What's new

Questions on 38 degrees South lat strains

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas, been looking for some strains that do well in the 38 degree South latitude. Most stuff I'm growing out doesn't work well with the climate and I think it's time for a change. I grow guerilla style, around pines and native swamps. Straight in the ground with small amounts of ammendment. Been searching Google but haven't come up with anything. Any one had any experience? Cheers.

funkyhorse

Hi there
I been many times to 38 south. I am currently living north of you on wetlands
Since breeding is done in the northern hemisphere with strains adapted to very different environments than yours it is very reasonable that most plants dont do well

Situation at the southern part of the world is breed it yourself, nobody breeds for southern hemisphere conditions that I know of, there is much more UV than in the northern hemisphere at the same latitude,I am seeing many plants go intersex in these conditions. Something interesting is reading from other reports that strains going intersex at other environments here do well and viceversa

Try a sativa that can handle humidity and be a fast finnisher. Indicas will unavoidably rot at your climate or you could try danish strains like Hybrids from Hell, they are adapted to wet and cold conditions but they are made on lat 55 north and at your latitude they might behave like auto or semiauto strains
If you find a breeder doing work for your latitude and humid conditions, please post it

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
breeders like Dan from Rebel grown and Jesse Dodd, that’s Biovortex, are doing some amazing work, breeding towards drought resistance and plants that feed efficiently. Black Dog is one plant that l recommend to everyone for these reasons.
lt might help to explain your (micro)climate, soil, watering and overall strategy so people can give you recommendations based on a more robust description.
I know Ace also has some pretty amazing land races that do really well in the conditions you’ve described and might be worth a look. One in particular caught my eye, l can’t remember what it was called but Dubi described one of the phenos effects as having, “an impending sense of doom”.
That’s interesting information Funky Horse. I’ve personally only ever had a few plants herm on me. Two were local strains that had probably been bottle necked in the breeding process and one was a DrGreenthumb Canada’s Iranian Haze that l planted too early and reveged under stress. I will say that the other genetics of his l’ve grown were really very good, particularly the Endless Sky.
Cheers,