What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for tropical GH grow

flamstaa

Hello Thighland. I'm about to move back there after a 2 year break.

Yes additional light and black out curtains will be needed to grow hybrids in a greenhouse. As for the humidity I don't know other than you'll certainly want a highly mould resistant cut. Have you grown there before? Curious what bug/pest problems Thai growers encounter?

Unfortunately Thai strains have been subject to hermaphrodite since the dawn of time. Pity from a growing POV as it's hands down my favorite high ever but I'd hope any seeds from a seedbank would be less likely to.

Good luck!

Thighland

I had a go at growing a few years back, it went well, but being bag seed all 6 plants turned herm. I'm having a go now. A bought a few plants I bought on the side of the road, all of which are female, plus some seeds sent to me and two local varieties I bought from a Thai breeder. The problem is it's rained for what seems two months, humidity is at 95% and it's dark. We are on the edge of the rainforest, it's like living in a cloud.

Once the rain stops, the humidity is much less. This is when I hope the plants will flower, unless it rains for several days they should be OK in the GH. The lights are not in the GH, I have a seperate grow tent.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Might want to experiment with autoflowers. Can make your own seeds if it works out, Finishes in 60 to 90 days, regardless of light. Downside is can not clone, they are not forgiving if any problems, and will have numerous phenotypes.

Thighland

Thanks for the suggestion. One problem is seeds, I need to import them which is still not allowed and they are expensive (relative to other costs here). At the moment I've a heap of small plants under an LED. As the area fills I'll start moving them outside and see what happens. Hopefully by experimenting I can get a decent system.

Lights are the go here for sprouts I think, the outdoors is too hostile and unpredictable, especially for bugs this time of year.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thanks for the suggestion. One problem is seeds, I need to import them which is still not allowed and they are expensive (relative to other costs here). At the moment I've a heap of small plants under an LED. As the area fills I'll start moving them outside and see what happens. Hopefully by experimenting I can get a decent system.

Lights are the go here for sprouts I think, the outdoors is too hostile and unpredictable, especially for bugs this time of year.
Do you know how to make your own feminized seeds, once you acquire desired strain??? In USA they get away with mailing clones, since they have no THC. Does Thai law prohibit them?? Probably better safe than sorry in SEA.

If I could get my 6 dogs there, I would love to live in Phuket.

Thighland

I've read a little about making the feminized seeds and have a friend who can do it. Mailing within Thailand is fine, but international isn't. There are a lot of Thais selling hybrid seeds, which I think they're producing locally.

Latest posts

Latest posts