What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Yeah, 3 years ago when the hop latent viroid outburst was all over our part of Europe and dispensaries in Vienna were shutting down and rehabilitating mothers via tissue culture, I was careful about mosaic virus patterns on plants I was growing, even curious of opinion of Sam Skunkman thats true. His reply was "where did you get OH seeds" thats it lol.
Later I came to conclusion by myself and do not longer doubt the variegation I see here and there, on my Haze plants.

But it makes perfect sense to say now, after 3 years from that discussion, that I think leaf curl is virus and report it to MadMac, such quality information was delivered here, for sure helpful to everyone.

And lets turn it against me as well, Im trying to clarify it just for my seed games :LOL: and ego!

This was truly something, just the Haze threads being hazy I guess. Eventually I can only laugh about it.
What virus you talking about ?
why than most of phenos of my Jack H had it,and strains that growed with them touch them like bubnlegum,sour amnesia,gellato,sorbret didnt have them. Why I found only this on one pheno of my WW and not in others they had been growing in the same pot together.
I dont believe in this Virus stories its genetic trait of original NL5 I think.
No one of you have Original Haze seeds you are all just tripping. Those what you have are seeds lines that have O Haze traits locked....mostly old seedbank and sensi stock.

Last edited:

Dentex

If Sam had not been honest 15 years ago brother, when he did recommend the Seedsman OH as beeing seeds made by him, you would not be growing OH nowadays and still be trusting the disinformation on the all the original haze lines being to much inbred, hay, not pure and all that bullshit.

I am very thankful to Sam for having said the truth to us on the Original Haze.
Hey Johnny,being honest once doesn't make one an honest guy in my book :) Once dishonest does make one dishonest tho IMO.More than once ,ahem.
Damn,I was just listening to that song while reading the skunkman quote so sorry I just went with the vibe...

I am thankful to everyone involved,even the colombian farmers responsible in the first place.But I call em how I see em. And I still havent got a good answer why he got all this dna from other people on phylos and not his haze.I think most of us have a hunch though.

Damn where is that meme with the guy wondering why skunkman named the skunk after himself and then totally changed the terps and kept same name... :censored:

Peace .

JohnnyChicago

Yeah, 3 years ago when the hop latent viroid outburst was all over our part of Europe and dispensaries in Vienna were shutting down and rehabilitating mothers via tissue culture, I was careful about mosaic virus patterns on plants I was growing, even curious of opinion of Sam Skunkman thats true. His reply was "where did you get OH seeds" thats it lol.
Later I came to conclusion by myself and do not longer doubt the variegation I see here and there, on my Haze plants.

But it makes perfect sense to say now, after 3 years from that discussion, that I think leaf curl is virus and report it to MadMac, such quality information was delivered here, for sure helpful to everyone.

And lets turn it against me as well, Im trying to clarify it just for my seed games :LOL: and ego!

This was truly something, just the Haze threads being hazy I guess. Eventually I can only laugh about it.

It's your problem if you forget to give news for 3 years after reporting your virus suspicions you did even insult Sam for...... Of course a breeder needs to know the origin of your OH seeds in order to help identify the source of your problem, especially when the seeds are not made by him.

Once dishonest does make one dishonest tho IMO.More than once ,ahem.Damn,I was just listening to that song while reading the skunkman quote so sorry I just went with the vibe...

I am thankful to everyone involved,even the colombian farmers responsible in the first place.But I call em how I see em. And I still havent got a good answer why he got all this dna from other people on phylos and not his haze.I think most of us have a hunch though.

Damn where is that meme with the guy wondering why skunkman named the skunk after himself and then totally changed the terps and kept same name... :censored:

Peace .

Hey Dentex, of course I think more or less the same.
But we were not there.
While with the Original Haze it's we who are here and now.

DNA testing, after the OH patenting attempt, I believe that's the kind of people, who should do it.
I would have done it too, it was the plan. But for what? And for who?
If then I would do it only for myself lol
May be what Sam did too!

Sam has waited 2,5 years for my samples he wanted for DNA testing. I am sure it is tested.
Would be so easy to show a document with the results......
But would we trust?

@led05 I don't know.That is why I am showing that plant here in this thread!

elanius

Veteran
It's your problem if you forget to give news for 3 years after reporting your virus suspicions you did even insult Sam for...... Of course a breeder needs to know the origin of your OH seeds in order to help identify the source of your problem, especially when the seeds are not made by him.

Dear lord, did you forgot your medicine today ?

I have never insulted Sam wtf are you talking about ?! I also did say what kind of Haze am I growing, Sam was only interested where I got the seeds, not who made them. He knows he made the Seedsman Haze and he could answer if he is familiar with mosaic pattern on seedline he made and sold to Seedsman. But that was not his interest, like it or not, its the truth. I know you and the truth dont go along well though...

I never reported anything about Haze having virus, because I did not know at the time if its virus or variegation. As I tried to demonstrate by quoting myself from 3 years ago, hoped that will put things to rest but no, not enough.
Why would I report something publicly I am not sure about? Im not you. You come here after 3 years and speak for myself, and out of context, things I dont agree with and than calling for mods to ban me, when I defend my opinion about that matter :whee:Why do you still call for my attention in some way or another, in Tom Hill Haze thread, now here. Can I help you?

herbgreen

Veteran
I really dont want to point out this This whole conversation and problem has its origins one place

Bad huju

Do not take testers, clones, or seeds you are trusted with And start a seed company

Ive seen It here more than once and in real world.... Its a major disaster

Bad huju I say!!!!

Its Voodoo

Just drop the Chalupa.......And slowly back away

Its a fucked up hybrid trying to make the ultimate haze out of the ultimate haze

You know ...You would think that would = the ultimate haze X2 or even X3

No surprise to me this ends being some sort of Monkey's paw

Stop tinkering with good stuff to get money and fame etc.....:angrymod:

Johnny handed off his best work...Now look @ this mess

elanius you do great work...Just trying to report what you found

Its bound to be trouble....Trouble I say!

Bad huju , Bad huju....just cant shake that:poop:

Stop fighting among yourselves drop the Voodoo Stick and run!

x

herbgreen

Veteran
All this negativity makes it hard to focus

Here's what to do to grow some original haze seeds

flower-power made a great Open Pollinated reproduction of Johnnys selected Seedsman Original haze

Its even been called ICmag Haze Its available to serious sativa growers That's True

Todd Mccormick made repro of SamS original haze

The haze-4-dayz boneyard reproduction of The Flying Dutchman Original Haze

Boneyard seeds Norcal - LinkTree

These are your best Leads for Pure Original Haze Seeds now

:rasta: Be Positive! Be like Bob Marley Positive Vibration!

x

Cerathule

That fasciated OH plant is also triploid, that the many other fasciated Original Haze plants we are finding since 2015 were not. May be an interesting information for Sam, but also for MadMac, that's why I am posting it!

Here when she was younger....
View attachment 18822206
It's most likely not triploid, if it were, it would be sterile. Maybe it is/was (donno)? It's ummm "another tri...." @GMT

Polyploids can be identified by bigger leaves, bigger guard cells (stomatas) and a number of changes to the density of some micro structures on leaves, stalks.... no expert here and don't know if that holds true for triploids but tetraploid etc will show these phenotypic changes.

As for your virus... there's different types of viruses and these move differently throughout a plant. Some will infect a leaf, then go down to the roots, then upwards and spread throughout the plant, in a distinct pattern that alone in itself can be a thorough evidence of a virus at large.
Others just stay where they are and move very very slowly... some spread by mechanical transmittance... etc so a single pic is never enough but a documentation could be reveiling.

Sometimes chloroplasts mutate and get dysfunctional, but still multiply. Then make these bizarre patterns. Usually resulting in a total chlorosis of the whole leafblade at some point. Sometimes they go away when there are also healthy chloroplasts. It depends alot on what is available when the leaf is still very tiny and growing.
just my 2c

Airloom

Veteran
All this negativity makes it hard to focus

Here's what to do to grow some original haze seeds

flower-power made a great Open Pollinated reproduction of Johnnys selected Seedsman Original haze

Its even been called ICmag Haze Its available to serious sativa growers That's True

Todd Mccormick made repro of SamS original haze

The haze-4-dayz boneyard reproduction of The Flying Dutchman Original Haze

Boneyard seeds Norcal - LinkTree

These are your best Leads for Pure Original Haze Seeds now

:rasta: Be Positive! Be like Bob Marley Positive Vibration!

x
Thanks for this
I just grabbed 2 packs of Todd’s O Haze 100% Columbian because I liked the vibe……and I don’t think I have any pure Columbian Haze.

My new goal is to have EVERY type of haze ever mentioned on the forums 🤞 and grow 10,000 plants before I die.

One of them will likely be a true Haze but I’ve gotta grow them first. It’s like pokeweed…..gotta grow them all……

I’ve read and heard good stuff about Flying Dutchman and will have to buy some of their gear

Honestly, when I look back on my life and all the money I p____ away this seed obsession is a very cheap date.

Grow on

OldSkewlGrower

Ever tried it?
Just curious . . . want more info on the . . . mind bending.
A sample flowered for 36 weeks was similar to a shroom trip with a quicker onset. I was questioning if everything around me was real. And the effects last LONG. It was strange, scary, and fun but it's not for everyone. Best avoided by anyone with any mental conditions or those that get paranoid easily. Not for beginners.

OldSkewlGrower

Sam_Skunkman said:
It is absurd that neville said he got 1969 O Haze seeds from the Haze Bros.
#1 Neville first traveled to USA in 86 or 87 at the earliest, the main Haze Brother, R was gone, retired in Mexico by 82 he did not come back for 10 years. He was the one that created O Haze. The second Haze Brother J quit growing O Haze about 1980 and only grew Skunk #1 after that, until he became a reborn christian, then he quit growing, and anyway recently he told me he never met Neville and he certainly did not sell any Haze seeds to him or anyone else ever.
#2 The Haze Bros had a falling out in the late 70's and stopped talking to one another, for certain they did not sell seeds as the Haze Bros to anyone, it is ridiculous as well as impossible.
Lets be honest Neville got the seeds from me, but he had promised me that he would not make pure Haze and sell them as such, I told him it was fine to make Haze hybrids with other varieties that were not mine.
He broke his word and started selling Haze pure and hybrids with my varieties, and I stopped working with him.
Maybe he lied to avoid the problems that accompany breaking your word? I can not say, but I know Neville did not meet the Haze Bros and did not get any O Haze seeds from them. Both the Haze Bros were close friends of mine and both were close neighbors for years, J lived a few hundred meters from my house until he departed to Mexico.

-SamS

:p

If he wasnt honest enough not even to post his ohaze on phylos why bother to listen to bedtime stories ;)

xIUt8bM.jpg

View attachment 18822138

View attachment 18822136 View attachment 18822137

Wow.. how is the high on that?

Dentex

But would we trust?
Hell no :LOL: .But absence of it is a big elephant in the room for me .Either shows as sth different than what we expect (doubt it) or it s the grey area of ohaze patenting long before recent attempts.

And yes we weren't there so we are just speculating and making our conclusions/theories since the memories and reports are hazy.Not that I have any horses in this race,just my stoned ramblings mostly.

About the smoke of the pearl pheno that you guys asked about,it s nice but not as good as a normal pheno one(in my limited experience of having grown some seedsman ,golli and s1 marked packs via MM), probably there's variation in pearls too though .

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
What virus you talking about ?
why than most of phenos of my Jack H had it,and strains that growed with them touch them like bubnlegum,sour amnesia,gellato,sorbret didnt have them. Why I found only this on one pheno of my WW and not in others they had been growing in the same pot together.
I dont believe in this Virus stories its genetic trait of original NL5 I think.
No one of you have Original Haze seeds you are all just tripping. Those what you have are seeds lines that have O Haze traits locked....mostly old seedbank and sensi stock.
Old NL definitely variegate, I have one from early 90’s - assuming it’s Inherited (it is) then it’s a beacon point to see how pollen flew @, a tracer if you will. Many, many things have been touched by that/those old NL whether they care to admit it, or even knew to begin with, including a lot of Haze even…

PS @Raho - of course Cannabis plants have virus / viroid pressures, saying otherwise would be contrary to Basic Biology…

Hey Johnny,being honest once doesn't make one an honest guy in my book :) Once dishonest does make one dishonest tho IMO.More than once ,ahem.
Damn,I was just listening to that song while reading the skunkman quote so sorry I just went with the vibe...

Peace .
Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice…. :)

Sam has waited 2,5 years for my samples he wanted for DNA testing. I am sure it is tested.
Would be so easy to show a document with the results......
But would we trust?

@led05 I don't know.That is why I am showing that plant here in this thread!

Thank you - ^ - I’ve got another good saying….

“Believe half of which you see & none of which you hear”… :)

I have a haunch Cambodian #1 may have some funky ploidy going (Poly) on but as I’ve never personally tested it, it’s a weak hunch, at best….

Would hope SamS would provide those results for you if he had them done…

Anyone know the ballpark range it costs to have plants tested for Ploidy, I believe it varies by plant species due to level of difficulty?

Edit: nobody need take out a second mortgage

Last edited:

acespicoli

Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) is a virus that was first identified in tobacco crops, but can impact other plants, including cannabis. While it cannot hurt the grower, it can significantly deform plants and lower yields. There is no cure.Jan 5, 2018

TMV is very easily transmitted when an infected leaf rubs against a leaf of a healthy plant, by contaminated tools, and occasionally by workers whose hands become contaminated with TMV after smoking cigarettes. A wounded plant cell provides a site of entry for TMV.

Clean tools with alcohol
Image result for tobacco mosaic virus in hemp

Image result for tobacco mosaic virus in hemp

Viroid testing would be nice

Hemp and Hop Diseases​

Hemp Diseases

1. Viral diseases of Hemp

Several significant viruses have been reported to affect hemp:

• Beet curly top virus (BCTV)
  • Alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV)
  • Arabis mosaic virus (ArMV))
  • Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV)
  • Lettuce chlorosis virus (LCV)
  • Tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV)
  • Tomato ringspot virus (ToRSV)
  • Tobacco streak virus (TSV)
  • Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV)
Symptoms of these viruses on hemp may include mosaic, chlorosis, leaf mottling, and stunting.

AMV symptoms

AMV symptoms on cannabis leaf
Maybe Sam has had the opportunity to test some of the more popular circulating for virals ?
It is quite expensive

Interestingly enough many crops virtues are thru infection
figs
sweet potatoes
Maybe cannabis ?

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
but bob died.....
He had 17 kids

And is going to live forever thru what he put out there!:rasta:

And what he put out there was Positive Vibration, Rastaman Vibration

Everyman dies........Not every man lives

And most are reduced to a pile of shit

Bob wouldn't treat his wound on his toe by amputation....which eventually spread and killed him

He believed in keeping his body whole.....That's how high Bob was!

Really fuckin' High ....Dont even get high just get Bob Marley records.... youll be high:biggrin:

acespicoli

TMV is very easily transmitted when an infected leaf rubs against a leaf of a healthy plant, by contaminated tools, and occasionally by workers whose hands become contaminated with TMV after smoking cigarettes. A wounded plant cell provides a site of entry for TMV. The virus can also contaminate seed coats, and the plants germinating from these seeds can become infected. TMV is extraordinarily stable. Purified TMV (Figure 6) has been reported to be infectious after 50 years storage in the laboratory at 4°C/40°F.

Management at harvest and in storage​

Elimination of inoculum. Under experimental conditions, it has been shown that TMV can be inactivated when workers dip their contaminated hands in milk prior to planting. This inexpensive technique greatly reduces the incidence of disease (Figure 12). Seedlings that are known to be susceptible should not be transplanted into soil that contains TMV-contaminated root or plant debris.

TMV can easily overwinter on the seed coat, thus providing an inoculum source for the next planting cycle. Therefore, it is important to treat TMV-contaminated tobacco seed with a 10% solution of trisodium phosphate for 15 minutes. Alternatively, tomato seed contaminated with TMV can be incubated at 70°C/158°F for 2-4 days prior to planting. Both treatments will inactivate the virus that is on the seed coat, but should have little negative effect on seed germination.

1679623515220.png

not tested on hemp seed yet...?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts