What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questionabout flowering PAR

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i looked at the literature for the mars fc 8000 and it shows a little over 1500 umols at 12" dead center.

you might try setting it for that height and check temps

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LEDs make heat too. On my 4800 Mars light I keep the driver outside the tent to avoid that additional heat source. The fact that their new design allows that is a plus IMO. That light is a little small, but not by much. I pulled 25 quart jars from the last sativa run with it.

Forced filtered air, a cool and dry lung room, exhausting the tents outside. Those improvements have really helped a lot.

snakedope

I would highly recommend that you avoid the stupid stuff delta and bugsbee are talking about, their stuff is only valid on papers and theories, not in real life.

There isn't such thing as light stress sorry, only heat stress.
LEDs make heat stress more rapidly because their beams are more focused, and also because everything that is alive and breathing just don't like LEDs, they are not nature lights, so when you move them close they will cause curling, stress, and burning.

If you like to believe papers and theories please listen to delta and bugsbee

The sun is more intense then any bulb but no light stress nowhere to be found hahaha
Light stress is just something LED owners invented to explain why this crappy light is making their plants curl and suffer🥱

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts