What's new

question on breeding autos

chongsbuddy

Veteran
if i have a male fully auto plant and a female fully auto plant,which 1 will have the dominance in the new seed?

*mr.mike*

Dominance in what terms? Some things, like "potency:, are co-dominant, and will result in a general "average" of the parent plants. Of course, the autoflower thing seems recessive.

But really, consider that most autos are polyhybrids of autos and other strains... that's a lot of stuff to stir up and make a perfect soup.

I guess that maybe it would be better to ask: "if I cross Specific Strain A with Specific Strain B, what will I get?". A lot of people here have crossed so many strains, that there is bound to be someone who did it, or a very close analogous cross to give you an idea.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
what i am asking is will the seeds produced by a male and female,be more like the mother or father?will the fathers traits shine through in the offspring or will the traits of the mother shine through more.i want to breed a "early wonder skunk" with a auto ak47.The "early wonder skunk is a bigger yeilder and is more potent,so naturally i want those traits to be carried to the seeds.So i want to know if i should use a female or male "early wonder skunk" to make sure the seeds have more of the "early wonder skunk" in them.I cant find any regular auto ak seeds,all the ones i can find are fems.So i might have to use a female auto ak and a male "early wonder skunk"What do you think?

AromaDreams

I dont know if anyone has really tracked down what traits are what in marijuana. I'm sure some people know thier own strains, but I can explain a little bout breeding and genetics but only in reference to snakes, but it might help clear up a little, but you would still need to find out what traits are dominant, co-dominant, and recessive.
in snakes. if you were to have a normal ball python (Nn) and an albino (an)-which is recessive, you would end up with these chances. ball pythons usually have 4 eggs, you would get 2 normal looking snakes that both carry the recessive gene (Na) and 2 completely normal snakes(nn), genes and looks. but it is all chance. you are not guaranteed to get snakes that have recessive genes. in order to get a full albino, you would need to breed 2 albinos and breed one full albino to a normal that carrys the albino gene (het).

bassicly, if you are looking for a snigle trait, you need to seclude it, breed it, and then breed it back for the traits you want. You could breed the 2, germ and grow out "all" the seeds till you find the pheno's that resemble what you want. prolly with auto flower, in-breed for specific trait, to make the plant favor that trait. after growing out tons of seeds and constant in-breeding, you can achieve a plant that will have what you want.
it is doubtful that breeding 2 plants together and the seeds you get off the female will have the perfect mix you want. some will favor the mother, some the father and some will favor a mix, but you will need to breed back for the traits you want to strengthen them, cuase just cuase some plants dont show thier father/mother, they may still carry the genes.
is there a reason for breeding the "early wonder skunk" to the auot ak47? if you are looking to keep mostly the traits of the early wonder, i would just breed a male and female ews.

it all comes down to genes and traits. from what I understand, it takes a bit to make your own strain stable.
hope this helps a little

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i am going to buy a couple of strains to breed,but now that you have said it,im just going to make somef2's maybe.I would like to have seeds that were done by late august at the latest and get 4-6 ounces off the plant.Potency is a must too.can anyone recommend a good early strain to breed with?

lowrdr

in theory its the traits of the mother that get carried over stronger. hence why when people are creating an af strain they pollinate a mother of a photosensitive with auto male as the only traits they really want from the male are the auto traits, if that makes any sense lol