlite Tubs are the best! Those snap handles are perfect and they are the perfect dimensions.. Also they stack real nice without caving in... Do you like birdseed better then Rye? Or is it just more convenient for you?

The blower is around 300cfm. Its a built in ceiling module that I installed a hepa into.

Uh I like birdseed when rye's not available. here in the midwest winter rye is harvested late sept, oct and sold in 50-60lb bags for ~$15. Rye is by far my favorite medium to grow spawn in. The myceilum just looks so healthy and robust. Plus, I never have a stalled jar with rye like I do occasionally with WBS.

This tub actually got contamed with trichoderma. I believe I didn't pasteurize the casing long enough. (cutting corners gets you nowhere.) :microwave: